Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States

“I can’t share too much for now, but it won’t be a simple remake,” says Nomura. “If we were to simply just make the graphics look pretty for the new generation consoles, I don’t think it could surpass the original version. If that’s what you wanted, I think it’d be enough to just play the original International version on PlayStation 4, and it would be satisfying enough.”

“We’ve yet to show any screenshots from the game, but it has vastly evolved, so please look forward to it,” Nomura continues. “Again, this time, since the story is being handled by Nojima, that also means that there will be more work added to it, so please look forward to that as well.”
Read more at the Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-have-more-work-done-to-its-story/

Sorry people that for some odd reason thought a remake would just be advance graphics and not so much more...

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
That's the right mentality imo. I mean, as long as I like the changes haha. But really, that's nice to hear, especially since I, despite being very critic of Nomura's many flaws, LOVE the guy and owe him a huge chunk of my childhood, so watching him being excited/happy about a project makes me happy, especially after the XV debacle.

I would also be satisfied with a complete overhaul of the game in terms of visuals, but maintaining the essence via having prerrendered backgrounds and all that jazz. But I actually prefer them going beyond that. In my ideal world, apart from releasing it soon and being a great game xD, it would be a fully 3D realization (which it'll be for sure) of the original game's places, as faithful as possible. Combat system close (at its core) to the original, I miss ATB so bad. The same for the story regarding faithfullness, with the necessary changes, additions, removals... Hell, they could even include things that got cut from the original game, like the Sephirot figurines!

I guess have the stigma of disliking AC in terms of plot, characterization and even character designs, and that was handled by the same people doing this. So, let's hope this time I manage to fully enjoy it. And hopefully Kitase actually returns to form even if just as a producer.

This is going to be a reimagination of the original game, so I'm very excited to see that, provided they keep the essential points of the original (which I think they will, since I guess they want to fit it into the Compilation, which, if very different compared to VII, actually respects the lore, even if I don't like certain uses of the lore). If not, well, not a drama, but I wouldn't be very happy at first, but I totally would eventually welcome it, since it's their vision, I guess.

Winter can't come soon enough :(

Last edited:

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Sounds great. I expect an evolution and additions in story and gameplay. I'm totally down with making changes to the battle system if it does keep the core intact and retains some sort of ATB system.

I'd love to see equipment visually applied in battles (and maybe on the field, too; perhaps with the option to hide), as well as actual materia slots being occupied by coloured materia. Would be cool to see a couple of materia in those two famous holes in the Buster Sword.

I'm really curious to see how they're gonna implement a lot of the vanilla version stuff. I think the battle system should stay turn-based and focused on materia but given that since Advent Children Square likes to envision FF fights as acrobatic and over the top, we might see a drastic change to something more action-oriented and focused on each character's fighting style (Barret's gun, Cloud's giant sword, Tifa's martial art, etc). Same with the world itself. Vanilla had the classic overworld map that in the remake might change completely to an open-world similar to what they wanna do in FFXV.

Now, I don't think Vincent and Yuffie will be optional characters in the remake and we might even see a lot of complete changes to iconic parts of the game like Don Corneo's brothel, the stealing of the submarine, Aeris' death, Midgar's escape on the bike/truck, etc. We have a LOT of things to see and expect from this game. Can't wait to see more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I'm really curious to see how they're gonna implement a lot of the vanilla version stuff. I think the battle system should stay turn-based and focused on materia but given that since Advent Children Square likes to envision FF fights as acrobatic and over the top, we might see a drastic change to something more action-oriented and focused on each character's fighting style (Barret's gun, Cloud's giant sword, Tifa's martial art, etc). Same with the world itself. Vanilla had the classic overworld map that in the remake might change completely to an open-world similar to what they wanna do in FFXV.

Now, I don't think Vincent and Yuffie will be optional characters in the remake and we might even see a lot of complete changes to iconic parts of the game like Don Corneo's brothel, the stealing of the submarine, Aeris' death, Midgar's escape on the bike/truck, etc. We have a LOT of things to see and expect from this game. Can't wait to see more.
Cloud in a dress is still a thing, I doubt they will change any of what you described.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Cloud in a dress is still a thing, I doubt they will change any of what you described.
Was the "please, look forward for it" an answer Nomura gave about the goofy/wacky stuff that's still going to be in the game or was that specifically referring to Miss Cloud?

I'd love for the latter, that whole plot was hilarious even if I didn't understand much of it as a kid (I first played VII a little bit when I was 7 or so. IX was the first one I actually played, at 8).

Honey Bee Inn was really weird (Toriyama lol), but it was such a great contrast to the depressing slums and the plot until that point. I can see a lot getting changed/removed, some things don't really work nowadays, I guess. Also, I loved pre-identity crisis Cloud, I really dislike his mopey character in AC (it was an specific change Nomura made for the movie) and miss how cocky and indifferent he acted towards almost everything. So, hopefully, he gets the treatment and character development he deserves.

Also, if this is really CyberConnect2 developing, I'm really excited about the bike chase (provided it's still in). I don't like mobile games much (other than your typical ones when really bored), but G Bike looks pretty fun.

And damn, Golden Saucer! Hopefully they keep a big amount of minigames (some of them need to be gone or severely updated, though). And CHOCOBO BREEDING PLS.

Also, how are they gonna do the worldmap? Chibi-style? They tried that for Versus and didn't actually fit. Open-world-ish? Like XV? Or like (hopefully no) X? Damn, so many questions until Winter :/ Hopefully the game is already well underway, it seems like this started about a year ago or so.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Also, how are they gonna do the worldmap? Chibi-style? They tried that for Versus and didn't actually fit. Open-world-ish? Like XV? Or like (hopefully no) X? Damn, so many questions until Winter :/ Hopefully the game is already well underway, it seems like this started about a year ago or so.
Most like it started the moment Nomura left XV's development, like maybe some weeks before TGS.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
Dolphin riding is too punk these days. It would bring the game to at least an M rating, you know. (That's really the only thing I'm concerned about this remake, not so much the weird stuff but if the creepy/intense scenes are gonna be neutered. Less realistic graphics could get away with a lot more violence and disturbing themes on a T rating).

As long as the story and characters are kept intact it will at least be good. If they keep all the thematic elements it will be great. Making adjustments to gameplay and UI etc. is inevitable. Curious to see how they handle the world map and if they change it-- open world sounds like a huge undertaking but making zones (kind of like FFX) requires a whole lot of work too.

The only thing I wonder is if people will finally understand the story better, since even these days I see a lot of people who seemingly forgot many important details in the game, or misinterpreted characters (I guess a lot of fans only played as children).

Also, the love triangle... haha. Will dating Barrett still be an option?