1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV E3 2013 Trailer Discussion

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Squirrel Emperor, Sep 26, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

So what do you think? What excites you? What worries you? What disappoints you? The game has been in development for a while now so expectations are pretty high. Are you satisfied with what you have seen so far?

Final Fantasy XV E3 Trailer

Final Fantasy XV E3 Gameplay Footage

2. AuroraXIII

AuroraXIII PSICOM Soldier

Only a few things I'm worried about.

The first is that I have a feeling Ignis no longer mains a katana in favour of Cor.

Another is that the stunning Behemoth design from the 2011 trailer is seemingly removed.
    But hopefully the case is that FFXV will actually feature several designs of Behemoth.

And also, I'm not happy with Stella's latest design. But I'll reserve proper judgment until we see her in motion again.

3. Squirrel Emperor

The images they showed of her in the trailer interested me cause it looked like two different people. One shot looked like she had short hair (the vertical shot) and the other looked young. I took the two images we had of her and put this together to get a better idea of what her whole entire face looks like.

[​IMG]

Think it's safe to say that the real-time model from the 1st PD trailer is what they'll be using cause the two pictures show some similarities.

Did the same with green eyed chick.

[​IMG]

4. Zack

Zack Somniac Staff Member Moderator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

Personally, my feelings towards FFXV are placid at best. It's been in development for so long and it's been talked up to the point of ad nauseum. I'll still play it when it comes out, and I will always look forward to a new proper Final Fantasy game, but I don't think I have as strong as an attachment as I used to. This even after seeing the trailer at E3 in person surrounded by many excited people.

5. Stealth

Stealth Red Wings Commander

My feelings are of indifference. I am a turn based main line FF fan. Without it. My interest waned

And who knows when this game will release

6. Zerox20

Zerox20 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Site Staff

I agree with you here. Its awesome to read about, look at pretty trailers but with no faith in Square Enix at this point to deliver anything on time, no point in getting hyped. When it comes out I am sure it will be great, enjoyable and a throwback to what made Final Fantasy games awesome.

7. Reverse Vampire

Reverse Vampire PSICOM Soldier

[​IMG]

Basically my (only) response of Versus (now XV) appearing during the livestream of this year's E3 event. And boy, it does not disappoint one bit.

AuroraXIII likes this.
  8. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

What worries me? That the game will have high expectations, both by the development team and by the general public; and it may result in a wave of massive disappointment. I'm still hyped for it though. Very hyped.

Sapientia likes this.
  9. Zack

Will? It has had high expectations for about 7 years now. No matter what they put out, many people will be disappointed. It's impossible to clear the bar they set for themselves by taking so long.

10. AuroraXIII

Nah, I think it's possible. Even the E3 trailer exceeded my ridiculous expectations.

Reverse Vampire likes this.
  11. Squirrel Emperor

Putting together a good trailer is one of SE’s strengths. After all, this company highly values amazing visuals and presentation. It’s what they’re known for.. But like with all trailers, they’re intended purpose is to get people excited and interested in a product. They’re supposed to lure you in. However, that doesn’t mean the end product itself will be good. That said, I can't say I'm all too surprised people are excited for it.

My only concern right now is that the game looks like a button masher. Yeah, there are these 'gimmicks' and vertical battles, but we’ll see. As long as it doesn't feel repetitive and it is covered up, then it's all good.

And after so many years in development, I have to wonder if the game will be all it's cracked up to be? Games don't tend to be this good with such a long development time. It screams a 2015 release and if it hits May 2015, that will be 9 years since the E3 2006 announcement.

Sapientia likes this.
  12. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Red Wings Commander

Was FFXV being developed by the Kingdom Hearts team? Or something about using the same engine as the KH series. I was half unconcious from seeing the KH3 teaser.

13. Kagari

Kagari 神羅カンパニー社長 Staff Member Administrator Site Staff

I am approaching it with caution after being burned by the original FF13 trailers.

14. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

It is never wise to hold very high expectations for a game. History is a teacher and we are still stubborn to see otherwise.

15. Zack

She had that sweet finger-snapping ability that mysteriously vanished minutes into the game.

16. Dollow

Dollow Yevonite

I played the demo for Type-0 on PSP way back in the day, and that felt really good and that was more or less a button masher too, but it also had other things going for it where you were casting magic and other things too, so if FFXV is a bit like that I will be happy, you know what I mean?

17. AuroraXIII

This is a Nomura, Tabata, Nozue, and Nojima project we're talking about. Have faith!

I wasn't so burned by FFXIII as much as everyone else. My hype for it was decreasing closer and closer to release. I got less excited every time they revealed a lame addition to the cast and every time they broadcasted a trailer that showed no exploration; always just melodrama and combat. It was only the original target render PV that got me hyped.

18. Chaos

Chaos PSICOM Soldier

I'm excited for the game, it looks really interesting to me and the game play so far reminds me a of Crisis Core as well as Dishonored a bit (at least with that blink jumping around). Really want to see how this story folds out now that it's Final Fantasy XV, and how a world exists with subways and behemoths walking around in them. Well that thing looked like a subway or some underground transit thing.

19. Kagari

Kagari 神羅カンパニー社長 Staff Member Administrator Site Staff

And it was that original target render that was a complete lie.

20. Stealth

Stealth Red Wings Commander

If Gilgamesh turns up in 15? well, that would be pretty damn sweet

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!