1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by LeonBlade, Jan 18, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Not sure if I'm hallucinating but my eyes think 2013 Noctis had (slightly) larger bangs than 2016 Noctis.

2. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xvs-wild-secret-dungeon-was-designed-by-o-1802126474

"If, like me, your favorite part of Final Fantasy XV was the mind-boggling Pitioss Ruins, here is a fun fact: It was designed by one person, according to director Hajime Tabata.

Speaking with me in Seattle at PAX West last weekend, Tabata said he was surprised when I told him that I loved the Pitioss Ruins, a puzzle-platforming dungeon that feels like nothing else in Final Fantasy XV. “You’re a little bit different from others for liking that dungeon,” he said, speaking through a translator. Then he laughed. “I couldn’t clear it.

To design the Pitioss Ruins—which was originally intended to be a more standard endgame dungeon—Tabata recruited an artist named Nakamura, who had previously worked on textures for Final Fantasy XV. “The way he thinks is just so unique, that he has his own world, so to speak,” Tabata said. “We felt like that final dungeon would be great if it was something unexpected... And so we allowed that guy to run free with his ideas and create the dungeon as he liked.”

To illustrate the depths of Nakamura’s bizarre creativity, Tabata explained that when they were originally brainstorming concepts for the summon Ramuh, Nakamura had a unique suggestion. First you’d see a set of clouds, and then they’d break open, and Ramuh’s face would start descending from the sky and make its way toward you. “We weren’t sure how he’d end up attacking, if that’s how he appeared,” Tabata said. “Ultimately we didn’t go with that idea, obviously, and we have Ramuh as he is now. But that’s how extreme [Nakamura’s] creativity was.”

While playing through the Pitioss Ruins, which is only accessible once you’ve completed the game, you have to execute precise platforming jumps and solve some difficult puzzles. There’s no combat, and in fact your three party members stay outside while you go through the dungeon. Noctis has to handle it all by himself, which makes for some beautiful moments as you jump through darkness and dodge dangerous obstacles that can’t be found anywhere else in the game. Not everyone loves it—Final Fantasy XV’s controls were not exactly designed for platforming—but I found it incredible.

At one point, however, Tabata and his team almost made it normal. “There were discussions about aligning the direction of the dungeon with some of the others in the game,” he said. “That said, when you really think back on Final Fantasy, it’s never been measured by one angle or one direction, so to speak. There’s been a variety of approaches and methods. And that’s how the creators have always worked together to develop the series. And so ultimately they just decided that this may be another kind of offering within the game itself. And it just might be alright.”

When I asked, Tabata shot down that one bonkers theory about Pitioss Ruins’ story, adding that there are aspects of Final Fantasy XV’s background lore that will be explained in future downloadable content. He was amused when I told him they should add more platformer dungeons to the game. “I’m relieved to hear that you liked the dungeon,” Tabata said.

wow give this nakamura guy a promotion asap.

also more background lore incoming

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  3. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

4. Bazztek

Bazztek PSICOM Soldier

Interestingly enough they still use the left side CG render in the game menu.

Nova likes this.
  5. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

They even use it as one of the photo frame options too (the bros' included), which i found really cool.

6. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

i was thinking about episode luna, and it might suck if they choose to follow her story in the present time instead of her past before KG/FFXV, because that would mean no tenebrae.

7. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Having Tenebrae in Episode Luna would definitely be a nice excuse to explore the area, thats for sure. The question would be whether or not the entire episode would take place in that setting or no.

Storm likes this.
  8. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

indeed, i think it would be awesome if you could explore a bit of tenebrae and be able to take the train to explore tiny bits of the second continent with gentiana at your side, seeing luna in her own "mini-adventure".

present time would be boring on paper, but it would be a very nice opportunity to learn more about the astrals.

edit:

https://bestclips.org/final-fantasy-xv-flythrough-of-niflheim-on-ver-110_8e859012c.html

this guy keep checking niflheim to see if there's any update haha, fuck it hurts
    wonder if there's any chance they'll launch a remaster "definitive" version for PS5 or PS6, one can dream ç_ç tho i expect modders to be fond of this area.

edit2: btw i just noticed now that carbuncle is actually referred as a messenger in-game.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    Somber and Nova like this.
  9. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

He is? Refresh my memory because I don't remember where it was mentioned. How interesting. I wasn't sure what he was before lol

10. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

it's in his car paint description, makes sense since carbuncle isn't mentioned on the cosmogony, and hexatheon means only 6 astrals.

edit:

https://twitter.com/_bazztek/status/906211450342883334

[​IMG]

Bazztek, Nova and Jubileus like this.
  11. Jubileus

[QUOTE="Storm, post: 55642, When I asked, Tabata shot down that one bonkers theory about Pitioss Ruins’ story, adding that there are aspects of Final Fantasy XV’s background lore that will be explained in future downloadable content. [/QUOTE]

Now I'm curious as to what he means by background lore.

Ardyn? Astrals? Solheim? Lucii?

Oooh I so wanna know >.<

SonOfEtro likes this.
  12. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

why not both.gif

since ardyn's story happens at the very beginning of the Lucis kingdom we might see more about the Lucii, and understand a bit more about the crystal, how the dynasty works and so on...

anyway i never noticed about this distinction between the oracle/messengers role.

"Just like the Oracle speaks to the gods for the people, the Messengers speak to the people for the gods."
    —Noctis Lucis Caelum

basically the oracle speaks to the gods so they can know the will of the people, while messengers role is the other way around.

also since we know Pryna died, we can infer messengers can die and the other 21 were already dead before the story (maybe some were killed in that battle against Naflgar). I hope we can learn more about them.

edit:

interesting survey about FFXV's dlc

Jubileus likes this.
  13. Jubileus

True. If that's the case then it's all a matter of tying the stories together seamlessly in a way where it makes sense and is intriguing.

Nice find for finding out the distinction. I didn't really think too much about the roles of the Messengers too much until you brought it up.

Yeah judging from Naglfar's bestiary entry, he probably wiped them out. I can see why. He's a tough mofo.

Seeing a cutscene of that fight would be pretty awesome.

14. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

That doesn't ring true to me. If the original Messengers died, wouldn't the Astrals just create or choose others to replace them?

In any case, the Bestiary entries show we've only seen the bare minimum of the Cosmogony. Now eager to read more.

15. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

it's stated their number is 24, like a fixed quantity (talking about pryna, i think the fact she jumped from insomnia to tenebrae in brotherhood can be explained by her being a supernatural dog).

edit:

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/final-fa...s-vr-content-potential-pc-port-weekly-famitsu

In the movie there were areas that you couldn’t go to in the game. Will the amount of areas increase?

Tabata: “Those videos made use of glitches. There is a large map being used on the train route in the second half of the game. Since that area isn’t completely made, opening it up as an area you can freely traverse is difficult as is.

“We might remake playable areas in future expansions, but since that would take a year, it is not currently in our plans. For argument’s sake, if we were to prepare new fields, Insomnia would also be a candidate, but that also would take a year’s worth of work.”

https://www.finalfantasy.net/xv/fin...sses-potential-story-content-clarifies-games/

Audience: I would really like to know more about Insomnia. Like, at the beginning of the game it’s established they have an own currency, since the guys don’t know what gil are? I’d just really like to be able to stroll through the city and see the culture and everything…

FFXV team: (laughs) Ok, so an Insomnia-DLC? *Everybody laughs and cheers* Or a game like Civilization maybe? I’d like to play that, too! (laughs) Well, actually a lot of people have already been asking questions about Insomnia, so maybe we really should do something about that. We just don’t know how – like, should it be part of a DLC? Of a character-episode?

Audience: Hell yeah Insomnia Shopping Simulator!!

FFXV team: (laughs) No, but really, if you guys have any ideas as to how to implement that, go on and let me know!

old interviews but this gives me hope lol i honestly don't know how they should implement it tho.

Jubileus likes this.
  16. Jubileus

Damn it sounds like those things take up a lot of time (1 year at most).

The issue is whether upper management will even allow the team to continue working on the game for that long, with budget allocation being another issue as well.

I agree that it sounds very interesting and exciting but I'm gonna wait and see.

Oooh I'd be so happy if they did give the team more time and money though!

As for implementation, I'm ok with Niflheim and Insonnia not being large areas. They don't have to be large expanses of land. Small, detailed yet purposeful areas where story scenes can be delivered is where it's at for me.

ultima786 likes this.
  17. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23 PSICOM Soldier

The Famitsu interview is from February so they could have very well already started working on things like this. Comrades, in my personal opinion, probably will have some significant new places to explore.

This is where I think Northern Lucis might come into play since it was available in the main story. Last week Storm posted that GDC tech video. The 2017 portion of this video had rendered the wall from kingsglaive in game. That wall exists in Northern Lucis. Several of those 2017 features are already in the game or confirmed to be coming

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  18. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

19. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23 PSICOM Soldier

Wait what are they saying about Sept. 16th? Something about a Collaboration? Its weird that they keep advertising Kingsglaive with new material.
    Edit: Ah, might be part of the SE cafe collaboration. Probably nothing game related.

20. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

weird, any translations?

ultima786 likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!