1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by LeonBlade, Jan 18, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

The PC version looks absolutely incredible.

Such detail and colourisation.

I think it’s safe to say we’re all getting it? Lol.

Storm likes this.
  2. Bazztek

Bazztek Red Wings Commander

I remember people saying they hated the Datalog in XIII because it was required reading because it has crucial info for the story you will not know about unless you read it, while they would have liked something like that in XV just to have bios for the characters and recaps on the events that have transpired so far. I mean KH does that too, but the way XIII series handeled it is the way to not do one.

Like is the War of Transgression even mentioned once in the story for FF13 despite being a major event from the past? Etro isn't even mentioned once in the game either and even in XIII-2 and LR only gets fleshed out in the Datalogs instead of the game itself properly, same as whole fleshed out backstory for Caius, Yeul, Lindzei etc, that never happen during the games dialog or cutscenes.

The way the Beastiary works in XV as it is now is more like a Pokedex, and the character Bios in Comrades is basically just a brief description of the character and who they are, rather than page and pages or compulsory backstory that you can only find there. Even the Cosmogony passages in XV are found within the world in the books that you can find in different places, so them adding a menu section that collects all those to read the ones you found is basically the same thing as reading Xehanorts notes or like reading the documents you find in Ep Prompto/Ep Ignis.

3. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro Chocobo Knight

Point taken. I'd forgotten it had lots of crucial info. I tended to understand XIII from just the cutscenes alone. The Datalogs provided a little extra flavour. XIII-2 was another matter.

Bazztek and Storm like this.
  4. Storm

Storm SOLDIER Second Class

Bazztek and Jubileus like this.
  5. Jubileus

New animation design and screenshots I’ve never seen before!

I take it that’s the place that’s being developed in Niflheim but some curious individual glitched their way into finding it?

That last photo... Altissia?

Wow... how did they get that shot?

Storm likes this.
  6. FFChocobo18

FFChocobo18 Red Wings Commander

Someone said that the town and the train-skip feature were there since 1.16, but it's still really cool to see.

7. Storm

thats all using out of bounds glitches, there's a lot of interesting stuff out there.

8. T.O.T

T.O.T Clan Centurio Member

It's okay. The story confused a lot of players...myself included to some extent.

SonOfEtro and Storm like this.
  9. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Wouldn't be shocked to see them port the PC version to the PS5 in whatever default settings chosen, sorta like Skyrim Special Edition. I know i'd go for it.

Storm likes this.
  10. Storm

i read all datalogs, novels, ultimania, theories... and i still don't understand how many things happened, yet the craziness and mistery is one of the reasons i find that game so alluring; the lore seems like a puzzle, and it doesnt matter how much you reflect about it, you never come up with a 100% answer... it was a lot of fun to try to figure it out.

PC will have mods tho, imagine all the possibilities.

edit:

https://twitter.com/sanbo72404598/media

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the world is more beautiful than it seems, holy fuck

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    T.O.T, Jubileus and Paperchampion23 like this.
  11. Ikkin

Ikkin Chocobo Knight

I don't have a PC that can play it at greater-than-PS4 levels, but it's definitely something I want for the sake of the future. XD;

FFXV Windows Edition really is 2018's Crysis.

12. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23 Chocobo Knight

It has been confirmed by players who usually explore oob on Reddit that those areas have been updated with new assets this patch (an updated shoreline, more foliage/buildings there than before), and it is also much easier to encounter these assets in chapter 10. Regardless, it seems like they are gearing up towards something in the future.

Edit: lmao

13. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Jubileus, Cloud_CR and SonOfEtro like this.
  14. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro Chocobo Knight

I guess I shouldn't have been shocked by the minimum required amount of RAM to work. A tiny bit above my current level. And even then, downloading with my connection would take getting on for two weeks. Not joking. For reference, downloading Deus Ex HR DC took...three days, and it's only around sixteen gig. XV's 100! Oh well, since I don't mind spoilers one bit, I can get the story another way, since that's what's most important for me in games; the story.

15. Ikkin

Ikkin Chocobo Knight

Why would you need the PC version for anything story-related? If you have the original game and the Season Pass, the Royal Pack will upgrade you to the same content as the PC version has, and if you don't, you can get the Royal Edition on console.

The real advantage of PC is mods... which I will care about far more if the game's development ends without the integration of the Season Pass material than I do now. If there ends up being a PS5 version that allows the game's content to be played chronologically, I wouldn't have any real use for a PC version. XD;

16. Paperchampion23

Paperchampion23 Chocobo Knight

I'm a base PS4 player and I do hope they can at least give you prompts at points in the story to play the DLC at certain points and take breaks from the mains story. The royal pack seems to at least be updating the actual game, and hopefully episode Ardyn will follow suit and be placed at a specific part in the story for us to play and feel like its integrated in the storyline.

I'd love to play the PC version but will my college loans, forking over a grand at least on building a PC will be stupid of meXD

17. Fireryu

Fireryu Yevonite

well I'm sticking with the PS4, but here are picture of dogs to represent FFXV bench marks for graphic cards.

[​IMG]
    Titan V

[​IMG]
    Titan Xp

[​IMG]

GTX 1080 TI

[​IMG]

GTX Titan X

[​IMG]

GTX 980 TI

[​IMG]

my GPU the GTX 750 TI

SonOfEtro, Nova and Storm like this.
  18. Storm

now they can release it for Switch.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  19. Jubileus

Holy shit man those photos!

I said it before but the photo function in this game is pure genius. Incredible scenery and shots.

I like how we’re seeing all of these “new” places in pictures.

I really feel like we’re in for some massive and huge changes to the game.

Please be excited :D

Storm likes this.
  20. Jubileus

I’m going to get the Royal Edition.

Technically, since I already have everything else, I only need the Pack but... well, I buy everything and I really want that cover on my shelf on display.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!