Final Fantasy Versus XV Megathread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
... someone compared the KH battle system with Zelda Ocarina of Time?!?

I... how... what?!?

That's why I only come here to discuss FFXV related stuff. It's the only (mostly) sane place.
Cause of me and Hey Everyone? Oh cmon we're not that bad.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
... someone compared the KH battle system with Zelda Ocarina of Time?!?

I... how... what?!?

That's why I only come here to discuss FFXV related stuff. It's the only (mostly) sane place.
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231743319&postcount=998
The furry avatar makes it even better.

I wouldn't say that neogaf is a "cesspool of toxicness" as there are worse places but they probably have one of the most insufferable userbases. People can argue about something really silly in an inadequately serious manner with this sense of self-importance and smugness. Sometimes it can be funny to watch though.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Why do you keep lumping multiple different "leaks" as if they were one leak? Stop that. The person who said the thing about "children killing children" was not the person who leaked the story of XV or said XVI wouldn't happen unless XV did well, that leak was from May 2016. The person who said the stuff about "children killing children" was after XV was already released and is not the same person who leaked the story points, nor did he have any proof for anything he said.

And no Tabata was talking about specific region rating affecting it, the only place that does so is China. Lightning Returns still had Etro worship and she is a death goddess in the FF13 universe all the same.

And you do know that Etro was a death goddess, aka the Shinigami that Nomura talked about? Shinigami = death god = reaper. That Shinigami is just Etro, the death god worship is the worship of Etro and nothing more. Stop fucking pulling shit out of your ass. There is nothing indicating it was more in depth than what Lightning Returns did with its Etro worship at all, especially when Noctis shrugged off the whole Etro story that Stella was talking about as just being a fairy tale/bedtime story.

"they did bleed though" No they didn't. There is no blood at all coming from the Imperial soldiers in the 2011 Versus trailer just like in the final game. Once again you are making shit up. That blue/black whatever was only shown once the game became XV and was in both the 2013 footage and 2014 footage, 2014 TGS trailer and other footage in 2014 had it which was long after Nomura had left and Tabata had taken over.
I lump the leaks, because they are the same person, he spoke out more after the game came out, and said the game was unfinished, and both leaks detail the development issues except this one goes further, even mentions the Leviathan fight containing interior and exteriors, but the thing didn't run well so it had to be cut down. Even says monster Ardyn got cut, and even talked about the Versus XV thing doubting it's validity, and the last things surrounding Final Fantasy XV are for mobile, so he's obviously not some guy looking for attention.

>And no Tabata was talking about specific region rating affecting it, the only place that does so is China. Lightning Returns still had Etro worship and she is a death goddess in the FF13 universe all the same.
He said countries without any specification. And you do know that Etro was a death goddess, aka the Shinigami that Nomura talked about? Shinigami = death god = reaper. That Shinigami is just Etro, the death god worship is the worship of Etro and nothing more. Stop fucking pulling shit out of your ass. There is nothing indicating it was more in depth than what Lightning Returns did with its Etro worship at all, especially when Noctis shrugged off the whole Etro story that Stella was talking about as just being a fairy tale/bedtime story.

"By the way, in Versus 13 Lucis was set as a country of Reaper worship. This setting is a violation of the age rating criteria for games in some countries, so we cannot push these theme. To replace these theme, we have a backbone setting of “black as a special colour.” And I hope you will wait for more information to come on this.” If the Reaper worship was not more extreme than the stuff in Lightning Returns then these rating concerns wouldn't be an issue, also he said reaper worship, not Etro worship. While Etro is the goddess of death, he specifically says Reaper worship so this .http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Reaper_(entity)#Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII. Not the Etro worship you see in Lightning Returns hell that's probably the reason the Grim Reaper was holding Etro's painting, and the wiki confirms it's the Grim Reaper worship not Etro worship, that had to be toned down/removed from the game because of rating concerns.

>hey did bleed though" No they didn't. There is no blood at all coming from the Imperial soldiers in the 2011 Versus trailer just like in the final game. Once again you are making shit up. That blue/black whatever was only shown once the game became XV and was in both the 2013 footage and 2014 footage, 2014 TGS trailer and other footage in 2014 had it which was long after Nomura had left and Tabata had taken over.
In the 2011 Trailer when you defeated them they blew up blue, and black blood they weren't humans, they were pretty much robots. If you want evidence of bleeding monsters that isn't the case in FFXV Behemoth, that monster actually bled in the Versus XIII trailers. When attacking the face it would bleed, and the blood was red, in the Duscae demo it changed to purple, and the in the final game they toned it down even more.

You did have monsters that bled blue and black, just not magitek infantry.

Magitek exploding into blue and black.

Hell in the game right now they toned down the blood for the Behemoth
He's slashing at the Behemoth's face, there was more blood in the 2010 Trailer.

Also if the first trailer is anything go on, along with the 2010-2011 gameplay trailer, they were going for something darker than what XV is currently, especially since the REAPER worship was removed.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
And how would you know that's the same person? Maybe it was me, for all you know: did he provide proof that he was the same guy (honestly asking so that I don't look bad)? 4chan is literally the easiest place to go when you're bored, spout bullshit and leave. Unless you provide proof that it's indeed the same guy, you're most likely trusting him/her just because it fits your narrative.

It's like Ilazy with all the previous leaks before the game launched: he trusted this game so blindly that he didn't believe any damaging argument or piece of news, immediatly dismissing them and perpetuating that this was just like Versus and that Tabata was just finishing the job when it was pretty damn clear it wasn't like that at all (now, the degree of how much of Tabata's XV respects Nomura's is a whole different question).

PS: I don't know if they're true or not and don't really care as it seems that it can't be proved as of now, but I have to admit that I actually like the sound of it. Or some concepts, like the whole Stella thing and the game's focus on dreams and hallucinations.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
And how would you know that's the same person? Maybe it was me, for all you know: did he provide proof that he was the same guy (honestly asking so that I don't look bad)? 4chan is literally the easiest place to go when you're bored, spout bullshit and leave. Unless you provide proof that it's indeed the same guy, you're most likely trusting him/her just because it fits your narrative.

It's like Ilazy with all the previous leaks before the game launched: he trusted this game so blindly that he didn't believe any damaging argument or piece of news, immediatly dismissing them and perpetuating that this was just like Versus and that Tabata was just finishing the job when it was pretty damn clear it wasn't like that at all (now, the degree of how much of Tabata's XV respects Nomura's is a whole different question).

PS: I don't know if they're true or not and don't really care as it seems that it can't be proved as of now, but I have to admit that I actually like the sound of it. Or some concepts, like the whole Stella thing and the game's focus on dreams and hallucinations.
I believe it is the same guy or someone in development of the game because of stuff like this
"The game had to be released before this year ended period. It was a contract thing and that was set in stone before development with the new director started. That's why the last months of working in the game were painful (and I could not imagine how July-October were for my mates)."

"Sort of. Last year the game story got rewritten because fans kept asking to play as Gladiolus, Ignis and Prompto so they had to insert playable chapters for those characters into the narrative, but since we didn't have time to work on them, the decision to release them as downloads were made from the get go. " This

"Scenes that featured Luna got cut because they were considered to be problematic." I can whole heartedly believe this

"I don't know about this Versus XV thing but I highly doubt it's true. The only games being developed around FF15 are for mobile last time I heard, so it might be one of them, but like I said, I highly doubt it." This Tornak if It was because it fit a narrative I was making then you know what, I wouldn't believe that this guy was the real deal either, because that would give more credence to Versus XV being not true than being true.

Also if I remember clearly he was forced to remove his post in June, so I'm guessing he waited till Nov-Dec to post the rest.

Yes I'm aware you can post BS on 4chan, but with stuff being true surrounding the development (FFXV being FF's last chance), as well as the story stuff, as well as the unfinished levels that people can glitch into, with collision detection, with enemies actually being in these unfinished levels. It makes these leaks incredibly hard not to believe. When there is actual grounds in reality for them. As well as the dreams and hallucination stuff being in XV, just alternated, hell that stuff is in the Omen trailer. Ardyn being the reasons the crystals were disappearing, Iedolas saying the Lucian Crystal was the only Crystal left to this world in Final Fantasy XV 2013.

Last edited:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I believe it is the same guy or someone in development of the game because of stuff like this
"The game had to be released before this year ended period. It was a contract thing and that was set in stone before development with the new director started. That's why the last months of working in the game were painful (and I could not imagine how July-October were for my mates)."

"Sort of. Last year the game story got rewritten because fans kept asking to play as Gladiolus, Ignis and Prompto so they had to insert playable chapters for those characters into the narrative, but since we didn't have time to work on them, the decision to release them as downloads were made from the get go. " This

"Scenes that featured Luna got cut because they were considered to be problematic." I can whole heartedly believe this

"I don't know about this Versus XV thing but I highly doubt it's true. The only games being developed around FF15 are for mobile last time I heard, so it might be one of them, but like I said, I highly doubt it." This Tornak if It was because it fit a narrative I was making then you know what, I wouldn't believe that this guy was the real deal either.
Oh, ok, I remember reading the thread when it came out, but have forgotten about some stuff he/she said, apparently.

Still, that's no proof whatsoever and it's something a person that is knowledgable enough in this game's history could guess or make up (to the point where I can, too, see some Luna's scenes getting cut because of how it would portray her as a weaker character or something like that).

Anyways, I actually think all of this speculation is interesting (the Versus XV thing being real, though? No way I believe something like that will happen, much less so soon). Things constantly get cut and changed in game's development, but this one is a special case not only due to the sheer amount of changes, but also because of how public and notorious those were (10 years make a big fucking difference).

I wonder if S-E would have cancelled Versus had they not announced it prematurely. I know I wouldn't have mind, considering that XV is a game that I quite liked, but still found dissapointing in many (important) things and certainly not worthy of ten years of stupid wait.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Oh, ok, I remember reading the thread when it came out, but have forgotten about some stuff he/she said, apparently.

Still, that's no proof whatsoever and it's something a person that is knowledgable enough in this game's history could guess or make up (to the point where I can, too, see some Luna's scenes getting cut because of how it would portray her as a weaker character or something like that).

Anyways, I actually think all of this speculation is interesting (the Versus XV thing being real, though? No way I believe something like that will happen, much less so soon). Things constantly get cut and changed in game's development, but this one is a special case not only due to the sheer amount of changes, but also because of how public and notorious those were (10 years make a big fucking difference).

I wonder if S-E would have cancelled Versus had they not announced it prematurely. I know I wouldn't have mind, considering that XV is a game that I quite liked, but still found dissapointing in many (important) things and certainly not worthy of ten years of stupid wait.
He also mentions Chaos being one of the gods, and his throne is in FFXV, along side the Versus XIII Noctis that's in the assets of the game, why those close were concept, they didn't test with them, the final clothing design was in 2010 we saw it. The entire story was finished then, until it got changed in 2011 possibly to make Versus XIII to FFXV. So yeah I would say that's enough for me to go yeah it's pretty plausible that this person knows what he is talking about, because if he wasn't then he would have said oh yeah Versus XV is true my mates told me it's being announced this E3. The Luna scenes were cut because of SJW fear

Also when you say this
"The game had to be released before this year ended period. It was a contract thing and that was set in stone before development with the new director started. That's why the last months of working in the game were painful (and I could not imagine how July-October were for my mates)" Yeah it kinda leads me to believe that this person would know something on the development. Why on earth would someone who had no knowledge in development would say this, if they had no knowledge whatsoever they could have simply said Square rushed the game to get it out, it was getting to expensive for them. Just that would have been a plausible reason, but no he specifically said contractual, he doesn't outright bash Square Enix, If this leaker had no clue of what he was talking about he would have simply said Square was tired of the game being in waiting, so they decided 2016 was the definite release date, while script changes were still happening.

Last edited:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Not really arguing against or for it, but is this your first leak? Taking reality (especially a well known one if you're interested in the product) and then making specific (but not too specific), realistic (so that it sounds plausible and not outlandish) assumptions is not that hard, huh? It's leaks 101 (also, had he talked about Versus XV being real and releasing this decade, we would already know that he's lying Kappa).

Again, no proof whatsoever. And again, not dismissing his words or your inclination to believe them, just not trusting something that lacks solid demonstration of truth and needs faith more than anything (for what is worth, I could see that guy being in the know. But as of now, it's silly to argue about such thing, even if it's fun).

The problem comes from taking those as facts. They're not facts, at least not now!

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Not really arguing against or for it, but is this your first leak? Taking reality (especially a well known one if you're interested in the product) and then making specific (but not too specific), realistic (so that it sounds plausible and not outlandish) assumptions is not that hard, huh? It's leaks 101 (also, had he talked about Versus XV being real and releasing this decade, we would already know that he's lying Kappa).

Again, no proof whatsoever. And again, not dismissing his words or your belief in them, just not trusting something that lacks solid demonstration of truth and needs faith more than anything (for what is worth, I could see that guy being in the know. But as of now, it's silly to argue about such thing, even if it's fun).
The leaker didn't need to talk about Versus XV period, thing about this guy is that when he doesn't know the information, he would outright say doesn't know, or never heard of it, he himself even says he doesn't know much about the original Versus story just details given to him by his friends. I wouldn't call it faith, just looking at the game right now, makes this leaker seem plausible.

The leaker though I very much do believe is the June one, the one that leaked Trial of Titan, and the one that leaked the entire plot of FFXV, as well as if FFXV didn't do good, XVI wouldn't happen.
Which I find very strange that they would admit to that, you would think they wouldn't want to give anymore credence to the guy that blew your entire development, but whatever Square will be Square.

However my point was until this dicussion happened was about FF Versus XIII originally being darker than what FFXV is right now, and just looking at the first trailer bares this out, hell even the 2010 Trailer.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
The leaker didn't need to talk about Versus XV period, thing about this guy is that when he doesn't know the information, he would outright say doesn't know, or never heard of it, he himself even says he doesn't know much about the original Versus story just details given to him by his friends. I wouldn't call it faith, just looking at the game right now, makes this leaker seem plausible.

The leaker though I very much do believe is the June one, the one that leaked Trial of Titan, and the one that leaked the entire plot of FFXV, as well as if FFXV didn't do good, XVI wouldn't happen.
Which I find very strange that they would admit to that, you would think they wouldn't want to give anymore credence to the guy that blew your entire development, but whatever Square will be Square.
I don't know man, but that's precisely what a person that wants to be taken seriously would do: present him/herself as knowledgeable in things he's interested while admitting he doesn't know about other things. I mean, a person who's been working for a few months in such a company wouldnt' know everything about it, right? That's believable and sorta relatable.

And yeah, the other guy was in the know, clearly (I think he got some things wrong, but that might have been due to the game still being in development -things change-, being fed dubious information in between real one, being "only" a game tester, or whatever).

Anyways, the whole Stella plot fits the XV 2013 trailer with Noctis and her as children. But you could easily make that up so that it fits. Still, what I remember reading of that guy was something that I actually found interesting. at least conceptually: I mean, at the end of the day it all depends on execution (and Nomura and Nojima can be atrocious when it comes to that), but it's definitively interesting.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
I lump the leaks, because they are the same person, he spoke out more after the game came out, and said the game was unfinished, and both leaks detail the development issues except this one goes further, even mentions the Leviathan fight containing interior and exteriors, but the thing didn't run well so it had to be cut down. Even says monster Ardyn got cut, and even talked about the Versus XV thing doubting it's validity, and the last things surrounding Final Fantasy XV are for mobile, so he's obviously not some guy looking for attention.

>And no Tabata was talking about specific region rating affecting it, the only place that does so is China. Lightning Returns still had Etro worship and she is a death goddess in the FF13 universe all the same.
He said countries without any specification. And you do know that Etro was a death goddess, aka the Shinigami that Nomura talked about? Shinigami = death god = reaper. That Shinigami is just Etro, the death god worship is the worship of Etro and nothing more. Stop fucking pulling shit out of your ass. There is nothing indicating it was more in depth than what Lightning Returns did with its Etro worship at all, especially when Noctis shrugged off the whole Etro story that Stella was talking about as just being a fairy tale/bedtime story.

"By the way, in Versus 13 Lucis was set as a country of Reaper worship. This setting is a violation of the age rating criteria for games in some countries, so we cannot push these theme. To replace these theme, we have a backbone setting of “black as a special colour.” And I hope you will wait for more information to come on this.” If the Reaper worship was not more extreme than the stuff in Lightning Returns then these rating concerns wouldn't be an issue, also he said reaper worship, not Etro worship. While Etro is the goddess of death, he specifically says Reaper worship so this .http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Reaper_(entity)#Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII. Not the Etro worship you see in Lightning Returns hell that's probably the reason the Grim Reaper was holding Etro's painting, and the wiki confirms it's the Grim Reaper worship not Etro worship, that had to be toned down/removed from the game because of rating concerns.

>hey did bleed though" No they didn't. There is no blood at all coming from the Imperial soldiers in the 2011 Versus trailer just like in the final game. Once again you are making shit up. That blue/black whatever was only shown once the game became XV and was in both the 2013 footage and 2014 footage, 2014 TGS trailer and other footage in 2014 had it which was long after Nomura had left and Tabata had taken over.
In the 2011 Trailer when you defeated them they blew up blue, and black blood they weren't humans, they were pretty much robots. If you want evidence of bleeding monsters that isn't the case in FFXV Behemoth, that monster actually bled in the Versus XIII trailers. When attacking the face it would bleed, and the blood was red, in the Duscae demo it changed to purple, and the in the final game they toned it down even more.

You did have monsters that bled blue and black, just not magitek infantry.

Magitek exploding into blue and black.

Hell in the game right now they toned down the blood for the Behemoth
He's slashing at the Behemoth's face, there was more blood in the 2010 Trailer.

Also if the first trailer is anything go on, along with the 2010-2011 gameplay trailer, they were going for something darker than what XV is currently, especially since the REAPER worship was removed.
>I lump the leaks, because they are the same person
Stopped reading right there.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Why trusting a "leak" that relies on good faith over solid proof?
You mean the proof that is this game? All that unfinished content, entire areas with enemies in them are unfinished.

"When I was told that a certain level (snowy area with Shiva statue) was going to get deleted anyway after working on it for weeks nonstop and then having to work on a bootleg version for that level." The area with Shiva statue is actually explorable, with collision and everything.

"The game IS unfinished. The game was delayed because the team felt like it would get destroyed by critics if released in the state it was in July and it was a last minute decision to delay it."
The game had to be released before this year ended period. It was a contract thing and that was set in stone before development with the new director started. They couldn't have though that it wouldn't have been a good idea to delay the game to 2017, I mean the game got 2 year delay from the original release date 2014.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Fine either same person, or someone that knows development either or doesn't matter. They all seem plausible, if not outright true.

Ie. 2016 being the must be year for XV to come out, because of contract reasons.
I honestly cannot believe how fucking stupid you are. You are literally just believing random shit from /v/ because it fits your narrative, things anyone who has been following the game could easily spout. Just like Shuya did earlier in the thread. If that was posted on /v/ you would be gushing over that going "OMG VERSUS XV IS REAL SEE THE PROOF IT WAS ON 4CHAN SO ITS REAL ITS THE SAME GUY PLS BELIEB ME". You're a joke just like all these Versus XV rumors are.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I honestly cannot believe how fucking stupid you are. You are literally just believing random shit from /v/ because it fits your narrative, things anyone who has been following the game could easily spout. Just like Shuya did earlier in the thread. If that was posted on /v/ you would be gushing over that going "OMG VERSUS XV IS REAL SEE THE PROOF IT WAS ON 4CHAN SO ITS REAL ITS THE SAME GUY PLS BELIEB ME". You're a joke just like all these Versus XV rumors are.
Fits my narrative buddy if I had a narrative to begin with

I don't know about this Versus XV thing but I highly doubt it's true. The only games being developed around FF15 are for mobile last time I heard, so it might be one of them, but like I said, I highly doubt it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323493
'THIS WOULDN'T BE A PART OF IT.

Also what in the blue blazes does information, that seems plausible considering the game came out, and the areas complete areas with enemies in them.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
You mean the proof that is this game? All that unfinished content, entire areas with enemies in them are unfinished.

"When I was told that a certain level (snowy area with Shiva statue) was going to get deleted anyway after working on it for weeks nonstop and then having to work on a bootleg version for that level." The area with Shiva statue is actually explorable, with collision and everything.

"The game IS unfinished. The game was delayed because the team felt like it would get destroyed by critics if released in the state it was in July and it was a last minute decision to delay it."
The game had to be released before this year ended period. It was a contract thing and that was set in stone before development with the new director started. They couldn't have though that it wouldn't have been a good idea to delay the game to 2017, I mean the game got 2 year delay from the original release date 2014.
Unfinished area/content that´s only accesible via glitching doesn not mean the game being unfinished, that´s no different from other games having semi-finished content that went unused. It´s possible that certain content not making the final cut can be attribute to not the team lacking time but simply them arriving to the conclusion that said content was meaningless in the overall experience and thus decided to dump it.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Fits my narrative buddy if I had a narrative to begin with

I don't know about this Versus XV thing but I highly doubt it's true. The only games being developed around FF15 are for mobile last time I heard, so it might be one of them, but like I said, I highly doubt it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323493
'THIS WOULDN'T BE A PART OF IT.
You know that the mobile XV game was announced before XV was out right? Jesus fucking christ.
http://gematsu.com/2016/11/final-fa...ke-developer-machine-zone#SxWUsCO8ocqCKxUV.99

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Unfinished area/content that´s only accesible via glitching doesn not mean the game being unfinished, that´s no different from other games having semi-finished content that went unused. It´s possible that certain content not making the final cut can be attribute to not the team lacking time but simply them arriving to the conclusion that said content was meaningless in the overall experience and thus decided to dump it.
The game is unfinished in more ways than just the areas.