Final Fantasy Q&A

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Except in this case it's not. Most of their mobile efforts have been crap all around and aren't worth defending.
I can't speak to it as I haven't actually played it, and it may be bad, but the idea of using FF art for a Picross style game isn't something I inherently reject so long as it's actually a good Picross game. I spent bloody hours and hours on that Tetris game for the DS that had all the Zelda/Mario/Metroid/etc themed levels, for instance, and the presence of assets and music from franchises I loved made the already-satisfying twists they did on the Tetris formula even better.

That's the point I'm making, really, in general. I'm fine with the FF franchise being used in strange and different places as an idea, it just all ends up being about execution.

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
I can't speak to it as I haven't actually played it, and it may be bad, but the idea of using FF art for a Picross style game isn't something I inherently reject so long as it's actually a good Picross game. I spent bloody hours and hours on that Tetris game for the DS that had all the Zelda/Mario/Metroid/etc themed levels, for instance, and the presence of assets and music from franchises I loved made the already-satisfying twists they did on the Tetris formula even better.

That's the point I'm making, really, in general. I'm fine with the FF franchise being used in strange and different places as an idea, it just all ends up being about execution.
Pictlogica is not a good game. It's on the same level as All The Bravest.

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
Seeing all the can of worms that X-2.5 and the Audio Drama seem to be opening, it made me wonder about whether the world of Final Fantasy VII could be considered "unresolved"? And I figured the Q&A thread would be a good place to post this rather than making a new thread.

After all, the entirety of Crisis Core show us what Genesis is capable of and then the secret ending of Dirge of Cerberus shows us a very stabilized and well rested Genesis re-entering the world.

And then... nothing.

So when we take the Compilation of FF7 as a whole, do you feel that we have been left with a really big loose thread? Has this ever been explained by official sources?

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Seeing all the can of worms that X-2.5 and the Audio Drama seem to be opening, it made me wonder about whether the world of Final Fantasy VII could be considered "unresolved"? And I figured the Q&A thread would be a good place to post this rather than making a new thread.

After all, the entirety of Crisis Core show us what Genesis is capable of and then the secret ending of Dirge of Cerberus shows us a very stabilized and well rested Genesis re-entering the world.

And then... nothing.

So when we take the Compilation of FF7 as a whole, do you feel that we have been left with a really big loose thread? Has this ever been explained by official sources?
There's been various quotes over the years about what they plan to do with the compilation. Apparently, they viewed FF7 as a "20-year project," so we could yet see something again around the game's 20th anniversary. Shinji Hashimoto last said in 2009 that the compilation was on hold "for now." There will probably be something at some point in the future.

http://www.1up.com/news/square-enix-compilation-final-fantasy
http://www.1up.com/news/20-years-final-fantasy-vii

Last edited:

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Yeah. There was probably meant to be something more about the whole Genesis story arc, but the fact that Dirge did absolutely awfully both critically and commercially damaged those chances, I think.

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
Yeah. There was probably meant to be something more about the whole Genesis story arc, but the fact that Dirge did absolutely awfully both critically and commercially damaged those chances, I think.
Dirge wasn't very FF. It was like a generic shooter game.