1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Jun 15, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2015.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Hannibal_Khan

Hannibal_Khan Yevonite

Wonder if they will do ATR's with VII the way tabata has with XV?

LeonBlade likes this.
  2. Flash Over

Flash Over PSICOM Soldier

Doubtful. Hideaki Sena doesn't have any interest in selling Square the rights to another PE title. If anything, we'll end up with another abomination

3. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

With this E3 my most anticipatted liat has changed, this is now :
    1. FFXV (still none of the below can beat 9+ years of waiting).
    2. The Last Guardian (none of the below can beat 5+ years of waiting).
    3. PERSONA 5 (know less about it than i do from FFVII)
    4. FFVII Remake (good and everything but still and old concept, but still hyped)
    5. DARK SOULS 3

SilentBob and LeonBlade like this.
  4. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

I'm mainly curious to see what they're going to do with the combat and world map. Though of course they're going to have to redesign almost the entire game. Top down design sensibilities likely won't apply to what (it seems) they're going for.

This winter!? That's like 6 months from now!

5. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

I'd be extremely surprised if they wouldn't talk about it tomorrow at their own conference.

Other than that it means we'll likely get some new info at PSExperience.

6. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

I sure hope so. Tomorrow they'll definitely talk about it, but if it's to be believed that development started several months ago I wonder if they'll have anything to show (which is what I really want).

Man, I can't believe I'm this excited for a VII remake. I vehemently said I didn't want one before today.

7. Myrodis19

Myrodis19 PSICOM Soldier

I am curious. They once said that doing this remake would cost quite a lot of money and man power. SO i am wondering where most o fthe money for this game is coming from? Are they banking on XV selling alot or are they dipping into the money the Edios side has gotten for them.

8. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

We've known for a little bit now (a week or so - just unlike some websites we didn't think it'd be fair to spoil it) so I've had time to let it sink in. I'm most concerned about Nomura as director, as I just don't trust him in that role (I'd rather him as art boss & assisting on scenario), but on the whole I'm pretty chill about the whole thing. I'm still not sure I want a FF7 without the kooky tone, or without traditional turn-based battles... but I certainly won't be closed minded about it. FF7 is too special for that.

I'm intrigued, and excited, but admittedly I'm excited in a slightly more academic way rather than a 'I can't wait' sense - I'm way more interested in new stuff - in 15, and other stuff to follow :eek:

That said, I do think tonally the trailer hits a pretty good balance.

SlankyZerm, Lulcielid and Sora96 like this.
  9. Sora96

Sora96 Sphere Hunter

Same here, but I'm probably just still stressing where Toriyama's title is. Haha.

10. Somber

Somber PSICOM Soldier

What is your obsession with Toriyama?

LeonBlade likes this.
  11. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

So we got Nojima as the scenario writer, Nomura as the director & Kitase as the producer for the VII Remake..... I wonder who else is going to be part of the development team for this game........

LeonBlade likes this.
  12. Sora96

Sora96 Sphere Hunter

He's just my favourite director.

Kitase & Nojima are no surprise.

The dream would be Ito designing the battle system. However Nobuyuki Matsuoka is definitely possible.

13. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

I'm guessing either the FFXIII team or maybe CyberConnect2 will be behind it. They seem to have some big projects in the works so something has to be outsourced.

14. Wazi the pa

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not an internal development team making the game.

15. Sora96

Sora96 Sphere Hunter

The XIII team is all over the place. Some staff are working on XV, some are on XIV, some were on Mobius, some are on Toriyama's title.

16. Wazi the pa

Guys, I can't be the only one curious to know how would 'this' particular scenario will be like in the remake.

[​IMG]

17. Sora96

Sora96 Sphere Hunter

I wonder if Toriyama gets a say on it.

18. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

Well, shit. I guess everything has been said by now about this, but man, I have to say something (especially since I've been so long away from the forum!)

Waking up this morning (Spaniard here, so the conference was really late) and finding this (I searched FF VII on Google on purpose, since I didn't want to be dissapointed watching the conference) and man. Holy shit. I kinda hate those who actually spoilt the surprise the VERY SAME DAY it was supposed to happen. But well, those clicks are welcome, I guess.

FF VII is probably my 3rd favourite FF (along with VIII and after IX and VI). I have so much nostalgia regarding this game is not even funny (despite having much more love for IX). Watching this CGI has been... fuck. Everything has been fully realized, if the game follows a similar style to this, I'm set (so long as they don't fucking use the doll models characters had in AC).

And damn, motherfucking Nomura directing! And here I though he was going to leave S-E after delivering KHIII! I still don't think this is the only reason he left XV, but it's a damn good reason to leave it. Actually, this has managed to bring me closer to the brand since I was feeling quite dissapointed about all the changes regarding Versus (yes, that was basically just a concept and not a game like now, but hey), with the consequence that, even if still highly anticipated and exciting, it's not my most wanted game.

So, all in all, I still don't trust S-E to do this justice. But I'd lie id I didn't say how excited I am. And having these guys in important positions (Nomura, Nojima... even Kitase, despite being a shadow of his past self) fills me with confidence that, at the very least, it'll be made with love.

I'm sorry if I say something already said, but I'm on exam week(s): do you think it'll be fully 3D? I think so, but that might be a huge task. Is CyberConnect2 making it like Destructoid said? Will it keep the same (in a broad way) combat system and gameplay?

Also, I guess they won't say much more today in S-E's conference. Those six months are going to be hard. I expect this game in 2017, with the 20th anniversary. How long do you think they've been working on it?

Again, excuse the silly questions if already discussed (I'll read everything here tomorrow, since I have some free time), but man, I'm so giddy right now even when I don't fully trust S-E.

19. Wazi the pa

I think it'd be interesting if the remake will have ARPG gameplay rather than turn based. This is only because since the original has turn-based, it'd be fresh and new if we experience something different. I don't know, I've always thought it'd be so cool to explore Gaia from that perspective. Think something like in the bit of roaming in Crisis Core only you have much more freedom like FFXV has in it's exploration system.

I'm fine with either but ARPG would be awesome to see in FFVII.

LeonBlade likes this.
  20. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

I wouldn't like that, at all. It could be alright for a spin-off, though.

Gameplay changes are going to be made, for sure. But I want them to keep the ATB battle system (wether they implement it in the living world, have non-random encounters, change parameters or enemies...) Upgrade and change it enough to make it innovative, but keep the core.

I really miss the feel of that system, and would certaintly be better for them (they only have to change certain things, the overall work is done AND maaaany fans have been clamoring for a more classic battle system since basically XII-XIII) and would, I guess, please the biggest amount of fans. Materia system is still the best system in a FF regarding skills.

Of course, I don't expect the game to be a carbon copy of the original: changes are going to be made and, in some cases, are much needed.

Is there any possibility they'll talk even if just a bit about this during today's conference/interviews? I mean, they won't show anything (Winter...) but they have to explain something, we're thirsty!

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!