1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by LeonBlade, Jan 18, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  2. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  3. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

Seems I'm late to catch up on what's happening yet again lol.

This Royal edition is intriguing. It could be awhile yet since the guys over at Square tell us what it is. I'd be happy if it has Year 1 and 2 updates content in it.

It would also be cool if it has exclusive content as well.

The 10 mil goal seems likely. PC and Royal edition aren't even out yet and the numbers are impressive already.

Storm likes this.
  4. FFChocobo18

FFChocobo18 Yevonite

5. Jubileus

6. Ikkin

Ikkin ShinRa SOLDIER

I certainly hope so... that sounds amazing. o_0 (I vote VR experience! Even if it's just 360-degree video...)

7. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7qcnzv/xbox_the_official_magazine_uk_feb_2018_interview/
    edit: about pitioss, they added lines for when you complete/give up the dungeon; was pretty awkward before since the bros were silent.

https://www.sbs.com.au/popasia/blog/2018/01/11/final-fantasy-xv-director-hajime-tabata-future-series
    so there's our confirmation, i think that was the point the "one landmass map" idea was scrapped.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 1:13 AM
    SonOfEtro, Nova and Cloud_CR like this.
  8. SerjAngelo

SerjAngelo Balamb Garden Freshman

Royal Edition Trailer

This looks hype, new Armiger looks siiick
    Also, Windows Edition release date 6.03.18

9. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

This is like seeing a Paperchampion wishlist coming to life

Holy fucking shit!

way to break the silence

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 7:53 AM
  10. Alekzan

Alekzan Yevonite

Cerebrus Hype \o/

11. Jubileus

Holy crap that looks amazing!

So cool that we get to see older Cor.

More story cutscenes is always a good thing.

I wonder if the DLC will be integrated into the game? Or accessed separately on the main menu like it is now?

12. Slaintimez

Slaintimez Chocobo Knight

Is this Luna behind Noctis? I think there is so much more than they showed in the trailer honestly.

[​IMG]

13. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23 Red Wings Commander

Storm im actually crying....HOLY CRAP THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!!!

They expanded Insomnia! They added more ending story content! THEY ADDED MORE LORE RELATED AND SECRET BOSSES. That was like 90% of what I couldve ever wanted. God damn, if they actually do any sort of Niflheim expansion (which looks entirely possible now that they actually expanded Insomnia), I don't know how I'll react....

It also looks like they are seriously expanding the ending. They seem to also be integrating what happened in Comrades into that ending. They are also letting us use the boat (to explore between Lucis and Accordo) and there's at least one giant monster out at sea. I can't believe it. I seriously can't believe it would be anything like this.

ON TOP OF ALL THAT they still have 3 DLC episodes planned and god knows what else.

FUCK

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 8:57 AM
  14. Paperchampion23

I think so too. Off the top of my head, this and whatever is hiding in the water around Accordo are 2 things they specifically never reveal.

There's a possibility they combined the WoR update to take place in this Insomnia Dungeon. Maybe we'll see Iris and Aranea here as well. Or perhaps they are saving the actual WoR for something else.

God, I can't imagine if they do another update like this for Niflheim. Expanding Insomnia and making the Nifleheim transition better where the 2 big things Tabata has wanted to do the most. It seems here he achieved one, it makes me really hopeful that he'll actually do that as well.

Edit: Going to also point out that because they changed and added a new armiger mode, and that they've added all these new bosses and content, they may have revamped the
    Leviathan and Ardyn fights, and hell, maybe even gave Ardyn a second form like he was supposed to have

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 9:36 AM
    Somber and Storm like this.
  15. Alekzan

Alekzan Yevonite

I hope it will be sth good, and not again somekind of big cthulhu with one wing

16. Paperchampion23

We'll see I guess, the trailer makes it seem like you have to do much much more now to get to Ardyn with the Kingsglaive. Ifrit's fight is pretty good but Ardyn's old fight would be odd after fighting these new Bosses it seems, as it just seems so much more restricted in comparison. I'd be more surprised if they didn't update that fight specifically. I'm hopeful but honestly any of this is more than what I'd thought we'd ever get

17. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa

new key-arts for the royal edition and boxart:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

january update:

[​IMG]

new book:

"FFXV Official Works book announced by Square Enix; available March 22nd in Japan. It will be a 208 page book containing art from development process, interviews with Tabata and dev team, Japanese VAs and composers. Past and future of Final Fantasy XV"

more about the content of the royal edition:

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/final-f...ed-launches-alongside-windows-edition-march-6

"Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the Final Fantasy XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.

Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D"

some additional screenshots from the official windows edition site:

https://ffxv.cdn.sqexeu.com/public/img/windows-edition/windows-edition-screenshot-12.jpg
    https://ffxv.cdn.sqexeu.com/public/img/windows-edition/windows-edition-screenshot-9.jpg
    https://ffxv.cdn.sqexeu.com/public/img/windows-edition/windows-edition-screenshot-10.jpg
    https://ffxv.cdn.sqexeu.com/public/img/windows-edition/windows-edition-screenshot-14.jpg

(you can see lucian flags with the skull motif on the second one i guess?)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 10:20 AM
  18. Paperchampion23

Literally another great QoL feature. So much hidden lore but you only get to read it once and it is not stored after reading it around the world. Goddamn BD2, seriously make a Hard Mode/rebalancing and this whole thing is perfect

Edit: I wonder if we'll fight all 13 rulers. So far we get to fight 3 in that final main story quest (they are all labeled under the Cure for Insomnia), but I wonder if the rest will be encountered. Especially if beating them is what allows nocts to use them in the end

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 10:22 AM
  19. Alekzan

Alekzan Yevonite

I dont mind updated version of fight, i just dont want him to mutate in big brainless monster with words "seek my trueeee form now".

20. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro Chocobo Knight

That Amano artwork. Phew! I've already spotted five out of the six Astrals in addition to that amazing version of Lunafreya.

Somber and Storm like this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!