Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Does anyone know any information about this title? It's been trademarked since 2006, According to Toriyama, the project is very much alive, and they're keeping it secretive.

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
XIII entry is over for now. They may rebrand/change the title if they were keeping the project. But, what about Toriyama? I do not hate him but he's not high at reputation.

Kaimi

Yevonite
Oct 10, 2013
Poland
Haeresis XIII was possibly just a name for a possible project regarding Fabula Nova Crystallis. There was no statement that I occur that anything was done towards this project.

Personally, I like to think that if Haeresis XIII would be reality, it's be sequel to Final Fantasy XIII starring Vanille and Fang.

To think that back in the day, they wanted Fabula Nova Crystallis to be twice the size and scope of the FFVII Compilation, with at least six (self-contained) entries, including perhaps a full feature film and some other media like books. I won't even be surprised if they had planned an anime series as well. =P

"Haeresis" would have seemed a little redundant for me. We've already defied an established global religion in FFX. We've been beating up sci-fi Pope a few times in FFXIII. We've slain god after god in the JRPG genre. LR's sinister cult and its intense hatred of a "wicked Saviour" (thereby being heretics to Etro...I think) perhaps could have been pulled from whatever basic idea or premise someone had in mind when they first trademarked the name in 2006.

Actually come to think of it, what about an RPG equivalent of the Spanish Inquisition? You're not the heretic. You're the trusty acolyte-turned-warrior possibly wielding a Templar cross on your chestplate and shield, tasked with flushing out heretics and to punish them whatever way you can. No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Keriaku

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 26, 2013
I feel like we shouldn't necessarily write off its existence completely. I don't think there's any indication that the Fabula Nova Crystallis saga is ending anytime soon. We have no clue what could be happening with Final Fantasy XV, let alone what might happen in parallel or beyond that.

qualitydisc

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 25, 2014
There was a trademark for this in the U.S. Patent Office (with a logo!) but it has been marked as "abandoned" for several years. "Haeresis" means "heresy." I think it was just a project that got pushed out due to being too busy with other projects. Not an original name for FF13. Whey would they name a mainline FF with a subtitle.