1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by LeonBlade, Jan 18, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

2. rukloveis

rukloveis Balamb Garden Freshman

[​IMG]
    My girl with Iris.

Storm likes this.
  3. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

That is such a cool piece of art.

Damn @rukloveis that's a pretty attractive character you created. I'm also going to make a female avatar myself.

4. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/75993149

"New hairstyles, clothing, tattoos, etc get unlocked as you progress in the game. You also get more stores in the different outposts you unlock."

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7d2aa8/is_comrades_story_oriented_or_not/

MILD SPOILERS

"It gives updates on characters from Kingsglaive and it gives lore to the history of the world and the myths of the Old Kings. The documents and bios explain some motivations and goals for a few characters a bit more clearly than the game did.

The main story for Comrades is you’re a hunter with some memory loss and you’re tasked with gathering items to power up areas around Eos. Along the way you unlock some history of the world and interact with characters from FFXV who provide updates on their life and situation. It’s nice fanservice."

Noctis_Caelum and SonOfEtro like this.
  5. FFChocobo18

FFChocobo18 Yevonite

You fight Bahamut at the end of Comrades.:

6. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

I wish I hadn't clicked on that spoiler. (My own fault, not @FFChocobo18's)

I'll give it a spin tonight and see what I think. At the least, perhaps there will be more Aranea and Iris. I really liked those characters.

7. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23 Red Wings Commander

VERY interesting. That in itself makes comrades more than worth it. Now that that is the main story, and we know the quests continue after, it leaves me to wonder what else they put into the expansion and plan on updating it with (since we know we will be able to play as the chocobros later)

8. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

launch trailer

libertus won points in my book for this amazing speech, also mild spoilers about the story content (that made me very happy).

9. FFChocobo18

FFChocobo18 Yevonite

Comrades is now out in the US, I'm downloading it.

Cloud_CR and Storm like this.
  10. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

downloading it now, post your character screens later guys

edit: according to one impression, there's a lore datalog in the dlc.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  11. Fireryu

Fireryu Yevonite

well I playing Comrades right now. made myself a amazon.

Storm likes this.
  12. Jubileus

Good speech, great music and the trailer overall was done pretty well.

It’s downloading now for me and gonna play it right after. Taking a look around the web and it’s good to see that the DLC is well received so far.

Most comments are positive and people are having fun with it :)

FFChocobo18 likes this.
  13. FFChocobo18

FFChocobo18 Yevonite

I'm having fun with Comrades as well, it's nice to see some story in there, especially after doing several hunts to grind and stuff, which I had a lot of fun with, and I've beaten Gladiolus, Prompto, and Ignis, and I've put around 7 hours into Comrades so far, with three outposts done, the last one is Gauldin Quay, but I'm going to need to do more missions for meteorshards to give power to the places in the direction of it, but I'm looking forward to that.

Jubileus likes this.
  14. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

ok played around 3 hours, this is really fun and addictive.

battle system flows better than in the main game.

the char creator is simply awesome, and the quality of the character models makes you feel like THE MC (of a next FF game or something).

soundtrack is great.

dig the atmosphere and lestallum looks way more interesting in this state.

just done 2 quests, so there's a lot to uncover yet; happy with the overall quality, also matchmaking was fast no bugs so far.

edit:

new enemy (magic pot)
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOrJMweU8AEbPDP.jpg

edit2:

so its explained in the datalog why the glaves can use magic even after regis death; also talcott is telling all sorts of amazing lore stuff, talcott redeemed.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Noctis_Caelum, Nova, Jubileus and 2 others like this.
  15. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23 Red Wings Commander

People are making mentions of beating the game but only being able to obtain half of the royal sigils from the current map.

Could heavily point to future updates in content.

Jubileus, Cloud_CR and Storm like this.
  16. Ikkin

Ikkin ShinRa SOLDIER

I'd practically written Comrades off when it was announced, but after creating a character and playing the first mission, I'm similarly impressed.

The character creator in particular is incredible. I think it's one of the best I've seen, even including games where creating your character is the biggest draw. XD

17. Jubileus

Yeah I’m reading all the datalogs and I’m really liking the info in there.

When I read why the Glaives could use magic, I was pleasantly surprised that it actually made sense lol

All the pieces are slowly falling into place.

They are updating the Comrades dlc in the future.

In the title screen for Comrades, there is text underneath saying keep a look out for more updates or something along those lines.

There’s also an option in the menu screen to check for updates as well :)

Storm and FFChocobo18 like this.
  18. Jubileus

Useful guides on weapon crafting, early exp, gil and kw farm by LemonEatingKow.

FFChocobo18 and Storm like this.
  19. FFChocobo18

FFChocobo18 Yevonite

I've seen those videos, they're helpful. Also, what do you think of Comrades so far?

20. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

I’m having a blast with it. A few notes:
    • The combat is quite a bit more strategic than the main game, and I haven't gotten my head about all the move sets for the weapons. I'm level 7 or so, and I've settled on a katana, shuriken, and spear, with a shield for stats. And it's fun. No magic grenades, point-warping and warp-striking are nerfed, and certainly no item spam.
    • The missions are suitably straightforward. There are a few new varieties of enemies, along with staples of the main game.
    • The game does not really explain weapons and the upgrade system, other than a brief mention.
    • I played it for ~4 hours, off and on. I saw a few glitches, but for a first iteration of a MP game, it's very solid. I had absolutely no issues with fast-paced combat and other real players. That is an achievement worth applauding.
    • So far, it's very "grindy." The experience, materials, kW, gil, etc. are quite limited, and you'll need to replay missions to get enough to progress. Coupled with the unexplained weapon system, it can get repetitive. That's something I feel needs to be addressed.
    • I hope the food system is revamped, or at least explained better in-game.
    • Some missions are just plain unfair. Yes, I'm looking at you, you goddamn Spiracorns. To that end, you'll quickly encounter missions where the recommended levels are 10-15 higher than your current level. Now, I did take down a level 15 mission with my level 5 character and some other players (not the AI), and it was intense. So YMMV.
    • A missing feature -- and I hope it's added soon -- is the ability to play missions with your friends. I can see it not being in the first iteration, but I hope it's eventually implemented.
    • The AI ranges from serviceable to excellent. I seemed to get better results with real players, though.
      For instance, one mission two players stun-locked a Naga while I crushed it with a spear. We were level 5-6 too.
    General observations:
    • The atmosphere is suitably somber. Through conversations, interactive objects (think Cosmogony in the main game), and the darkly humorous Kenny Crow, it conveys the mood quite well. The music is top-notch.
    • There are a lot more people to talk with in Lestallum than in the main game, ironically. I've heard some interesting tidbits about the world. Perhaps it's a bit of an info dump, but it does the job. Yes, you can make the argument it should have been in the main game, but that's been discussed to death. (IIRC, @Koozek said that one insider on the development team was real, so they had about 2.5-3 years to get a 4+ year project out the door?)
    • The usual cast of characters are present, with new and interesting dialogue and information.
      A notable moment for me: Cid has some pointed things to say about Noctis.
    Overall, it's well-worth the price of admission (and it makes the season pass a no-brainer). It doubles down -- and improves -- what FFXV (in my estimation) did so well -- the combat system. It might even get me to do something I hadn't considered -- subscribing to PS+. I recommend checking it out.

Alekzan and Storm like this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!