1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Jun 15, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2015.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

Yeah, I like that one a lot. It retains the color scheme and personality of the original, while getting rid of the crap parts. Just give her the original's green turtleneck and she's perfect.

2. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

Mmm, pandering was probably framing it wrong, as I don't think the design itself is (some women have big breasts) so much as some scenes were (the infamous one in the ending). There weren't many of them, though, not that I remember. I actually like the original costume quite a bit, so a more realistic version of it would be my wish.

Her Dissidia and, especially, her G-Bike design should be pretty similar to the one in the remake. I'd also like her eyes to be red-ish rather than brown.

And yeah, the AC costume is boring. Not bad at all, but I find it a bit bland. That, combined with her more generic face and hairstyle, makes the character stand out a little less (really like the colour scheme of the original iteration).

I also wonder about Cid. The G-Bike portrait pictures him as noticeably old even though he's only fucking 32:
    [​IMG]
    I guess it all comes down to Japanese developers (especially in RPGs) portraying people past their teens as old, but I was really surprised when I first found out his actual age many years ago (I expected him to be in his 40s or so. His behaviour and habits also age him, I guess).

3. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

4. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

5. TheOneWhoIsTornApart

TheOneWhoIsTornApart Red Wings Commander

A lot of people were freaking out about this because they think that Square is just now truly starting development of the FFVII Remake which is completely absurd. I'm sure they are much further along than we think. A lot of studios hire more people when a game is entering it's final development stages so honestly I believe this means it's getting to be crunch time for Nomura and his team. I expect a first quarter or second quarter 2018 release date. Development should be much smoother than FFXV's since they are using the Unreal Engine 4 and not having to worry about finishing creating the Luminous Engine. I expect to see a trailer and possibly a game play demonstration at E3 this year plus some concrete details on how the game is being split up into multiple AAA games. So excited for June 12th.

6. AverageAfro

AverageAfro Yevonite

Do we have any conformation on what games SQE is talking about at E3?

7. TheOneWhoIsTornApart

No confirmation but I still expect to see the FFVII Remake there. It's time to start the marketing hype train. I would like to see a little bit of Kingdom Hearts III but that one I'm not quite as confident that it will be there.

8. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/final-fa...nt-shifts-external-cooperation-internal-focus

"Last week, news surfaced that Square Enix is recruiting core staff for Final Fantasy VII Remake and that Naoki Hamaguchi, the main programmer of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and project lead on Mobius Final Fantasy, is project lead on the remake.

During a Mobius Final Fantasy live stream on May 27, Hamaguchi commented on the recruitment listings—which are seeking battle and level planners; background, motion, and video effects designers; and a programmer—clarifying that development has shifted from cooperation with an external studio to an internal focus.

The information is already available online, but I’ve taken charge on the development side for Final Fantasy VII Remake,” Hamaguchi said. “As for the whole story, (it’s a sensitive topic, but) until now, development was moving forward with external cooperation, but the company has decided to shift to an internal setup, including mass production and quality, because we want to control everything, including quality, on a stable schedule. (I won’t be leaving Mobius Final Fantasy.)”

It was previously announced that CyberConnect2 was one of Square Enix’s partners on the project"

soon the new director of FFVII remake lmao
    two years since the announcement and the game is not in mass development yet, why it always happens with projects directed by nomura and why SQ doesn't fucking learn to reveal a title in apropriate time?

first part won't be out before 2019, i can already see that.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  9. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

"I've taken charge on the development side for Final Fantasy VII Remake" he says...

So... he's going to be the new director?

Could it be the battle system is causing issues? Repeat of Versus developmental issues?

*sigh* this doesn't bode well.

10. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

he's going to be the development lead if i understood that right; director is still nomura.

11. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

"Project Lead" and "Director" are separate staff roles. Just like Hamaguchi isn't the director of Mobius, he isn't the director of VII Remake.

Storm likes this.
  12. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

Oooh I see.

Still, it's a massive shift for development, switching from external to internal only I mean.

I'm with Storm on this. 2019 or beyond for a release.

13. xXShuyaXx

xXShuyaXx Clan Centurio Member

I think this is less a technical issue or a developmental issue, but rather a combination of communication and quality control issue.

Cyberconnect2 is located in Fukuoka, which is, ahem, not close to Tokyo. Rather it's in the furthermost island down southwest of Japan. So there is a definite issue when it comes to communication. Quality control also becomes an issue because of long-distance communication. Much a like a long-distance relationship, it requires so much more effort for something to be simply said and done.

Will this cause a delay in development? Probably no. Although it would take time to transfer assets, unless they decide to scrap what was made, this setback shouldn't cause a big delay overall and schedule would likely to be on time.

Jubileus, SonOfEtro and Storm like this.
  14. TheOneWhoIsTornApart

Yea I honestly don't see this as something to be worried about. A lot of people are having a meltdown over this but I really don't see a huge delay coming out of this. Maybe a slight one to transfer assets and whatnot but nothing like the game coming out in 2020 or anything to that degree. We just need to wait for Square to give us details on what's going on about the game. We will probably get something at E3.

15. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Not really happy about them just recently switching to internal development after two years, hopefully this won't lead to any thing even more drastic.

16. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

Dont worry Nomura got this.

AverageAfro likes this.
  17. TheOneWhoIsTornApart

There is absolutely nothing to worry about. I have visited a lot of different sites and most people seem to be freaking the hell out. I don't understand why they are jumping the gun so badly. Some people are actually thinking that they are completely restarting development of the game which is completely absurd and there isn't a single shred of evidence that supports it. This won't mean any kind of huge delay. People have latched on to the whole Marvel game, KHIII and FFVII Remake being released in the "next 3 years" and interpret that it will take 3 years for the first part of the remake to be released which is not at all what that means. The Marvel game was announced last year and just begun development not that long ago so that will be what is released last out of the 3 games. They are releasing one big AAA game a year and FFVII Remake is most likely being released next year while KHIII is released the following year. I bet we will have more info after E3 about what is going on. No need to panic though.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    SonOfEtro likes this.
  18. xXShuyaXx

They are using UE4 so development is very flexible and since the source code is available to everyone, transitions are very simple. That's probably why the project was being handled off-site. Even if they decide to make big changes, it'll be easier to work on, at least easier than it was with the Luminous Engine.

However, from my knowledge, the latest Luminous Engine ''Pro'' is available to be used. If they decide to switch development from UE4 to LEP, then that's a whole different story.

Nova and TheOneWhoIsTornApart like this.
  19. xXShuyaXx

The Marvel game isn't even being made by SE, nor is it even developed in Japan anyways. It's being developed primarily by Eidos and published by SE, so it has no effect on the development schedule.

TheOneWhoIsTornApart likes this.
  20. TheOneWhoIsTornApart

Yea I know but Square released that development schedule and the Marvel game was included in the games that will be released in the next 3 years. Just clarifying that that is what will be released in three years and not FFVII Remake.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!