Final Fantasy VI on IOS/ Square Enix support group.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
You mean about the VI news?
To be honest I would prefer a full remake of VI even as a handheld game, like IV and III for DS, which were so damn beautiful. As for VII I hope they won't make a mobile version of it. I like it they way it is...

They toned down the difficulty so players won't have to grind anymore...even though grinding was never really an imperative necessity in the game? Right, of course. I know it's a mobile game, and simplifying the experience does actually make some sense, but still, why? They haven't done that with the preceding releases, to my knowledge.

I've seen this coming from too far away, and with so little passion anymore that this has no reason to make me hyperventilate. Not even close. I just feel a bit resigned. Apathetic. The world goes on. Square's biggest moneymaking pool is in mobile. They clearly know that. They're clearly embracing it. They're content with minimalising effort for maximum gain, even if it looks like FFV and FFVI have been thoughtlessly shafted. Fans have to accept that.

Now, if FFVII is ever "remade" for mobile, half the internet will certainly burn.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
If only they were decent remakes, without those unprofessional-looking font types, awful sprites, and awful textures that make the game look cheaply made. Give me the GBA remake with the original music (and a lower price tag) and I'm happy. I want my pixels back.

Dollow

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
dollowrlance.blogspot.com
I saw this coming a mile away, and I am not shocked by it. I don't see as a bad thing but I am not hyped about, I am a bit in the middle as this is the way things are in Japan and to a point here in the States.

I went into a dinner at the time when families were coming in, and a lot of the kids had iPad/iPhones & other Tablets. I think we need to get this down at this moment, we are not the trend setters and much as the kids are and they play on Tablets.

But you guys feel bad about this news then don't buy them, that is the only thing you have control over.

I going to kick back and relax as I see everyone crap their pants when FFVII is put on Tablets.

Last edited:
If only they were decent remakes, without those unprofessional-looking font types, awful sprites, and awful textures that make the game look cheaply made. Give me the GBA remake with the original music (and a lower price tag) and I'm happy. I want my pixels back.
Thats my big issue. The remakes/ports they put on phones are considered the worst versions

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
Straight question - How can they update the sprites without the knee-jerk RPGMaker comparisons? Do 2D sprites need to remain forever-bound to the SNES era?

Does everyone really just want a straight port? I've already paid for this game 3 times - I'm happy for a few new changes.