Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
"The survey had a huge number of votes for a Ardyn Episode, but to do a E.Ardyn, that means the further expand on the story and background of the world in the game. So they first will properly expand on that to connect to Ardyn."

"They had first announced that they had plans for about 3 DLC episodes by the end of next year, but instead they will focus on each update and DLC at a time and solidify them before moving onto the next."

"This is the last ATR, but they will not stop communicating and giving information to the fans, this ATR format will end, but a new format will start."

OMG i'm in tears

if they do all this right XV might end up one of my fav FF titles, the base game was already solid.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
"The survey had a huge number of votes for a Ardyn Episode, but to do a E.Ardyn, that means the further expand on the story and background of the world in the game. So they first will properly expand on that to connect to Ardyn."

"They had first announced that they had plans for about 3 DLC episodes by the end of next year, but instead they will focus on each update and DLC at a time and solidify them before moving onto the next."

"This is the last ATR, but they will not stop communicating and giving information to the fans, this ATR format will end, but a new format will start."

OMG i'm in tears

if they do all this right XV might end up one of my fav FF titles, the base game was already solid.
I'm excited about Episode Ardyn, I'm already looking forward to that, I can't wait to see who else gets DLC episodes, I would assume Lunafreya could get her own DLC episode as well, as Tabata expressed that desire before. But for the third DLC episode, that's a mystery in itself for me.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Episode Ardyn may have been confirmed to be the start of the next DLC episodes of the next three. Yes, I can't wait! :)
More correctly that they will update the base game surrounding Ardyn's lore before they start creating a DLC for him. He actually may be the last piece of content they do next year.

Edit: Apparently you are right! They plan on doing him first along with some lore updates prior. Thats awesome!!!

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
They also said an update for Comrades will come on December 12th, mainly bug fixing around some quests and also reducing loading times by 10s-30s (depending on the area). to 10s-30s.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Gameplay footage showing character switching.

Footage showing more of Ignis’s fighting skills against Noctis.

I’m reeaaally liking Ignis’s combat skills and mechanics.

Dat speed! Dat magic!

Lol at how Noctis actively tries to kill Ignis by draining him at the end xD
I know, right? Also, Episode Ardyn may be released first out of the next three DLC episodes to be revealed in 2018..

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
The ONLY thing i wish they were more clear about is if we are going to get substantial updates to the main story alongside these new DLC. I'm super glad they are working on new content, but I do hope that they can help deliver the promise and address the problems they brought up with the feedback shown at this ATR, especially with the 2nd half of the game.

What I mean is, I definitely can't wait to play Episode Ardyn, but I do hope they flesh out chapters 9-12 a decent amount more, as well as 14. Potentially adding new areas and playable segments here and there.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
The ONLY thing i wish they were more clear about is if we are going to get substantial updates to the main story alongside these new DLC. I'm super glad they are working on new content, but I do hope that they can help deliver the promise and address the problems they brought up with the feedback shown at this ATR, especially with the 2nd half of the game.

What I mean is, I definitely can't wait to play Episode Ardyn, but I do hope they flesh out chapters 9-12 a decent amount more, as well as 14. Potentially adding new areas and playable segments here and there.
well the lead director of the updates said there will be more of them, Tabata mentioned that they want to flesh out the backstory/world more before releasing Ep Ardyn, and also he said before the story would be the main focus in 2018.

don't know if that will bring new areas, but after character swap, we might have a few surprises along the way...

edit:

so they'll revamp the AI of the bros (since they'll get new moves), wonder if they'll go the Tank/DPS route? a few changes on the ascension grid and additional items is also a probability (bazooka and ammo dropping from nifleheim soldiers?); Ignis gameplay looks sick, lots of magic imbued skills

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
The ONLY thing i wish they were more clear about is if we are going to get substantial updates to the main story alongside these new DLC
They're working on the DLC and updates one at a time going by Shuya's translation.

It seems they really meant it when they said they're focusing on quality.

I think it's better this way. If they don't lay a predetermined map, they can take their time working on each update without their own deadlines stressing them out.

So to answer your question, that's something the team will have to reacess when they get to it, in order to see if it fits the content that they're currently working on.