1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Jun 15, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2015.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Death Penalty

Death Penalty Clan Centurio Member

Is this list legit? It doesn't look like an actual news article, just a post on IGN's wiki...
    EDIT: Ah I see this was actually featured on IGN's front page, and that they list all the SE titles as unconfirmed.

2. dissasterrific

dissasterrific fal'Cie Goddess Staff Member Administrator Site Staff

I highly doubt it will make any appearance, maybe at most a mention or a recap... Didn't they say that 2016 is a year of preparation for the game? The way I understood that statement we won't be getting any new material this year.

Death Penalty likes this.
  3. Death Penalty

Death Penalty Clan Centurio Member

I definitely agree. It seems way too soon. I'd expect this E3 to be all about XV with maybe a glimpse of KHIII if I'm being extremely optimistic.

4. RetroPS4

RetroPS4 PSICOM Soldier

That sounds about right, I'd expect we next hear about FFVII around Gamescom or TGS.

Death Penalty likes this.
  5. RetroPS4

RetroPS4 PSICOM Soldier

Appears I was slightly wrong about info timing, there is some new stuff here, courtesy of Game Informer:

I have bolded the parts that seem the most inportant. In all honesty, I hope this project goes well, and I have anticipated it greatly. I almost wonder though if we are in for an even greater train-wreck among the fans than what has occured with Versus/XV. It feels like the greatest irony that the two Final Fantasy projects I am most anticipating might be the most devisive to the fans :p

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    LeonBlade likes this.
  6. Chocobocoholic

Chocobocoholic Yevonite

I'm glad the multi-part stuff has been cleared up. When the FFVII Remake was first announced as being "Episodic" I was really confused as to how that would pan out, but now we have it straight from the horses mouth that "each part will be a full sized game". Personally I'm hoping for no more than two parts but if there are three then, well, I'm buying them all.

I'm really interested to see where they go with this. Also I agree with Kitase completely about the game needing to "surprise" people. If I'm spending a whole bunch of cash then I want a "new" FFVII experience. If I want to play FFVII, I'll just play FFVII. Like you say Retro, it'll be a very divisive game. People will cry - some with tears of joy, and some with anguish and disappointment, but personally I'm really looking forward to it.

RetroPS4 likes this.
  7. Rogue-Tomato

Rogue-Tomato Yevonite

I'm happy about the ''full size'' game bit too. I was a little worried that there would be 10 or 15 ''episodes'' which would completely ruin the magic for me.

I think it'll be a 3 part series.

I think for the first part we will have the FF7 main story as we know it, but with a lot more depth and side stories etc. I can't imagine them bringing out the first part of the series without it being the full game (from bombing mission to end game crater). I think one of the games will be the whole Advent Children story - And I am not sure what the 3rd one may be.

8. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

They're dividing up the main story into several parts.

9. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

10. RetroPS4

RetroPS4 PSICOM Soldier

11. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

I feel like they are going to save late 2017 for kingdom hearts 3 then 2018 for ffvii episode 1, 2019 for episode 2 and 2020 for episode 3 and then maybe ffxvi for 2021

12. RetroPS4

RetroPS4 PSICOM Soldier

The 20 year anniversery of VII is 2017, I think they made it episodic partially so they can take advantage of that by at least releasing Chapter 1 (Midgar)....

13. NemesisSP

NemesisSP Yevonite

It does make a fair amount of sense to do it that way.

14. Chocobocoholic

Chocobocoholic Yevonite

TGS is less than two week before FFXV releases so they might opt not to show it there, as Square Enix will be going for one last big push to sell FFXV. Maybe they will team up with Sony for a FFVII Remake showing at PlayStation Experience in December. My guess is that FFXII: The Zodiac Age will release with a demo for the FFVII Remake to boost sales, just like Type-0 HD released with the FFXV Episode Duscae demo.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  15. Rin

Rin Backlog Connoisseur Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

Last year Nomura said that more information about the remake would come once WoFF and KH2.8, two other works he's involved in, are released. I also read that he said again during E3 that he'd personally deliver new information. It's probably safe to say that the earliest we'll receive any information is mid-December. Most likely not until early next year.

16. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Look, it makes sense for FFVII Remake to be hidden in the dark. Let FFXV take as much of the spotlight as it can. It's the year of its release for crying out loud.

Frankly, people said that for FFXV and look where it's at now: Nothing but FFXV related content bundled with the main game upon release.
    With The Zodiac Age, like with X/X-2 HD, it's more than capable of standing out independently and selling well when it releases as long as it gets the love from Square it deserves. XII is nothing like Type-0 HD. It's almost an insult to put the two on the same boat to be honest.
    Despite being an underrated FF title, XII did go on to sell a few million copies worldwide back in 2006.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  17. Chocobocoholic

Chocobocoholic Yevonite

I did think at one point that FFXV might launch with a demo for the FFVII Remake, but I'm glad it isn't. As you say the game deserves it's own spotlight after 10 years of being on many of our radars, and it's time is almost here.

As for Type-0 and FFXII, I didn't even make a comparison between the two. I'm just simply saying that a FFVII Remake demo would benefit the FFXII Zodiac Age sales, just as the FFXV demo helped shift copies of Type-0 HD. I'm not saying it won't sell much without one because there are clearly a lot of fans of the game, but it won't have the same reach as FFX/X-2 HD which released on PS3/4/Vita and now Steam.

18. DrBretto

DrBretto AVALANCHE Warrior

I think XII-HD works perfectly for a VII-R demo bundle, actually.

There are a lot of FF fans stuck in the past that took exception to FFXII being so different and they either didn't give it a chance or fell victim to the many pitfalls the vanilla game came with. These are the same people that will be most interested in FFVII-R. Bundling the two together will give many of them an excuse to play XII again, this time the much improved IZJS version. I think it has a decent chance of bridging the divide between old-schoolers and the "new" age of FF games (post X).

I think it's a perfect fit.

19. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

The main reason behind XII's 'downfall' was because it was released late in the PS2 lifecycle. However, your point is sound trying to get newcomers and old into XII with the help of that VII remake demo bundle.

dissasterrific likes this.
  20. dissasterrific

dissasterrific fal'Cie Goddess Staff Member Administrator Site Staff

I've recently revisited the FFVII compilation and it's making me wonder now if they're going to remaster the other titles in it (eg Crisis Core) for the sake of making them more accessible for potentially new fans that will play the remake.. I'm really hoping that if they do, they would already have it all prepared just like with FFXV Universe. I like VII, but if it returns at the forefront and center of the series again.. I personally would not be too fond of it.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!