Final Fantasy Versus XV Megathread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
I don't know about this Versus XV thing but I highly doubt it's true.
THIS WOULDN'T BE APART OF IT.
And yet here you are shilling Versus XV, why are you clinging to Versus XV when the very "leak" you are clinging to claims to have no knowledge about it?

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
And yet here you are shilling Versus XV, why are you clinging to Versus XV when the very "leak" you are clinging to claims to have no knowledge about it?

Ok Bazztek let me spell it out for you if I actually had some sort of narrative about Versus XV being true, I wouldn't base anything off of something that could disprove it. I want it to be true, so therefore if I had a narrative about Versus XV being real guys this wouldn't be apart of it.

Which if I had one it would just Versus XIII was different than FFXV , and some of the important elements from it were scrapped ie. Noct's near death experience being the reason for his eyes that see expiring souls(which was a death prediction, they even used that in the marketing, when in Versus it was suppose to be central to the plot), then there is Clarus, and Ravus being drastically changed, and the actual leak you know the one that was right about the plot, yeah, that one. Not to mention the things in the guidebook not matching up to the game and that guidebook has Versus info in it. What a disaster.

You know it being a trilogy

To avoid shipping Final Fantasy XV as multiple games, the team decided to make the story a multimedia property.
"It's an idea that evolved over time," Tabata says. "That being said, initially, I did have an idea of this sort in my mind. Nozue-san joined Business Division 2, and as we communicated and discussed things, Kingsglaive started to formulate. Brotherhood, the anime, is something that we started to develop in discussion with [Akio] Ofuji-san, the producer. Since Ofuji-san is the marketing producer on Final Fantasy as well, those types of discussions started to really develop. The idea was there from the get go, but all these projects really developed over time."

"The initial starting point [for Kingsglaive] was when we had the idea to really complete Final Fantasy XV within one installment, and restructure everything and optimize it so it would be a story that's told within that one installment," Nozue adds. "We really focused on Final Fantasy XV's main game being from Noctis' perspective, about his kingdom and taking it back, and his growth as a king. When we had that discussion, we felt that it would be best to separate out the story of Regis and make it its own independent piece."
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/15-new-things-we-learned-from-final-fantasy-15s-di/1100-6436138/
Yes I'm aware KG was a thing in 2013, but I will maintain it was going to be different.

For XV they probably kept the surface parts of XV roadtrip, bonding, then left out other elements that were shown thus important. Etro, Stella, that near-death experience, the Yakuza elements for the Lucian family, the eyes that see expiring souls which was a death predictor "https://twitter.com/FinalXV/status/766012517818785792", and the Reaper Worship.

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

Ok Bazztek let me spell it out for you if I actually had some sort of narrative about Versus XV being true, I wouldn't base anything off of something that could disprove it.
Oh and I'm sure APzonerunner made this thread because of all those other people clamoring for Versus XV, and not because of you and llazy77 derailing other threads with your delusions and literal rumors that you keep pretending are fact.

And it's hilarious seeing you deny that you've been clamoring for Versus XV now.

Just on your profile posts you can find you doing just that. http://www.mognetcentral.com/members/hey-everyone.3409/#profile-post-1117

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Oh and I'm sure APzonerunner made this thread because of all those other people clamoring for Versus XV, and not because of you and llazy77 derailing other threads with your delusions and literal rumors that you keep pretending are fact.

And it's hilarious seeing you deny that you've been clamoring for Versus XV now.

Just on your profile posts you can find you doing just that. http://www.mognetcentral.com/members/hey-everyone.3409/#profile-post-1117
k Bazztek let me spell it out for you if I actually had some sort of narrative about Versus XV being true, I wouldn't base anything off of something that could disprove it. I want it to be true, so therefore if I had a narrative about Versus XV being real guys this wouldn't be apart of it.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
The biggest irony that lead to the creation of this tread is how certain individuals are being the opposite of what one of the major themes of XV which is "reality". It's very easy to cling to rumors because they aren't fleshed out 100% for some people. They are still a concept...a concept that can be filled with headcanon thoughts to make it appear better than what may actually be. Was this not done with Stella in the past, even though there was very little information to work with? Hell, we didn't even know how often the character would be around.

It's difficult to insert headcanon onto reality, because reality in itself will almost always provide enough evidence to debunk outlandish headcanon. It's okay to speculate and theorize what ifs, but those aspects should never take over the critical thinking process.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I honestly cannot believe how fucking stupid you are. You are literally just believing random shit from /v/ because it fits your narrative, things anyone who has been following the game could easily spout. Just like Shuya did earlier in the thread. If that was posted on /v/ you would be gushing over that going "OMG VERSUS XV IS REAL SEE THE PROOF IT WAS ON 4CHAN SO ITS REAL ITS THE SAME GUY PLS BELIEB ME". You're a joke just like all these Versus XV rumors are.
You'd think that some people would have also gotten the hint that the Versus XV idiot also lied about VII:Remake appearing in PSX 2016 (which that thread was made before the event). Then again Versus XIII shills aren't known to be reasonable individuals who aren't a slave to their dense delusions.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
I got some new leaks. As per my job, I was working between game devs when I got in touch a liaison from SE. Talking to said liaison (unnamed), I got some insight on the future of SE's project. Ignoring everything else and focusing on topic, "World of Versus" as it is named is a massive expansion that is currently under pre-production.

This expansion is planned to be released after the multiplayer mode that will complement the additional content. The expansion is said to upgrade the game as a whole, which will include a new opening sequence involving the Insomnia invasion.

The maps will also be enhanced. With Leide and Duscae having more of it's unused space unlocked, with new dungeons and content. Other areas will also be expanded.

Flashback sequences involving other characters will be included where you can find out more of the motives outside of Noct's perspective.

The 4 main characters will also become fully playable from the get go.

The history of each character will also be further enhanced through flashbacks etc.

Insomnia will also be greatly expanded. Surviving civilians/hunters and Kingsglaive members are scattered throughout the city and the world and you are tasked to reassemble the glaives and recruit more. Some will give you unique quests. This part coincides with the multiplayer part as you will be playing as the newly formed KG. You can recruit them PT members in the game, but that will work as the avatar system where you can create your own.

Tenebrae will be explorable, but Tenebrae has actually been destroyed by the Empire to get rid of all loose ends. You can help the remaining survivors here and recruit them. You will also be able to visit certain locations such as Luna's room to find secret backstories.

During the time skip period the game will divide into four sections. Each chocobro will get a segment, with Noctis going through a nightmarish dream sequence. And the rest of the party goes through individual trials to become stronger.

The train sequence will be expanded with new open areas that can be explored. A small section of the Solheim ruins can be discovered, with some insight on how the city was destroyed. You can also visit Nyx's hometown, but it will not be what you may expect.

There is more, but this was all I got.

Source
LTTP here, but this news is exciting and amazing! Someone here may actually work in the games industry! (At the very least, it's far more plausible than the World of Versus synopsis -- well-done BTW, though the point seems to be lost on some.)

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Reading from left to right, top to bottom, I thought this was real... until I kept on reading.

I'll admit this made me chuckle quite a bit.

You had me at "Tabata revealed to be Izunia. Ardyn attempts to warn the public".

As if Ardyn would be the good samaritan and warn the public about anything xD

Izunia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 13, 2017
Reading from left to right, top to bottom, I thought this was real... until I kept on reading.

You had me at "Tabata revealed to be Izunia. Ardyn attempts to warn the public".

I even had a more hilariously convoluted version that involved Arnold being sent back as a Magitek unit to assassinate Tabata, but I couldn't stop cracking up while writing the rest.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown

Well Izunia is technically a bad guy, I mean Ardyn didn't do bad until the Astrals fucked him over.
I even had a more hilariously convoluted version that involved Arnold being sent back as a Magitek unit to assassinate Tabata, but I couldn't stop cracking up while writing the rest.
Write it, come on let that Nomura convolution flow through you.

Izunia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 13, 2017
Just to be clear, even though I'm just kidding and having fun, I 100% support Versus in every possible way. For all the fans out there who still wish to see it become a reality one day (which it probably will), I salute you.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Just to be clear, even though I'm just kidding and having fun, I 100% support Versus in every possible way. For all the fans out there who still wish to see it become a reality one day (which it probably will), I salute you.
Given Nomura's work pacing, I'd doubt it.