1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by LeonBlade, Jan 18, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

English is a very awkward language. It requires so much space to explain stuff. Compared to German which can condense a concept into a single word, and Japanese which can use maybe two characters to communicate a sentence which would be twice as long in English.

Jubileus likes this.
  2. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

the latest patch is not filler since it provided new information, if you disliked it its ok.

also, since you took your time to tell the "vague" and "indistinct" story of the astrals, please tell us the "descriptive" story of FFVI, FFVII and FFX summons, or even FFXIII eidolons; looking forward to it!

3. GodOfAllBimpy

GodOfAllBimpy Stiltzkin's Apprentice

1 i'm not talking about Summons. I'm talking about lore. History. Events. The context behind the ongoing journey. I used the patch's voiceover slideshow as an example.

first off, this backstory covers 2 minutes and 40 seconds. the final telling of the WHO WHAT WHERE WHY WHEN AND HOW behind only 2... only 2.. only 2 again TWO out of 6 Astrals. and at most those 2 end up as quotable as any God you can find in a God & Goddess description generator. during the duration of it, what do I learn? randomness. contradictory information stuffed in there faster than a cactuar running. look at the picture of the Astral war posted here. Aside from the two noticeable Astrals it explains nothing! cool without a purpose for the greater narrative.

now I can go into what happens in other titles. I can go deep. And all deep means I won't sound like a first time Game Master clueless about concepts like worldbuilding. not a shit ton of information to compete with Iteven Erikson and Ian C Esslemont. i just dont want to feel brain dead when consuming facts about what happens in a setting

4. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

summons are part of the lore, history and events of many FF titles.

the who/what/where/why/how is not entirely necessary to the main narrative, a few guidelines is what most FF presents (see FFVI, the war of the magi lacks the descriptive information you want, i'd say its even more random, or Jenova's motivation in FFVII "of cooourse im a evil alien that wants to suck the life of the planet" so original).

of course it explains, it gives a lot of context to the character of Ifrit, adding more meaning and context to his fight and his final scene with shiva; now he's not an end boss that appear from nowhere, not anymore, along with a few other things; the explanation might not be cool for you, but it's an explanation that adds something to the main narrative.

my final point is that the lore (which was one of my point of criticism when i first played the game) is less basic than it was before this update and bestiary, its getting better and more nuanced; FFXV lore concepts are nothing revolutionary but the vital information is there.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Alekzan, Bazztek and Nova like this.
  5. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

I’d say you should wait until all the story updates are done and production is concluded for good before writing off the story.

That way, once all the pieces are in place, the conclusion one comes to is more accurate... but that’s just me.

FFChocobo18 likes this.
  6. Bazztek

Bazztek PSICOM Soldier

Looks like one of Pez's minions found his way here and is spouting his drivel.

I like the part where you don't actually make an actual argument and just spout blanket statements without actually backing anything up.

Alekzan likes this.
  7. Jubileus

Guys... holy shit the difference between the English and Japanese translation for the story update with Shiva is massive.

Here are some more translations.

The Japanese translation is more personal, gives Shiva personality, explains the War more clearly, and is better overall imo.

It sucks that localisation causes issues sometimes ><

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/75830848/887654196

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/75830848/887654337

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/75830848/887654485

SonOfEtro and FFChocobo18 like this.
  8. FFChocobo18

FFChocobo18 Balamb Garden Freshman

I find both translations great equally, although, the Japanese one sounds like it could've explained better.

9. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

10. Jubileus

And so the fanart and fanficion begins lol

Well, this is the first time summons fall in love in the FF series so I get the hype surrounding it.

They make a good couple if I do say so myself.

Nova, Storm, SonOfEtro and 1 other person like this.
  11. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

Storm and Lulcielid like this.
  12. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-11-finishing-final-fantasy-15

really interesting interview about his experience developing the game.
    hard not to respect this guy, also his next project will use luminous engine... anyway, that was one of the best interviews with tabata i read, the full interview (didn't posted all the interesting bits because it's too much) is in that link.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Jenova, Jubileus, Bazztek and 5 others like this.
  13. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Really great read.

So Regalia Type-D actually WAS intended to be in the game day one, rather than only due to feedback. Makes a lot of sense really.

14. Noctis_Caelum

Noctis_Caelum PSICOM Soldier

What I really like is that Noctis looks just like the earlier promotional poster back in Versus XIII.
    FINAL FANTASY XV_20170113201352.jpg
    [​IMG]

Also I played chapter 14 again and I noticed that Noctis in his CG scene has the same camera perspective and body position like Stella.
    So just random or a bit fan service? ;)
    FINAL FANTASY XV_20171011204627.jpg
    [​IMG]

And did someone captured these 2 screenshots in the game, because I only have this as a video and these appears only a few frames.
    I want it in HD for a new wallpaper.^^
    FINAL FANTASY XV_20171011211119.jpg
    FINAL FANTASY XV_20171011211142.jpg

Jubileus, Bazztek, Nova and 1 other person like this.
  15. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

wow thats pretty awesome.

man thinking about it
    the ending was so dark, i mean there's a fucking creepy ritual sacrifice where the father ends up killing his son...

16. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

There is also....well.....

......these.
    20171012_000131.jpg

17. Jubileus

Hard not to sympathise with the guys at SE over what’s gone down with this game.

I mean, there are some people out there who say “As consumers that’s not our problem what goes on behind the scenes. We only care about the end product.”

They’ve got a point.

However I am of the belief that that context matters.

Consciously knowing that time was against them and they were doing the best they can with what they have is what stops me from turning into a gigantic douch nozzle about the whole thing.

18. T.O.T

T.O.T Clan Centurio Member

It's things like this that can discourage developers from being open about their projects with the ups and downs that they have had. A lot of people that play games have very unrealistic expectations, which just leads to higher chances of creating a toxic environment. While technology has on the one had allowed things to be more detailed, it has at the same time increased the development time as well.

Jubileus, Storm and Nova like this.
  19. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

I like this. After all, at the end of the day -- it's only a video game.

Jubileus and Storm like this.
  20. T.O.T

T.O.T Clan Centurio Member

How dare you. FFXV isn't just a video game; it's love and life. I will look for you. I will find you....and I will make you play FFXV.

Jubileus and Storm like this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!