Final Fantasy XV at E3 - Yes or No? Time to stake your pride!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Will Final Fantasy XV be at E3?

• Yes, with a live demo (public or press-only)

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Yes, with a trailer containing at least some new footage

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • No, but it will be mentioned or old trailers will be shown

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • No. It'll be swept under the rug for this year's show.

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SAVE-THE-CRYSTAL

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
May 25, 2014
I voted "Yes, wih a trailer containing atleast some new footage."
I think they definitely will show a new trailer with more details on gameplay.
We already know much about the story so I predict a few new character reveals but more focus on the gameplay.
& as for a live demo I really don't think so.
I predict the demo to be brought at the Tokyo game show.
& as for a release date I predict the game will be launched around March 2015.

Last edited:

Montgomery

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 21, 2014
I am on the fence between "Yes, with a trailer containing at least some new footage" and "No, but it will be mentioned or old trailers will be show."

This is SE we're talking about, so realistically, it would probably be the latter. Optimistically though, I voted the former.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
Lali-ho, Mognet Central! Or should I say, "Kupopo!"?

My opinion may be popular, but it is both sound and justified, albeit slightly hopeful.

Final Fantasy XV
will be shown at E3, with a new trailer and substantial releases of new information.

I'm shy to anticipate any kind of playable demo, however. That isn't Square Enix's style, and especially not with the game's launch in any territory at least 9 months away - and not until summer 2015, by my wild guess.

Though his responses during the Thailand Expo were oddly pandering, Hashimoto's remarks are not to be brushed off lightly; surely not by a fanbase as rabid and hungry as FF's. I find "I'm pretty sure you will be surprised" to be his most auspicious statement, followed by his referencing of TGS and even Comicon! Morever, the game's disabled HUD at the Thai showing highly suggests that it has been evolved upon yet again. By these virtues, it's unquestionable that this year will be an important press year for them, even if release of their big-name titles - that aren't spin-offs or remakes - is considerably distant.

TGS is not to be disregarded, either. As an event occurring in Nippon, I think that it's largely overlooked, unless new information about upcoming games is revealed. I believe that if a playable demo were to be included in a showcasing, it would first be at this year's TGS.

Doubting FF XV's appearance at this E3 is a bit cynical on my account, even considering the infamous track record of its developers regarding public, pre-release information.

I'm hopeful for both new information, and the game itself.

Mateus.E

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Nov 23, 2013
Well,come here to vote,and i already did it.Not gonna stick here to brag about this game being alpha,beta or whatever.I am just gonna post my meager two cents about it.The change to PS4 happened in 2011,while they probably began their work with "Versus" back in 2009-2010.They have 3 years of work in the PS4 version...and 2-3 with it when they were making it for the PS3.

Even if those 2-3 years were "wasted",it must have been meaningful somehow.With 2-3 years full of material to either inspire them in the work or be used in the game properly,They even had 3 years to perfect the game for PS4.They must release it either this year,2014,or in 2015(20xv).Releasing it later,like in 2016,when the game will be 10 years old, will just prove how SE is pathetic,even if the game is the ultimate masterpiece.

DJIzana

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
May 25, 2014
I voted it will be with a new trailer showing some new footage. My guess is that you'll see a 30 second trailer, followed by a release window. TGS will have live demo's and it'll be where the splurge over actual gameplay etc.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Your confidence is cute. And I don't think those of us who don't expect an appearance are cynical.
When a game is in development for longer than it should, course there will be some people that feel "This year will be the year" Even more so now that it's an actual mainline FF game now.

Here's why I strongly feel they will show new footage this year (playable demo closed doors): ( Wish there was an option for "New trailer with nothing but new footage in it :p)

1) High priority within the company ( another words, a lot of games are taking a back burner seat while waiting for FFXV to release)

2) In September, Tabata said they are entering an "important phase" by E3 2014 ( a good 8 months) You think they are close to exiting that "important phase in development/engine.

3) Far into Development ( April 2014), How far is far? but when they say far I figure more than 50% (70% I feel personally). However, that last 30% of a "big game" is still a lot of ground to cover.

4) Hashimoto saying in response to E3 2014 question: "it's a surprise", If it wasn't going to be there, don't you think for a company that it's easier to say no for a E3 2014 showing, than it is to say yes to a FFXV showing? He said "it's a surprise" like he wants us to think it's coming this E3 all the while saying basically that " we have a surprise waiting for you." Why would you say " Hey it's a surprise" and then it's not at E3? That's some surprise eh? I am trying to read between the lines, like his expression while saying it, he makes it feel like " Should I tell them?" but just says "It's a surprise to cover it up".

5) Hashimoto says at the PS4 Launch in Japan that they are preparing new info for FFXV and that it will meet expectations. When saying "meet expectations" kinda sets the bar really high, like it's going to be information we want to hear ( AKA release window, new info about the game etc. Now the only 2 big conventions coming up are E3 and TGS. Something that will "meet expectations" would have to " in a marketing standpoint" have to be at one of those 2 Expos.

Anyways those are my reasons as to why I think it's come this year.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Nope. Some of us are just looking at the whole picture being realistic about it. Doesn't mean we're right of course.
I wish you weren't the only one to admit that. We can all speak in absolutes, but in the end none of us is truly sure if it will or will not show, positive or negative. To be frank, if I were smarter I'd likely choose a less optimistic route. Expect the worst and all surprises are pleasant. Still though, if I stay positive I tend to have more fun with the entire thing, and one of these years I'm going to be right. Likewise I'm sure some of those who answer in the negative have chosen to do so to take the edge off of the disappointment if it does what it's done all those years past. I don't think there will be many folks voting in this poll who don't care about the game or if it shows or not.

DJIzana

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
May 25, 2014
When a game is in development for longer than it should, course there will be some people that feel "This year will be the year" Even more so now that it's an actual mainline FF game now.

Here's why I strongly feel they will show new footage this year (playable demo closed doors): ( Wish there was an option for "New trailer with nothing but new footage in it :p)

1) High priority within the company ( another words, a lot of games are taking a back burner seat while waiting for FFXV to release)

2) In September, Tabata said they are entering an "important phase" by E3 2014 ( a good 8 months) You think they are close to exiting that "important phase in development/engine.

3) Far into Development ( April 2014), How far is far? but when they say far I figure more than 50% (70% I feel personally). However, that last 30% of a "big game" is still a lot of ground to cover.

4) Hashimoto saying in response to E3 2014 question: "it's a surprise", If it wasn't going to be there, don't you think for a company that it's easier to say no for a E3 2014 showing, than it is to say yes to a FFXV showing? He said "it's a surprise" like he wants us to think it's coming this E3 all the while saying basically that " we have a surprise waiting for you." Why would you say " Hey it's a surprise" and then it's not at E3? That's some surprise eh? I am trying to read between the lines, like his expression while saying it, he makes it feel like " Should I tell them?" but just says "It's a surprise to cover it up".

5) Hashimoto says at the PS4 Launch in Japan that they are preparing new info for FFXV and that it will meet expectations. When saying "meet expectations" kinda sets the bar really high, like it's going to be information we want to hear ( AKA release window, new info about the game etc. Now the only 2 big conventions coming up are E3 and TGS. Something that will "meet expectations" would have to " in a marketing standpoint" have to be at one of those 2 Expos.

Anyways those are my reasons as to why I think it's come this year.
You're forgetting about a major thing too. Yoshida, the producer of FFXIV, stated 2014 will be the year of FFXIV. I think that's something to take into consideration as well. ;)

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Nope. Some of us are just looking at the whole picture being realistic about it. Doesn't mean we're right of course.
I'm not saying we are, but some of us also rely on arguments to say the game isn't going to show up, not only pessimism. When it comes to this game, no one seems to be right, so there's that. Don't take my lack of faith wrong; I'd love to be proven wrong. Of course I want the game to show up, who doesn't?

Arcana

Yevonite
Sep 28, 2013
Why can't I use it? It looks cool, so I wanna use it :/.

I also didn't know you had it. ( I really don't look at the avatars, so I'm sorry that I took it). However, it is cool looking so I am keeping it there.
It's common courtesy to not use someone else's avatar. It also causes confusion as to who is posting.

But whatever. Do what you have to do.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
It's common courtesy to not use someone else's avatar. It also causes confusion as to who is posting.

But whatever. Do what you have to do.
I wish there were other one's I liked ( from the google search)

*Just had to learn about shrinking the file size by using paint, so now I can do any picture I want* ( Just trying to avoid problems, even though I did like the picture)

Sep 26, 2013
E3 is not really for the fans. It's a retailer event and that’s the primary focus.

Final Fantasy XV was shown last year to promote the PS4. It wasn’t really about pleasing the fans who have been waiting 8 years for this game. It was about getting people excited for the PS4 and its future so that they would go out and buy one at launch. Showing a powerful IP like Final Fantasy is great way to do that.

They did the exact same thing with Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII back at E3 2006. Those two titles were shown early to help promote the PS3.

If you ever wondered why fans end up being disappointed with press conferences, it’s because they’re not designed for them. Of course, it’s a bonus if they end up showing something you’re looking forward to though. However, E3 is about showcasing upcoming products to retailers. It's about trying to get those order numbers up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 29, 2013
That would be true under the circumstances that the game isn't ready to undergo a marketing campaign yet. The key to creating interest from consumers lies in advertising, the timing, and the consistency of it. I don't believe the intended purpose and social purpose to be mutually exclusive. It would be folly to discount E3's potential as a launching pad for any big game in terms of a marketing campaign.