Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
So since it's been deleted already...

Can someone tell me the Royal Edition trophies?
-Sea Captain/Maiden Voyage
Captained the royal vessel.

-Whale Watching/Narwhal Watching
Encountered Bismarck.

-Journalist/Pursuit of Knowledge
Filled 80% of the Datalog.

-Offroad Racer/Speed Daemon
Posted excellent times in all cross-country test drives.

-Power Within/The Power Within
Awakened to the True Power of Kings.

-Tri-Headed
Defeated Cerberus.

-Omega/Triumph Through the Dimensional Rift
Defeated Omega.

-Blessed By All
Collected all the Royal Sigils.

-Chocobreeder
Raised a chocobo to Level 99.

-Beacons of Hope
Completed the Comrades quests with all four characters.

The last 3 are comrades trophies.

The rest can be inferenced with Royal Edition's feature list.

Edit: fixed the list, thanks to @Storm

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Part of me thinks the reason why we didn't get all of the Royal Sigils in Comrades right away was because there may be some lore specific spoiler when you fight the Kings in the Royal Edition. Coincidentally we get to fight the Kings (we dont know how many still) and obtain all of the Sigils in one update.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Blessed by All is the title of the trophy for collecting all the royal sigils

one line gives the title and the one below gives the description.
Sea Captain/Maiden Voyage
- Captained the royal vessel.

Whale Watching/Narwhal Watching

-Encountered Bismarck.

Journalist/Pursuit of Knowledge
-Filled 80% of the Datalog.

Offroad Racer/Speed Daemon
- Posted excellent times in all cross-country test drives.

Power Within/The Power Within
- Awakened to the True Power of Kings.

Tri-Headed
-Defeated Cerberus.

Omega/Triumph Through the Dimensional Rift
-Defeated Omega.

Blessed By All
-Collected all the Royal Sigils.

Chocobreeder
-Raised a chocobo to Level 99.

Beacons of Hope
-Completed the Comrades quests with all four characters.
the leaker didn't made clear if that was the full trophy list tho, i imagine there would be at least a story-related one.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Even if the Kings of Lucis don't have a trophy, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, I'm looking forward to fighting them, along with the other things they are adding to Chapter 14. I'm not one for trophies, but that's just my opinion.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Interesting to note, are they making Comrades open world now? What's the point in chocobos if we can only fight in little arena maps?

Like the perfect way to reduce loading times is to just make it open world and allow you to travel by chocobo. Is it possible that this is the route they are going with?

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Interesting to note, are they making Comrades open world now? What's the point in chocobos if we can only fight in little arena maps?

Like the perfect way to reduce loading times is to just make it open world and allow you to travel by chocobo. Is it possible that this is the route they are going with?
That would be nice, but we'll see, best to keep hopes down in case something happens.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
the leaker mentioned a chocobo ranch in cape caem, from there you'll be able to send your chocobos to harvest meteor shards (and i assume other types of items, like the higher the level of your choboco is the better the items he'll bring).

he said Ifrit: Rematch is one of the other contents, he got new moves apparently (this is for comrades).

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
the leaker mentioned a chocobo ranch in cape caem, from there you'll be able to send your chocobos to harvest meteor shards (and i assume other types of items, like the higher the level of your choboco is the better the items he'll bring).

he said Ifrit: Rematch is one of the other contents, he got new moves apparently.
Perhaps this Ifrit rematch could be a 'demo' to the Ifrit fight in the Royal Pack, it's interesting he's getting new moves. It could also mean that when we defeat Ifrit in the Royal Pack DLC/Chapter 14, Ifrit might not be fightable again after beating the game.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016

he said Ifrit: Rematch is one of the other contents, he got new moves apparently.

Really curious now. And where do we fight ifrit? Insomnia? Imagine a dimlit Insomnia now, similar to Comrades's Lucis? Interessssssting

Also new Sigils means new areas to transfer power most likely, as that was what they did previously. I'm expecting Leide to have some stuff to do now.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Really curious now. And where do we fight ifrit? Insomnia? Imagine a dimlit Insomnia now, similar to Comrades's Lucis? Interessssssting

Also new Sigils means new areas to transfer power most likely, as that was what they did previously. I'm expecting Leide to have some stuff to do now.
the description (from the quest i assume) mentioned four warriors in Insomnia.

(its prudent to consider the fact the leaker lied, i'm just stating what he posted)

anyway, ppl are already extracting FFXV models from the benchmark:

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
the description (from the quest i assume) mentioned four warriors in Insomnia.

anyway, ppl are already extracting the models from the benchmark:

Holy crap lol, this is going to be so exciting.

Makes me wonder then, I guess there will be some comrades quests in insomnia with the 4 bros. That'd be pretty cool.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Holy crap lol, this is going to be so exciting
Perhaps this Ifrit rematch could be a 'demo' of sorts for the Ifrit fight in the Royal Pack DLC, and could also indicate that we might not be able to fight Ifrit again after beating the game with the Royal Pack DLC, leaving us to rematch Ifrit through Comrades. Either way, I'm looking forward to this and the Royal Pack DLC.

Nov 16, 2013
-Sea Captain/Maiden Voyage
Captained the royal vessel.

-Whale Watching/Narwhal Watching
Encountered Bismarck.

-Journalist/Pursuit of Knowledge
Filled 80% of the Datalog.

-Offroad Racer/Speed Daemon
Posted excellent times in all cross-country test drives.

-Power Within/The Power Within
Awakened to the True Power of Kings.

-Tri-Headed
Defeated Cerberus.

-Omega/Triumph Through the Dimensional Rift
Defeated Omega.

-Blessed By All
Collected all the Royal Sigils.

-Chocobreeder
Raised a chocobo to Level 99.

-Beacons of Hope
Completed the Comrades quests with all four characters.

The last 3 are comrades trophies.

The rest can be inferenced with Royal Edition's feature list.

Edit: fixed the list, thanks to @Storm
Domo desu~

Nov 16, 2013
Holy crap lol, this is going to be so exciting.

Makes me wonder then, I guess there will be some comrades quests in insomnia with the 4 bros. That'd be pretty cool.
Yup, also saw that certain "sfm content creators" have been messing around with Cidneys model lol.

I can't wait to see what secrets are hidden in the 100gb product. I'm pretty sure there's probably a lot of unused stuff(Versus Noct for example).

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Who knows? By Comrades quests, it might just mean the quests we currently have in Comrades, as the expanded Insomnia is for Chapter 14.
Well I don't expect the insomnia map to be available, but just some events or battles to happen there via comrades. I don't think they'd change ifrit's location at all. It could just be the citadel for all we know.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Well I don't expect the insomnia map to be available, but just some events or battles to happen there via comrades. I don't think they'd change ifrit's location at all. It could just be the citadel for all we know.
Yeah, and the trailer shown the Insomnia map in the regular HUD, but we'll see what happens come March.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Just caught up with all the new info.

Perhaps Cartanica and Cindy’s truck in Niflheim is for an update further down the line?

An open world environment, even a small one, takes time so they’re probably still working on that and it’s nowhere close to being released.

If those chapter 10 quests are true... perhaps it would be about black chocobos..? Which may have links to Ardyn since he used to ride black ones back in the day?

I don’t know. Just pulling outta my ass here because those chapter 10 updates would be pointless if true.

That would not be how I go about winning back fans and shutting up the haters.

Pointless quests is the last thing this game needs.

Just gotta wait till March 6th.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Just caught up with all the new info.

Perhaps Cartanica and Cindy’s truck in Niflheim is for an update further down the line?

An open world environment, even a small one, takes time so they’re probably still working on that and it’s nowhere close to being released.

If those chapter 10 quests are true... perhaps it would be about black chocobos..? Which may have links to Ardyn since he used to ride black ones back in the day?

I don’t know. Just pulling outta my ass here because those chapter 10 updates would be pointless if true.

That would not be how I go about winning back fans and shutting up the haters.

Pointless quests is the last thing this game needs.

Just gotta wait till March 6th.

Yeah, I think they're mainly focusing on the Royal Pack DLC, which I'm looking forward to more and might be the main thing they want to get out soon, and was recently confirmed to have various supplements in the main story, and the only things worth looking forward to for me in the March update are the character and lore section, as well as notes about Omega, and the new Comrades content. I'm going to ignore the new Chapter 10 quests, which I consider to be the 'black sheep' of the March update. Although, in the future, I hope they show how Gladiolus got so aggressive at Noctis in Chapter 10, that made hate Gladiolus' character, and, when I was playing that chapter for the first time, I was upset he was doing that to Noctis and pushing Prompto to the point of muting my TV and hide in another room because it was painful for me to watch, it came out of nowhere. I get it's supposed to be tough love, but it felt it came out of nowhere for me.

Last edited: