Final Fantasy X-2.5 novel ends with "To be Continued"!!!!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
Oh god. I love to see another Final Fantasy but....japanese readers reviewed that the book was full of sadness and frustration and one even mentioned that he regret reading that book. What is happening?!

EDIT: They need to finish Final Fantasy XV and localization of Type-0. Instead they do this. T_T

Last edited:

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Oh god. I love to see another Final Fantasy but....japanese readers reviewed that the book was full of sadness and frustration and one even mentioned that he regret reading that book. What is happening?!

EDIT: They need to finish Final Fantasy XV and localization of Type-0. Instead they do this. T_T
They're different team from XV and Type-0, Type-0 is now working with FFXV Team so they can finish up the game quicker. I would prefer Toriyama working on X-3, it will prevent him working on XVI

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
They're different team from XV and Type-0, Type-0 is now working with FFXV Team so they can finish up the game quicker. I would prefer Toriyama working on X-3, it will prevent him working on XVI
Toriyama!!!! >.<

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
In the novel, Tidus died. Farplane become unstable and the dead return to Spira. Of course, Sin too.

-_- This kind of thing is Toriyama's! Very similar but the actual writer is Nojima.

Kaimi

Yevonite
Oct 10, 2013
Poland
In the novel, Tidus died. Farplane become unstable and the dead return to Spira. Of course, Sin too.

-_- This kind of thing is Toriyama's! Very similar but the actual writer is Nojima.
To put it simply, aside of "Toriyama'd" meme, SE also gives as "Nojima'd".

I hope they don't even think about making a sequel to Final Fantasy IX, 'cause they would most likely destroy my probably favourite official pair in the gaming industry.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
I laughed hard at some of the spoilers. I can't believe how narmy it is.

"Blitzball, Blitzball--" BOOM
And his head flies off and lands at Yuna's feet??? Lmfao A+ black comedy

Though it is rather troubling if that was written in all seriousness. It sounds like they regressed Tidus's character waaaaay too much just to contrast with Yuna, which is a shame because he was one of the more reasonable characters in X :/

Maybe it's just because I haven't read it myself, but going by what has been said over and over that's what happens. I sort of get what they are going for but that's a terrible way to approach it IMO. A more subtle and somber atmosphere would be more appropriate...

Then again if it reaches so-bad-it's-good territory who cares. Make it insane.

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
I was trying to avoid spoilers on this but decided to read some of the tidbits out there anyway, and.... what the hell? It seems so ridiculous that I would assume it's fake but... it's not fake?!

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
LOL Tidus's head exploded and landed on Yuna's feet. That seems like a Horror Comedy scene.

Aside from the fact that not everything needs to be sequelised (in this case, sequelised again), I suppose there is potentially some very good stuff that can be touched on and explored, either for the first time or further, in an FFX-related expanded universe.

The issue with fiends still populating Spira, and presumably recent Unsent still wandering around the world have been passed over in FFX-2, and an expanded universe story can delve some focus into the people in Spira who lack the powers to summon Aeons, but will presumably still possess the ability to do their haunting exorcist dances. Kurugum appears to be one of the people filling in this "Sender" role, and I'm glad for that, because official material (as far as I know of if it hadn't already) clearly answers the question of what is to be done about the vengeful dead.

Chuami being this righteous atheist quick to denounce everything Yevon I think has been an overdue idea. I thought FFX-2 could have done with something more akin to this rather than focus on some vague conflict between two factions with equally vague ethos, but I suppose after only two years, it's too soon for new ideas and thoughts to be properly rationalised and settled on. Still, good to see potential road for a more sociological exploration of post-Yevon Spira. Can firm radical thinkers like Chuami accommodate with moderate conservatives who recognise the good social boons of Yevonite practices despite it being you know, a discredited farce?

Tidus's return and the metaphysics of Spira and the Farplane. Has his return at the end of FFX-2 caused some form of instability that otherwise would have been normal? Was Yuna risking in some form the very calm she firmly battled twice for by essentially requesting the Fayth in question to dream "back" Tidus? If so, perhaps Tidus's second resurrection has been the straw to break the camel's back, leading to a gradual amalgamation/leaking over of the Farplane with/over to Spira, with sentient Pyrefly shapes of the deceased, and someone allegedly "wishing" for Sin's return? Has Yuna theoretically doomed her own calm, and what psychological effect might this have on her?

But if what the novelette supposedly has is genuine as reported, what the heck, Nojima? Do you just really hate Tidus? I mean, it's almost like Spoony took control of the man's mind and hand, and forcibly wrote in a part to kill off Tidus in an outlandishly cartoony and gory way just to get the message across about how much he despises Tidus. It's kind of hard for me to accept this as something to take very seriously, you know, if I have to roll with the idea of a strangely mentally-regressed Tidus excitedly rushing up to a Blitzball and kicking it around culminating in Yuna passing out at the sight of a surprised-looking decapitated head rolling around next to her.

I still maintain that an edge of awkward tween drama isn't something I'm looking forward to. But I suppose at least we now may have context for the state of the relationship between Yuna and Tidus, even if the behaviour in the audio drama (which is surprisingly not as offensive as I first thought it would be) still irks me. AndI suppose I can at least rationalise a bit of it. Yuna declaring that she has another man may well be a lie. It's a ruse to get Tidus to stay away from her while she contemplates a new way of ridding Sin again, in the context of her fright at the thought of what Tidus currently is, and the fragility of his existence and their time together remaining.

tl;dr, the audio drama not as bad as I feared, but the novelette's bomb thing is still baffling and daft.

EDIT: Who wants to imagine a potential FFX-3 as a dark comedy with Tidus as the equivalent of South Park's Kenny?

Last edited:

gaiages

:<
Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
Reading the spoiler tidbits... wow, just wow. Has Final Fantasy caliber story telling really fallen so far? I understand it's just a novella, but if they want it to be genuine, maybe... I dunno, they could have tried a little harder?

@Fleur
Yuna: "Oh Yevon, they killed Tidus!"
Paine: "What bastards."
*Rikku kicks around Tidus' head like a blitzball for comedic effect*