Final Fantasy VII Announced for PlayStation 4

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
AY LMAO.

The announcement has been a ride. I don't care that much (or at least I though I didn't) about a VII Remake, but my heart was beating pretty hard when the logo appears and a trailer begins.

Seriously, SE is the most stupid and delusional company of the entire industry, a fucking joke. I can't believe Sony has allowed that, the entire audience must be depressed now LOL.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
AY LMAO.

The announcement has been a ride. I don't care that much (or at least I though I didn't) about a VII Remake, but my heart was beating pretty hard when the logo appears and a trailer begins.

Seriously, SE is the most stupid and delusional company of the entire industry, a fucking joke. I can't believe Sony has allowed that, the entire audience must be depressed now LOL.
Explain yourself why a company becomes stupid and delusional for not making a remake of a certain game ?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
AY LMAO.

What are you talking about...?

Explain yourself why a company becomes stupid and delusional for not making a remake of a certain game ?
Exactly.

Honestly, what did you fucking expect, dude? For them to announce a full on remake of this game with Final Fantasy XV not even out or even with a projected release date? How are they "stupid and delusional"? The only delusion is thinking that they would actually announce a full on remake of this game.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
What are you talking about...?

Exactly.

Honestly, what did you fucking expect, dude? For them to announce a full on remake of this game with Final Fantasy XV not even out or even with a projected release date? How are they "stupid and delusional"? The only delusion is thinking that they would actually announce a full on remake of this game.
I didn't mean that at all lol.

I mean that it's stupid coming on the stage in such an (over) hyped event talking about a game that's been rumoured forever to have a remake and not being upfront from the beginning that that was going to be a port of a 20 year old game (which again, would be the logical thing).

There's nothing wrong with that, but it's a pretty silly move on my opinion, it would only fuel people to mock them and get mad at them for something they believed for a second, as far-fetched as that might be.

Or maybe I was a bit distracted and they did say that (especially with Hashimoto's broken English), I was studying at the same time, so :/

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

I mean that it's stupid coming on the stage in such an (over) hyped event talking about a game that's been rumoured forever to have a remake and not being upfront from the beginning that that was going to be a port of a 20 year old game (which again, would be the logical thing).

There's nothing wrong with that, but it's a pretty silly move on my opinion, it would only fuel people to mock them and get mad at them for something they believed for a second, as far-fetched as that might be.

I mean, I don't really care about the remake and certainly wasn't expecting it (some people were, surprisingly), but that's only going to further get people mad after so many stupid moves on their part.
I see what you mean, sorry if I sounded like I was coming off strong.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina

I mean, I don't really care about the remake and certainly wasn't expecting it (some people were, surprisingly), but that's only going to further get people mad after so many stupid moves on their part.

Or maybe I was a bit distracted and they did say that, I was studying at the same time, so :/
The stupid move is jumping to conclution in an instant(the consumers), not some much from SE.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I see what you mean, sorry if I sounded like I was coming off strong.
Not at all, I understand that I was being a little ambiguous rereading the original post :)

The stupid move is jumping to conclution in an instant(the consumers), not some much from SE.
Sure, not denying that. That's why I said what I said: SE should have planned this better because of the potential and underserved (because they didn't promise anything and people were overhyping this thing) backslash and especially mocking.

But again, it's something silly, I just found it very fun that poor Hashimoto is always involved in these things lol.

Now, regarding the topic itself, I guess it means that VIII and IX are also coming to PS4 sometime in the future, which is pretty nice. A shame I cannot longer play these games on a console, I need a handheld.

Still waiting for that game the CEO talked about, Jump Festa I guess (since he said it was not a remake, I suppose he considers the VII port a remake of some sort).

Nikolasvanitas

Chocobo Knight
Sep 27, 2013
Greece
www.youtube.com
Really the fact that their only announcement was just a port of FFVII for PS4 is stupid,they shouldnt have even gone on stage
Also SE knows how much people want an HD remake of FFVII more than any other FF,they arent stypid and the way they tried to hype the announcement of the port was pure trolling
They could have shown more info about FF XV instead of trolling their fans

Guys with all due respect dont try to defend them,they have Marketing teams that gather info from social media and know what their fans are asking for years(remember Wada adressing FF Versus being cancelled)
This was just a cheap trick and in my opinion it would have been better if they had shown some FF XV footage instead

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Really the fact that their only announcement was just a port of FFVII for PS4 is stupid,they shouldnt have even gone on stage
Also SE knows how much people want an HD remake of FFVII more than any other FF,they arent stypid and the way they tried to hype the announcement of the port was pure trolling
They could have shown more info about FF XV instead of trolling their fans

Guys with all due respect dont try to defend them,they have Marketing teams that gather info from social media and know what their fans are asking for years(remember Wada adressing FF Versus being cancelled)
This was just a cheap trick and in my opinion it would have been better if they had shown some FF XV footage instead
We're getting XV info in a few weeks, they can't announce XV information at this event, that's Tabata's job in Japan at Jump Festa. I'm actually going to get this, it supports the idea that they can bring these classic games to PS4, I'm hoping for FFXII on PS4 honestly.

Nikolasvanitas

Chocobo Knight
Sep 27, 2013
Greece
www.youtube.com
We're getting XV info in a few weeks, they can't announce XV information at this event, that's Tabata's job in Japan at Jump Festa. I'm actually going to get this, it supports the idea that they can bring these classic games to PS4, I'm hoping for FFXII on PS4 honestly.
I would like to see FF XII on PS4 too and I know that there is new report by Tabata but still SE presence in Sony's event was shamefull,why even go on stage if you dont have anything great to show.
Does anyone really feel that a port of FFVII for PS4 is that amazing?
Why not show some of those amazing FF XV trailers you have already shown and add some extra seconds of footage?
Why not announce any new info for FF XV on other public events?They need all the media exposure they can get

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I think this was kinda low, how can you blame the fans for getting excited when they would show something as dull as a port of a port at a big event? I guess you could say people got to excited though considering the whole event was just indie galore so we shouldn't have expected anything that big to be shown....

Masterful execution.

Flawless, absolutely flawless.

This isn't smart trolling like Kojima's style, but this was a "go big or go home" troll and they effortlessly knocked it out of the park. This is easily the best part of an otherwise flat first day of a keynote along with Nathan Drake falling through the world Assassin's Creed style.

I was personally confused when he came up. I refused to believe they were making a remake, let alone about to announce one, so I was sitting through that trailer waiting for a punchline all the way through. Until it hit me when it ended. That whole thing was the punchline.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I actually believe this is pretty filthy behaviour from both SE and Sony. I never expect SE to come on-stage to announce things people want these days, and nor do I ever expect them to announce a remake of FF7 any time soon, but I am not ashamed to admit I was tricked by what they were initially saying and began showing.

Yes, I genuinely believed that what they were trying to announce was an FF7 remake, only for the reality to be quite different.

I think this has gone beyond a joke now. This was shockingly terrible. What on earth made Sony agree to going ahead and giving stage presence to this announcement, knowing damn well what fans really want and would have been thinking when first seeing it? Both parties should take the blame here, and while I do indeed see the trolly nature of it all - typical SE, etc - this sort of thing is too much, and should not be the kind of thing happening on-stage at big events. This is the kind of shit that makes me really dislike SE. Hosts need to stop giving them stage time to announce fuck all and actually start giving a shit about their fans.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I honestly don't see why it's a big deal... people are really blowing this out of proportion. The only reason this had so much buildup is because Hashimoto tried to speak in all English, if he spoke English well he would have just said it straight out and said that we're putting VII on the PS4 as part of the 20th Anniversary for PlayStation and it would have been that.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
What I find hilarious is SE itself. This wasn't an announcement needed to be made at PSX by Hashimoto himself with so many people watching. So out of touch with fans.