Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Waiting for 3 months in between DLC episodes to play for 2 hours, geez, whats wrong with them?
And 2 more months for new announcements, really annoying :(
There's extra missions in the DLC so the play time is extended if you do those on top of the 2 hour main story.

Edit: anyone got a link to the livestream?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I like the key art. I'll bet that costume is going to be available in the main game.

@Slaintimez thanks for the stream link.

I just skimmed through it and it seemed mostly uneventful save for the Episode Prompto part.

I wonder what extra stuff they're going to add?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
"why cant i control prompto like in Versus anymore whyyyyyyy"

"FF is now a shooter? LOL"

there's no salvation for those
Yeah there's just no winning no matter what they do at this point :/

The people complaining about it being a shooter obviously didn't see that epic neck break and roundhouse kick Prompto did.

Very unexpected but in a good way. Go Prompto lol

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I think Prompto may need his own game. I nearly fell outta my chair when he took that selfie under enemy fire. His gameplay also looks fairly engaging has a simplified MGS game so I am very much on board with this latest episode.

Moreover, do the people complaining about the shooter gameplay not remember Dirge of Cerberus? Not the first time for the series.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
View attachment 774

Wonder what those dipshits will spew with Episode Ignis.
Going by what we know so far, it was said they wanted to make it puzzle like to go with Ignis' character.

Seeing as it will require a brain to play, I'm guessing some people won't be liking that idea.

"Too hard, I want my guns and swords" argument will probably come up a few times.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Oh, a nice little detail I liked in the E3 Universe trailer. Around 2:21, there's a beautiful design that appears for a few seconds. A lovely eye shape with the sun at its centre.

Confirmed via livestream that there will be more significant content additions to the universe announced in Gamescom.

Anyhow, Episode Prompto footage was the biggest highlight from it, was hoping they'd share more stuff of the Survey results but i guess they are preparing something for it later.
Definitely agree with that. Also, Gamescom seems fitting as it was there they "relaunched" XV's promotional campaign back in 2015. It could also be their way of making up for their self-admitted lackluster showing there with the game at that time.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Indeed, also forgot that the survey's deadline is at the end of this month, so we should probably have more info on it much afterwards.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

new clip, much better quality, you can hear the music ;)

not gonna lie tho, at times it looks like a cheap third-person shooter (in terms of design and mechanics), decent enough i'd say; the bazooka is amazing, would die if they carried out into the main game.

edit:

Monster Deep VR nominated Best of E3 from IGN:
https://twitter.com/FFXVJP/status/875269351741444096

huh

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Considering where and when Episode Prompto takes place, it's enough to cover what happens during that time for Prompto by itself I'd say.

Haven't played many third person shooter games aside from Resident Evil and Silent Hill 2 but this seems similar to those games.

I mean, how else could you play a third person shooting game?