Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
imagine our faces if we found out on the day of the update tho lol

and yeah, the datalog and comrades updates sounds promising, finding lore texts is something i wanted since day one, gives an extra incentive to explore every corner.

but those chapter 10 quests (if at least was story-related) and the fact the boat apparently doesn't have any substantial purpose soured me in a bit, pointless updates is the last thing this game needed.
That would've been hilarious, and quite the troll-like move they did here. Also, about the boat, I'm not that interested in utilizing it, I'm more looking forward to Insomnia, the Armiger Unleashed, and the new lore section in the Royal Pack, so I'm glad there's something decent for me there. Also, while a little bummed about the Chapter 10 quests, but they don't bother me, I'm just not going to to them, but the comrades update sounds nice. I think the Chapter 10 thing will be this update's most disappointing thing for many.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I'm gonna call bullshit on that entire leak. Who gets all of that datamine info from a benchmark? On top of that, mods delete things until they can verify themselves. If there's no official mod post about it later, it likely wasn't true.

Most importantly, why would the datamine have anything on the March update specifically lol? Seems like the guys just worked hard enough to make a trophy and leak list based on everything we've seen and heard.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Well it mostly lines up with stuff we know is gonna be in RE and what we've been told would be coming to Comrades soon, so that's fine. It's just that ch10 quest sounds like it'll be underwhelming and like, why even bother doing that for something so small?

Every single thing here could be guessed by reading patch notes and RE descriptions. I'm not convinced any of it was real.

I'll gladly eat it if it is, but I have severe doubts, as what kind of benchmark leaks next month's patch specifically?

Edit: And another thing, dataminers would have found this already when the benchmark. It's not that difficult to pull PC files for datamining, and nothing was found back then. Why would it take 2 weeks for someone to find something like this when I'm sure 1000's of people already datamined the benchmark and found nothing?

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Now that you mention it i did find it interesting that they deleted the guy's "leak" in spite of translating the patch notes for the march update.

Yup, most people didn't even see it. The guys at resetera didn't even catch it posted and that's usually because the mods want to minimize questions and rumors spread about dumb things like this.

They deleted my post about the March update, but almost immediately posted an official mod thread about it. It's been 7 hours since this leak was posted...and nothing lol.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i asked a mod about it...
"The moderators didn't remove it. It looks like it was deleted by the OP. (Supposedly one of the other moderators had a talk with OP to verify information, and even though there was substantial evidence, the OP removed it out of second thoughts that rumors may spread.)"
The original poster did provide further information, including how they happened to locate it. There's text data in both English and Japanese within the Benchmark, over in the \datas\common\data\ directory and it seems they were reading things from that.

I advised them that it was to their own discretion on what to do with it, as I was not going to change it to a news and information flair on here.

Mainly because they did find it in the Benchmark, I did mention that there could perhaps be changes in it, and that given the community doesn't react well to misinformation that they may want to reconsider posting things that may be subject to change.

Regards.
not conclusive, but given their past history with npc quests and tonal dissonance, i really wouldn't be surprised if it was true... definitely is shaping up to be the most unnecessary addition so far tho.

edit:

https://twitter.com/ilaBarattolo/status/962041441244467200

amazing fanart

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
i asked a mod about it...

"The moderators didn't remove it. It looks like it was deleted by the OP. (Supposedly one of the other moderators had a talk with OP to verify information, and even though there was substantial evidence, the OP removed it out of second thoughts that rumors may spread.)"

not conclusive, but given their past history with npc quests and tonal dissonance, i really wouldn't be surprised if it was true... definitely is shaping up to be the most unnecessary addition so far tho.
The Chapter 10 addition is the unnecessary addition I would say, even hilarious if you look at it from a meme perspective, the other additions the March update provides are nice, especially the character and lore sections, even the Comrades content. Chapter 10 quests will be it's black sheep, but not the end of the world.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I don' even know how there could be evidence tbh. It's not like games are encrypted with extremely hard methods to find this info. Someone would have found this a week ago, that's why I'm skeptic

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I don' even know how there could be evidence tbh. It's not like games are encrypted with extremely hard methods to find this info. Someone would have found this a week ago, that's why I'm skeptic
"The original poster did provide further information, including how they happened to locate it. There's text data in both English and Japanese within the Benchmark, over in the \datas\common\data\ directory and it seems they were reading things from that."

guess if he found it anyone can

thinking about it, makes sense, the benchmark is taken from the pc edition and the pc edition already comes with the royal content (and every update since release) by default, that's why it already has information about upcoming content.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I'm more looking forward to the Royal Pack DLC more than the March update, besides the character and lore section as well as notes about Omega as that's what I'm excited about, as that's where the important stuff is for me, Insomnia etc. I am curious about the monoliths, though.

Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
"The original poster did provide further information, including how they happened to locate it. There's text data in both English and Japanese within the Benchmark, over in the \datas\common\data\ directory and it seems they were reading things from that."

guess if he found it anyone can

thinking about it, makes sense, the benchmark is taken from the pc edition and the pc edition already comes with the royal content (and every update since release) by default, that's why it already has information about upcoming content.

Welp, here's to me eating my hat then. Fuck I don't get why they'd add useless chapter 10 quests. Maybe it'll have more meaning down the line but idk why they'd do that, especially anything to do with Chapter 10 causes people to get hopeful about what they could do with it.

I'm still hopeful for something, but that is annoying.

Good news is is that Comrades finally is getting a decent update in March, we'll see what else it brings because its only the achievement list, so we don't know if it added new missions/bases/weapons/meals/etc, only sigils and I guess the 4 bros? Wonder how that makes any sense canon-wise. Everyone save for Noct makes sense, but Noct himself doesn't.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Help, here's to me eating my hat then. Fuck I don't get why they'd add useless chapter 10 quests. Maybe it'll have more meaning down the line but idk why they'd do that, especially anything to do with Chapter 10 causes people to get hopeful about what they could do with it.

I'm still hopeful for something, but that is annoying.

Good news is is that Comrades finally is getting a decent update in March, we'll see what else it brings because its only the achievement list, so we don't know if it added new missions/bases/weapons/meals/etc, only sigils and I guess the 4 bros? Wonder how that makes any sense canon-wise. Everyone save for Noct makes sense, but Noct himself doesn't.
They were already planning to allow us to play as Noctis and his friends for some time now, this is the update that gives them to us, and a rematch against Ifrit as well. Perhaps this Ifrit rematch could be a 'demo' of sorts for the fight against Ifrit in the Royal Pack DLC.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
They were already planning to allow us to play as Noctis and his friends for some time now, this is the update that gives them to us, and a rematch against Ifrit as well. Perhaps this Ifrit rematch could be a 'demo' of sorts for the fight against Ifrit in the Royal Pack DLC.
What I'm trying to say, is story wise, it doesn't make sense for Noct while it does for the other 3, UNLESS there is some canon reason he goes and helps people in Lestallum before leaving for Insomnia after the timeskip (many people expect a WoR section in actual Chapter 14, not just Comrades), but they'd have to address that in the main game. They'd have to also make WoR in Comrades completely dark as well.

I know it can just be for fun though, i'm not saying that they can't break canon just for the feature. It'd just strike me as odd if they just have him chilling around with everyone in Lestallum during the 10 years he's supposed to be sleeping.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
What I'm trying to say, is story wise, it doesn't make sense for Noct while it does for the other 3, UNLESS there is some canon reason he goes and helps people in Lestallum before leaving for Insomnia after the timeskip (many people expect a WoR section in actual Chapter 14, not just Comrades), but they'd have to address that in the main game. They'd have to also make WoR in Comrades completely dark as well.

I know it can just be for fun though, i'm not saying that they can't break canon just for the feature. It'd just strike me as odd if they just have him chilling around with everyone in Lestallum during the 10 years he's supposed to be sleeping.
I don't think playing as Noctis and his friends will be canon, this is multi-player, imagine four Promptos on missions, but we'll see, and if it would be canon for Comrades, it would be a little weird, as I expect that Noctis speaking to the Kingsglaive scene to be in the main game.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I don't think playing as Noctis and his friends will be canon, this is multi-player, imagine four Promptos on missions, but we'll see, and if it would be canon for Comrades, it would be a little weird, as I expect that Noctis speaking to the Kingsglaive scene to be in the main game.
Well that is, definitely. We just don't know how much the Royal Edition adds to him meeting the Glaives and everything.

The one thing that bothers me about this leak is that there are no trophies for fighting the Kings of Yore, which is odd to me. There are trophies for every other new piece of content, aside from that. I know trophies usually don't spoil story aspects so anything pertaining to Cor or Luna as hinted by the trailer will likely stay hidden until people play it.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Well that is, definitely. We just don't know how much the Royal Edition adds to him meeting the Glaives and everything.

The one thing that bothers me about this leak is that there are no trophies for fighting the Kings of Yore, which is odd to me. There are trophies for every other new piece of content, aside from that. I know trophies usually don't spoil story aspects so anything pertaining to Cor or Luna as hinted by the trailer will likely stay hidden until people play it.
Trophies or not, I'm still looking forward to fighting the Kings of Lucis, as they're mandatory bosses inside the citadel, perhaps they don't think they're worthy of a trophy, but we'll see what happens, March 6th is a month away. Heck, there were no new trophies for the Shiva scenes added to Chapter 12 in it's update.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Trophies or not, I'm still looking forward to fighting the Kings of Lucis, as they're mandatory bosses inside the citadel, perhaps they don't think they're worthy of a trophy, but we'll see what happens, March 6th is a month away. Heck, there were no new trophies for the Shiva scenes added to Chapter 12 in it's update.

Different. The kings are combat related. Even Cerberus gets a trophy.

The only thing I can think of is it may the the "Blessed By All" trophy, which could signify having to fight a number of them for them to deem you worthy to ascend to the throne. Not sure though. Perhaps it's a new endgame trophy.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Different. The kings are combat related. Even Cerberus gets a trophy.

The only thing I can think of is it may the the "Blessed By All" trophy, which could signify having to fight a number of them for them to deem you worthy to ascend to the throne. Not sure though. Perhaps it's a new endgame trophy.
That would be cool. That could be it, it would make sense.

Last edited: