1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy Versus XV?!?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Jubileus, Dec 1, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

The Real Reborn engine is like a relation to Luminous due to similar structure, but they don't share technology. I think they didn't want to take that chance after the game was effectively broken through the use of Crystal Tools.

2. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

3. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

4. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand dropped.

LeonBlade likes this.
  5. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

6. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

Why would they make stuff up and post all that, I think the stuff nomura said in interviews was changed or not implemented yet at the time of this script.

7. Ikkin

Ikkin ShinRa SOLDIER

Because there's a certain type of person who loves posting fake crud the internet for some reason. >_>;

LeonBlade and Jubileus like this.
  8. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

Is that a serious question?

BladeRunner, Nova, LeonBlade and 3 others like this.
  9. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

20161218_102518.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Storm and Jenova like this.
  10. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

Personally, I wouldn't be averse to them creating a sequel at some point, which delved deeper into the lore and brought in a female main protagonist. As a companion... an old and burdened Gladiolus would be ideal...

Bionicle8563 likes this.
  11. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

12. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

i think a versus xv would create more confusion

13. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

@Ilazy

Square Enix skipped attending PSX days before that anon even made that post about VII:R, going by publisher/dev attendees listed. You don't present info while sinkig your credibility at the same time with something as blatantly false as that during the release date of the game.

14. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

Interesting.

However in terms of priorities it would make far more sense to complete FFXV.

That is a far more pressing and realistic goal to set for the team than a brand new project.

Finish what you start before starting something new I say.

SonOfEtro and Storm like this.
  15. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

lol guys stop it. The "XV Versus" rumor is probably the dumbest thing I've heard in quite some time.

There's absolutely no way, 0% chance, that Square is gonna do sth. like that.

Storm likes this.
  16. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

I believe it may have been discussed at Square-Enix at some point. I highly doubt it will see the light of day, however. It just doesn't make any sense. Especially when the existing development team has been adamant about perfecting the current version of XV to the best of their abilities. Let's not also forget that Square-Enix is likely spread thin with VIII:R and Kingdom Hearts III. This Versus XV just doesn't make any sense to pursue from where the company is at in this current place and time. Plus, I would rather Square-Enix move on to something new and fresh. We've all been invested in this game for far too long. It's time for the fans and the company to move forward into modern frontiers.

SonOfEtro likes this.
  17. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

18. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

That tells nothing, he said the burning passion was just like what he felt when making KH1. Its more about KH3 itself.

Cut off the decietful display.

LeonBlade, Jubileus and Storm like this.
  19. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

lol

“If I had to pick, I am a person more on the dark side like Xehanort and co., I harness the burning anger in my heart into what I create,” the developer wrote, according to SqEx.info‘s translation.

the way he says here implies it's how it goes all the time when developing a game, not that this was a thing of the moment.
    there's ppl that uses anger as a form of motivation, maybe he was pissed off about versus but this here says nothing, he knows more than anyone here that changes in developments happens.

20. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

Direct quote from the article.

When I think about it, I had an explosive mindset when I made the first Kingdom Hearts as well.

Thus when I look back at all the material, I feel that fever again."

This article, in particular the headline, is a very good example of the media purposely wording things to make people think a certain way about a situation. In other words, the article is trying to manipulate people's thoughts and opinions regarding the issue at hand.

The headline is trying to make people talk about Tabata vs Nomura, but in the article he's talking about his mindset when directing games.

Also look at the timing of the article. The media knows that FFXV is still a hot topic, they know about Nomura being kicked off the project, and they know about fans feuding over "Tabata vs Nomura".

They've capitalised on all these factors and saw the opportunity to draw clicks to their website. It doesn't take a genius to see this unless you're intentionally deluding yourself to seeing only what you want to see. Try being objective.

Also that closing sentence says it's all... I mean why even mention that unless you wanna cause shit?

Media outlets have been stirring trouble, spreading false information and trying to cause shit since forever.

I think it's time for people to learn not to always believe everything the media says as fact and truth.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    Nova likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!