Final Fantasy XV Demo Presentation by Tabata

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jun 7, 2014
Poland
After watching the demo again, I noticed something that previously escaped my attention.
Prompto's face got redesigned. He looks a bit more masculine now (or at least less girly). Hairstyle reminds me of Cloud's from Advent Children.

imho a change for the better

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
He honestly looks like a jackass in both designs, lol.

I'm use to him though thanks to his voice. As that is Simon from TTGL.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Yeah, he has a manlier face now, which is something I appreciate. I also hate him less now, even if he still looks obnoxious lol. His hair makes him way too similar to Cloud, though...

And regarding that, the same goes for Noctis I think, he has darker and less delicate features than before. Or maybe I'm imagining things xD. Now, if only his hair were less goofy...

And oh, since I was just browsing GAF:

The difference is HUGE. Even bigger than I remembered. Not only the face or the hair, but the clothes: before, they were too bland and simple, now they look like they're made from actual materials, with those reflections, the fluffiness of it, the clearer details...

And it seems somewhat interactive now: when he moves his head around his neck, it doesn't clip through the collar, but moves it in a realistic way. So, so good, SE really need an engine like this, so hopefully it's as good as it seems to be.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Noctis looks exactly like his 2011 CG self. Like they pulled back the design. But I don't mind since the quality is amazing.

Jul 29, 2014
Miami
After watching the demo again, I noticed something that previously escaped my attention.
Prompto's face got redesigned. He looks a bit more masculine now (or at least less girly). Hairstyle reminds me of Cloud's from Advent Children.

imho a change for the better
Yeah, his face looks a bit more mischievous, which I would assume to match his character's persona. His eyes seem to have a bit more depth to them, and he looks less anime.

I agree, the change is for the better.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
He honestly looks like a jackass in both designs, lol.
Can't argue that.:chocowalk:

And regarding that, the same goes for Noctis I think, he has darker and less delicate features than before. Or maybe I'm imagining things xD. Now, if only his hair were less goofy...
Yeah, it seems so. There's definitely a difference.
But as much as I dislike male characters having feminine faces, I don't mind goofy hair.:p A day when japanese developers abandon crazy anime hairstyles would be a sad day...

The difference is HUGE. Even bigger than I remembered. Not only the face or the hair, but the clothes: before, they were too bland and simple, now they look like they're made from actual materials, with those reflections, the fluffiness of it, the clearer details...
It does look great, but I'm a bit skeptical about whether the final version will look like that. Keep in mind they didn't run the demo on an actual PS4 setup.
But let's hope for the best

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
Yeah, he has a manlier face now, which is something I appreciate. I also hate him less now, even if he still looks obnoxious lol. His hair makes him way too similar to Cloud, though...

And it seems somewhat interactive now: when he moves his head around his neck, it doesn't clip through the collar, but moves it in a realistic way. So, so good, SE really need an engine like this, so hopefully it's as good as it seems to be.
wow big difference.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
It does look great, but I'm a bit skeptical about whether the final version will look like that. Keep in mind they didn't run the demo on an actual PS4 setup.
I don't think it'll be an issue when looking at games like Infamous and GTA5 Remaster. Also, the trailer supposedly runs on PS4 and is very close to it. Tabata also expects the quality to increase by the time the demo is out.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Indeed, but they didn't specify whether it was a devkit or no, right? I'm assuming it was a PC as well, since it's being developed there and then ported.

I can't wrap my head around how good it looks and how confident they seem on boosting the quality of the graphics even further (Luminous isn't still fully integrated). So consider me cautiously optimistic regarding visuals, I think they'll be able to achieve a similar level at the very least. Now, resolution and framerate...

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
When it transitions to Luminous, I'm sure it'll look better. It's definitely doable on console. They haven't exactly lied about this and admitted quite easily the E32013 trailer was a target render and besides Tabata said this:
Yesterday, we heard from the moogle that he wanted us to show more actual gameplay from FFXV. So, how should I say this... I was a bit surprised at the public reaction because several people were asking me "Is this trailer pre-rendered?". Because of that, we are now adding this surprise segment to show you more actual gameplay from the demo.
The concern is with the resolution. I hope it's 1080P and that's what they're optimizing.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Yeah, looks possible, but I guess it's the ambition and scale the game supposedly has that makes me doubt a little. The resolution and framerate is my main concern, too. I don't want another 900p or even lower game, we're in 2014, please.

Jul 29, 2014
Miami
So consider me cautiously optimistic regarding visuals, I think they'll be able to achieve a similar level at the very least. Now, resolution and framerate...
That's where hardware limitations come into play, unfortunately. But I do believe they're using a mod PS4 devkit, with the PS4 controller. Hopefully, they do take care of the occasional slowdown I watched during that demo.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
But, they showed a DS4, didn't they just run it on a debug console or soemthing?

Noctis looks exactly how he does in the CGI trailers from the past in the new demo, what you see from the E3 trailer was rushed target renders, that's why he looks so weird, and the focus is never on his face to see what he looks like, because it lacks so much detail.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
What if Square Enix decides to go all 90s and divide the game between 2 or 3 disc so that it can achieve a good performance (60fps/1080p) on both consoles without sacrificing graphical level in design? I would stand for something like that if it was necessary. Of course, a PC version wouldn't need any of that.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
What if Square Enix decides to go all 90s and divide the game between 2 or 3 disc so that it can achieve a good performance (60fps/1080p) on both consoles without sacrificing graphical level in design? I would stand for something like that if it was necessary. Of course, a PC version wouldn't need any of that.
Pointless. It's not 90s anymore and blu-ray discs have even more than enough capacity. Any potential problems with performance derive from consoles' hardware limitations (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.).

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
Pointless. It's not 90s anymore and blu-ray discs have even more than enough capacity. Any potential problems with performance derive from consoles' hardware limitations (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.).
Yeah, you're right. I was thinking it about about leaving more disk space for textures and maps, but what you say is more probably. That means that the best version of the game would be PC port of the game, though it would need a high-end gaming PC to unlock all of its potential, I think.