Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
Errrrghh I hate Blitzball. Not only do I loathe sports and sports games to begin with, the game mechanics have too many random factors for it to be anything but frustrating to me. Especially since the RNG always seems to play in the computer's favor and not my own. Even when I have a clear advantage it's just my luck for a character to miss a shot :[

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
Got to Kilika Temple so far. The character models aren't as bad as I thought they would be, but Tidus's eyes are a scary neon KH-like blue especially in darker scenes. Whyyyy.

Also it's interesting comparing the original cast with the dub. I think they sound pretty similar except for Yuna, who is notably more cheerful-sounding in Japanese

I wonder why they aren't doing the twin pack release in English. Saved me a ton of money, two Vita games for $60 is a great deal and buying them separately is silly when you get both games with the PS3 edition.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I wonder why they aren't doing the twin pack release in English. Saved me a ton of money, two Vita games for $60 is a great deal and buying them separately is silly when you get both games with the PS3 edition.
I know that in Europe (is it the same for NA?), they are bundling an FFX-2 download code with every copy of FFX on Vita. So FFX Vita is a physical release, and every single copy comes with an FFX-2 code. FFX-2 Vita cannot be bought physically. Not sure if that's the same in NA.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
I don't think that's the case here, but considering how crazy expensive memory is for the Vita, and especially that my sister and I both have Vitas and separate PSN accounts (and similar taste in games), I'd prefer physical copies. I know a lot of people are going the all-digital route though.

Just would've been nice if they gave us more options.

Anyway, I just got to the Blitzball tournament and man, Seymour's voice is so much better in Japanese; he sounded like Him from The Powerpuff Girls in English lol. Part of me will miss making fun of it.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
The goddamn chocobo race isn't any easier. So far I've been trying for about 6 hours and I'm stuck on a 0:0:4 time and I'm ready to cry. Whoever designed this and thought adding a luck/random factor was a good idea should be ashamed of themselves. Even though the butterfly catch is annoying at least it's doable.

But I have to get all the celestial weapons for a platinum trophy... :(

Edit: after several more hours of attempts I DID IT!!! My cats bolted out of the room 'cause I started screaming. I can't believe that was only worth a bronze trophy but SUN SIGIL FUCK YEAH
Next stop Mt. Gagazet...

Last edited:

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Random luck in things like that in games - nightmare. Always fun to watch speed runs for that very reason!

Reading Fin's posts, I can tell immediately I will never, ever get a Platinum trophy in FFX. No matter how much I love that game. I can't be dealing with it.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
So far the only celestial weapons I still need are Wakka's and Lulu's... For Wakka it's more of a matter of hiring decent players and having patience... And Lulu's... well, that's on par with the Sun Sigil for me. I have terrible reflexes so I keep messing up and starting over. Even dodging one bolt is hard sometimes... I never even use Lulu :l

Also, I need to defeat Dark Valefor to get back into Besaid and my ass is getting kicked. I feel like I've been fighting nothing but Cactaurs for hours w/Triple AP and I still suck.

Platinum is not impossible though!! I'm keeping my hopes up.

Ariana

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 26, 2013
Toronto
For some reason, I could never be bothered to dodge the thunderbolts for Lulu's ultimate weapon. I don't think I got any of them in my original playthrough. Then my PS2 broke, so I never got the chance to play the game over again. Looks like this time, I'm playing the game "right"!

Sep 26, 2013
I never got Lulu's Celestial Weapon. I dodged 198 bolts. I choked at 199. I never looked back.

It's the single most infuriating gaming experience I've ever had.

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
So... PS3 or Vita version for X|X-2 Remaster? Agh why couldn't SE do cross-buy?

I'm seriously torn on this. I want the ability to see and play on the big screen, but I think the longevity of the Vita (I'll play it as long as it supports PS4 Remote Play) coupled with the handheld/on-the-go properties make it that much more superior.

I could also go with option #3 - instead of paying 39.99 for one now, I wait for the inevitable sale or price drop to 19.99 and buy both then, utilizing cross-save to its fullest :p

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
Shinji Hashimoto said:
Since we’re revisiting Final Fantasy X and X-2, which were released about 10 years ago, the series’ scenario writer Kazushige Nojima and character designer Tetsuya Nomura had a discussion and thought that the HD Remaster release would be a good opportunity for them to include this additional story episode [and expand upon the univese a little further].

But the audio episode’s inclusion wasn’t because we have any plans to develop a Final Fantasy X-3.
Oh? So Square Enix un-concluded a mostly concluded story for the sheer fun of it? For the fans, folks.