1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Jun 15, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2015.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. xXShuyaXx

xXShuyaXx Clan Centurio Member

Oh sorry, I wasn't trying to correct you, but rather remind others who may have forgot or was not yet aware of this. Like people blame SE for everything these days, like how Hitman was messed up with the episodic releases. That was Eidos who did all that... SE only provided resources.

TheOneWhoIsTornApart likes this.
  2. TheOneWhoIsTornApart

TheOneWhoIsTornApart Red Wings Commander

Oh no worries. Sorry I misunderstood.

3. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

4. T.O.T

T.O.T Clan Centurio Member

I apologize for coming across so negative, but is it unreasonable for me to feel like the FFVII:R may end up going through a lot of turmoil before this is said and done?

5. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I would only start to panic once Square-Enix confirms they are facing problems.

6. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

i don't think that's enough reason to say that, but yeah it's taking long to get this shit done; 2 years and we know basically nothing about the project.

if they pass this E3 i'll begin to get worried, we might be in another Versus XIII situation, except this time i won't stick around for the long ride.

7. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

Has SE ever outright said they were having trouble developing a game before? If not, then I don't think they'd be too keen to let the public know they're facing difficulties for fear of backlash.

@T.O.T no you're not the only one. It's like you said, don't mean to be negative but Nomura directed games have been delayed a lot so it's understandable. There's lack of confidence there in my eyes.

I'd love to be proven wrong though. If they wow us at E3 then I'd be happy with that.

8. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Square-Enix (or some important devs of a respective game) has explained in very low key postmortems (mainly via interviews) their difficulties when developing [insert game] but usually tends to be years after it releases.
    Although FFXIV & FFXV would be first games where S.E has been more or less very open about having difficulties developing them.

9. TheOneWhoIsTornApart

TheOneWhoIsTornApart Red Wings Commander

10. xXShuyaXx

xXShuyaXx Clan Centurio Member

He hardly ever provides sources. His information seemingly come out of nowhere most of the time. But most of the time it's genuine.

Though it's exactly as I said, a long distance relationship never really works out, specially if you need to communicate fairly often.

11. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

Maybe now CC2 can work on a .Hack remake collection instead. The games really need to be brought into the modern era with a remake/remaster.

12. T.O.T

T.O.T Clan Centurio Member

It feels like to me SE didn't learn anything from Versus XIII/XV by announcing it way too soon.

Indeed. I'd like to be proven wrong as well. With KHIII and FFVII:R being imo on the same tier of importance as FFXV, I just want those titles to come out in a reasonable time span. Those games can be big Ws for the RPG genre just in general. Not every smaller IP RPG series is going to be able to benefit from having a dedicated fandom/cult following such as the Persona series or Nier series.

13. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

I see what you mean. I think they learned.. but only when it comes to FFXV itself. So the team responsible for FFXV learned, but maybe not the other departments in the company.

For example, Episode Prompto. They still haven't given us any info and are holding their cards close to their chest. So if they changed anything for this during development time, we don't know about it, and therefore we can't complain.

Yeah they did announce the game too early. For now, all we can do is patiently wait and hope to be very pleasantly surprised during the upcoming E3 event.

T.O.T likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!