1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Jun 15, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2015.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Hey Everyone

Hey Everyone ShinRa SOLDIER

Hmm does ways off mean years or month, I think its possible that the FFVII Remake will come out near the end of 2017, but I'm not too sure at this point, me I'm just hoping it doesn't take too long for it to show up on Steam, cuz man I want to play it and FFXV on PC, as well as KH, but whether that happens idk, I mean it could be ported like the FFXIII Trilogy, LIKE 1.5+2.5, 2.8, then 3 but Idk.

2. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

They should be able to at least get episode 1 out the door in 2018. It couldn't take that long. I expect these episodes to be fairly short gaming experiences. Like 20-30 hours max play time. Should be a presence at E3 as well since XV in now out the door and VII:R is the only other major Final Fantasy project we're aware of.

3. Hey Everyone

Well Square did say that these "episodes" God I hate that word(FFVII Remake is as episodic as the FFXIII trilogy), they said that each will be the size of a full game with FFXIII being used as a blueprint. I'm thinking FFVIIR-1 Q4 2017 for PS4(December or October), PC release Q1 of 2018 probably Feb or March

4. smellslikejavier

smellslikejavier Stiltzkin's Apprentice

PC beggar race strikes again :v you can see they care so little about PC considering it takes years for them to make PC ports (which most of the time are horrible from what I've read) or they just don't make one. Meanwhile they always make a PS4 and/or XOne/Nintendo version day-one, but PC is left for last because they tend to get most money from consoles (which you can check on any video game chart sales and notice that the majority of people buys console copies instead of PC copies, because console copies tend to also be more known for non-gamers people).

5. Hey Everyone

You are anureism inducing? This happens to less than 10 percent of games dude, hell Nier Automata is coming out on PC, you mad, because we get the better version, are you like so upset about PC gaming objective superiority that you need to justify your purchase with games held hostage it's ok man, buyers remorse is ok. Javier it's ok I understand to.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  6. All Hail King Bimpy

All Hail King Bimpy Yevonite

You know I think the game should have the same exact script soundtrack sound and no voice overs just to see if fanboys would really put up with that for a game remade at this quality.

7. Hey Everyone

I would rather not have the game with the exact same script honestly, I think all the optional characters should just be in the main game itself, as they are closely canon to the overall FFVII Mythos.

8. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

Same script? Probably not the exact same script, but for the love of god, they better not try and "modernize" the character traits of the main cast.

9. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Forest Owl

You can bet they'll to an extend, particulary Barret due to cultural and ethnical sensibilities (I remember reading a recent Polygon article where Nojima/Nomura points this out)

10. AnGer-dono

Well, I'm fine with that, I also have no problems whatsoever if they tone down the subtext of some scenes in the Wall Market segment (particularly the now-infamous Hot Tub scene). I'd have problems though if they tried and make the tone of the entire game too "serious", esp. in regards to Aerith and her fairly "fun" personality early in the game, which made her tragedy even harsher (though to be fair, I'd go and subvert expectations to have her not die in the first place).

11. All Hail King Bimpy

All Hail King Bimpy Yevonite

i think in storytelling terms, classic FFs like 7 are very much outdated when it comes to things like character work. to modernize the cast would simply mean making them meet today's acceptable standards ideas and norms. people dont really realize those games had way too much exposition, stilled dialogue that felt mechanical, and flat archtypical characterizations I already saw a thousand times in anime. after consuming so many games since i was little i now notice JRPG storytelling changed drastically

then a lot of PS1 games, including 7, also excluded stuff because there wasnt enough space on disc. left over story data, which can now be used

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  12. AnGer-dono

I had no idea such "standards ideas and norms" even existed. Care to elaborate to the nature of these?

13. DrBretto

DrBretto AVALANCHE Warrior

I can give you one. The hot tub scene. This just isn't gonna fly today. Not just because people aren't ready for some good ol' fashioned man-rape. It's because the punchline is "haha, gay" and that's not funny today. It's offensive and oppressive. Something like the cross dressing, on the other hand, is perfectly fine because it's not "haha, transgender!" it's "haha, manly man has to act girly". But there's just no defense for the Mukki stuff.

The world has changed quite a bit in the last 20 years. They HAVE to modernize at least some of the more egregious ones.

14. AnGer-dono

I actually pointed exactly THAT out in my post above:
    So yes, we're on the same page here. Good. Problem solved, let's move on to brighter days.

15. DrBretto

DrBretto AVALANCHE Warrior

That was my point, you were already on the same page :p Just coming at it from different angles.

AnGer-dono likes this.
  16. Hey Everyone

TBH I'm fine with that, I also think that Vincent, and Yuffie should be apart of the main plot not optional characters, due to their canonical of them being in the battle against Sephiroth.

17. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Forest Owl

Their canonical presence comes only from extra material, in OG FFVII they are not there.

18. Hey Everyone

I'm aware, but the OG FF7 game is treated as canon, and takes place in the overall compilation, which is why I'm saying Square should make them more part of the story instead of optional sidequests, to fit it better in the overall compilation.

19. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

Still feeling down after Nomura's recent Final Fantasy VII:Remake & Kingdom Hearts III "update". Hopefully they aren't to far away..

Storm likes this.
  20. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Forest Owl

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!