1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by LeonBlade, Jan 18, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

they could add a datalog with world/characters/locations information

Jubileus and SonOfEtro like this.
  2. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

The bestiary is very cool. It does highlight the less-than-flattering comparison to FFXII, where the lore and world-building were hidden in hundreds of text entries.

The Assassins Creed DLC (never played any of those games) has some great ideas that I hope are incorporated into more full-featured expansions.

Storm likes this.
  3. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Jubileus and Storm like this.
  4. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

honestly speaking, this event is better than anything related to lestalum on the main game (quests, mechanics, music, npcs,...), which is kind of sad, they really put a respectable effort here.

patch 1.15 (including AC event) is the best update for the game so far.

5. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Definitely my new favorite festival of the bunch, they truly bought in more life to Lestallum interaction-wise.

EDIT: Full transcript of the fan event Q/A apparently.

Final Fantasy XV dev team discusses potential new story content

http://www.finalfantasy.net/xv/fina...sses-potential-story-content-clarifies-games/

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Bazztek and Storm like this.
  6. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

"FFXV team: Ah well, you know, we created Pitioss as a mystery, a puzzle to be solved by the player. The idea for it came up very late into the development, too, in fact, the design was finished just nearing our deadline. We wanted to create something mysterious and magical, no ones knows where it came from or what it is exactly, that’s why in the game it’s in a place no one would find it."

Wow im surprised pitioss was added later in development, it's one of the highlights of the game and one of the best dungeons i've ever played; kudos for the team behind it.

also nice that joining the base game with the dlc episodes is being considered, many games already do that you know lol

edit:

really enjoyed the ost

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  7. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

Haven't played the assassins dlc yet but am greatly looking forward to it after reading the positive reception for it.

Props to the person who asked those questions!

I'm actually mildly disappointed that the team never even thought about putting all the content into one immersive game once everything is all said and done until a fan brought it up.

I mean I thought that was pretty standard. What with GOTY editions and all that for lots of games out there.

I guess the programming for that would be so complex that it never crossed their minds?

Storm likes this.
  8. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

The Witcher 3, DA: Inquisition, Bloodborne and Dark Souls (just giving an example with big AAA action-RPGs) included the dlcs on the main game by default, they were accessible inside the base game.

having everything fragmented when you can put all the episodes together is a waste imo.

Jubileus likes this.
  9. Jubileus

Yeah they need to form all the disjointed content together to form one immersive experience.

That would be one strategy to get people to buy the game again. I know I would.

If other game companies did it, then I'm sure Square can too. The team are talented enough with tech to make it happen.

Now that is a nice track. I'm really liking the idea that they're creating new tracks for every DLC that's coming out. More to add to my playlist.

10. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Bazztek, Paperchampion23 and Storm like this.
  11. T.O.T

T.O.T Clan Centurio Member

12. Jubileus

Don't worry. A fan out there will translate it and post it online.

T.O.T likes this.
  13. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

Or reporters. Nowadays several sites are quite on the ball when it comes to major game news from Japan. And FFXV is major, even now.

14. Jubileus

Alright so I'm playing the Assassin's festival right now. Haven't finished it yet and I have to say...

This is so dope!

It's quite fun and it's funny seeing the guys dressed like this, running around being excited.

Interesting convos by the NPC's too.

Such as
    two guys conversing where one is saying how cute Prompto is and the other wants to approach him and ask about his camera.

Lady talks about Gladio's eagle tattoo and how scary he looks.

Another kid talks about how Ignis kept staring at the Walk of faith or whatever it's called

Really enjoying it so far.

Edit: just finished it. Enjoyable for what is is :)

15. Jubileus

Something occurred to me. I remember that one of the complaints for the game was even though the Empire was after Noctis, it never felt like he was in danger throughout the game.

We were able to go anywhere without the Empire being a threat.

The magitech being present throughout the festival is the devs way of introducing the element of danger and Noctis being hunted into the game.

That's how I see it.

How would you guys like it if the MT's were present like this in the actual game?

Edit: So I just played the final battle again. Can someone else confirm something for me, so that I know it's not just me who noticed these?

Did they fix the proportion for older Noctis's head? It used to be large before but I think they made it more proportional. I haven't played this game in ages so if someone else can see this, then the devs must've fixed it.

Not only that but the fire effects look more sharp and brighter than I remembered them for Ifrit.

Finally, you can see green smog (the Starscourge?) at times when you're fighting Ifrit, and just before he appears for the first time on his throne. It's very subtle, but the effect is there. Was that there before?

16. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23 PSICOM Soldier

God, just doing a playable Kingsglaive adaption and adapting brotherhood into cutscenes would already make way the story is told 10x better. That is in fact weird that is more related to KG than anything else. I'm excited either way. That and Monster Hunter have me pumped for TGS this year.

17. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Bazztek and Storm like this.
  18. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

i'd rather have additional story instead of an adaptation of events that we already seen, tbh but it would be great for sure.

i think if they do decide to make part of insomnia explorable, there's a lot of room to bring story content (there's that novel about the bros before parting from insomnia, the scene with regis holding noctis and crying...)

edit:

put that in the car's radio/mp3 dammit

SonOfEtro likes this.
  19. Bazztek

Bazztek PSICOM Soldier

If SE aren't the ones to do it I could see people trying to do it via mods to turn Brotherhood into ingame cutscenes and Kingsglaive into in game events, same with recreating the Parting Ways prologue as cutscenes, though for Brotherhood and Parting Ways there'd only be Japanese audio.

This person already accompanied the Parting Ways audio with some image references.

20. T.O.T

T.O.T Clan Centurio Member

This would be something I"d pass on. 95% of the time when an English version is available, I'll listen to that instead. So playing something switching languages like that would throw me off lol.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!