Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Final Fantasy Type-0 General Thread

Possible spoilers for Type-0 ahead.
Some information regarding Type-0 HD and its hypothetical sequel (tentatively titled "TYPE NEXT") from a PlayStation HK interview with Tabata (same one where he gave XV tidbits):

Type-0 HD
• Tabata reemphasizes that Type-0 HD was developed and released largely because of fan demand. Square Enix had no plans to release the original PSP game to regions outside of Japan.
• When asked about the possibility of a PS Vita version, Tabata again mentions that, because the project was born as a result of fan demand, the PS4 was considered to be the ideal platform for reaching the widest audience possible (XONE version of Type-0 HD has not been released in Hong Kong, I suspect). The development schedules for Type-0 HD and XV were concurrent, and the team already had much experience with developing games for the PS4, so they decided to move in that direction for Type-0 HD. Tabata would personally like to try to develop a game for the Vita, but first, finishing current projects is a top priority. Tabata also recommends playing Type-0 HD (and Episode Duscae) via Remote Play since you can enjoy the game(s) and quality graphics (lol) from the comfort of your bed.
Potential spoiler: Tabata was asked if he'd ever thought about changing the conclusion of Type-0 (those who've finished the game will know where the fans and the interviewer are coming from). Tabata explains that, from the very beginning of Type-0's development, the team had already decided that they wanted to pull off that kind of ending for the game. Thus, they wrote the story with the end in mind. Tabata goes further to say that he believes such an outcome is best. Players will react to the ending in their own way, and when they attempt Type-0 again on NG+, they will see the opening scene in a new light.

TYPE NEXT
• If there is to be a sequel, Tabata says he will consider other platforms on which to release the next TYPE entry (i.e. other than PS4/XONE).
• A TYPE sequel would have been an open-world action RPG along the lines of XV, but due to difficulties encountered during XV's development, Tabata's thinking about scaling back and scratching the open world in favor of something simpler.
• The next TYPE game will not be a direct continuation of Type-0's story.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Well, I'm 5 hours into the game and I have to say the VA... isn't actually half bad. Except for that Cinque girl. God she's annoying. I just wish they just had a better direction. Ace's, for example, is really uneven.

Also, 5 hours have passed and it still feels like I know absolutely nothing about the world, or the characters. The game's too busy sending me on meaningless missions. It's kinda weird. Does t get better?

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
TYPE NEXT
• If there is to be a sequel, Tabata says he will consider other platforms on which to release the next TYPE entry (i.e. other than PS4/XONE).
• A TYPE sequel would have been an open-world action RPG along the lines of XV, but due to difficulties encountered during XV's development, Tabata's thinking about scaling back and scratching the open world in favor of something simpler.
• The next TYPE game will not be a direct continuation of Type-0's story.
A week after Type 0 HD was realesed they confirmed(in a way)the existence of TYPE NEXT and that is actually a thing, which started shortly after the original Type 0 for PSP was realesed back in oct 2011 but the project was put on hold when Tabata was put in charge as co director FFXV in july of 2012

Well, I'm 5 hours into the game and I have to say the VA... isn't actually half bad. Except for that Cinque girl. God she's annoying. I just wish they just had a better direction. Ace's, for example, is really uneven.

Also, 5 hours have passed and it still feels like I know absolutely nothing about the world, or the characters. The game's too busy sending me on meaningless missions. It's kinda weird. Does t get better?
Depends on what you mean by 'better.' You get a lovely book to read about the lore, characters, and the world of Orience!

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Well, so far I'm having a good time, since the combat is enjoyable (even though I don't fully understand how it works). But the game feels... I dunno, unpolished. It has really questionable design choices. But I'm still just 7 hours in, maybe it gets better.

Which designs are you talking about? For the record, the structure is pretty much the same for most of the game. You may find it repetitive, but combat makes everything much more fun and bearable. (lol)

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Which designs are you talking about? For the record, the structure is pretty much the same for most of the game. You may find it repetitive, but combat makes everything much more fun and bearable. (lol)
The missions themselves are rather strigthforward and boring, the tasks are like fetch quests, so far character and plot development are non-existent. That's to name a few. But I guess I should play the rest of the game to form a more complete opinion.