Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Man, waiting for March 6th for the Royal Pack DLC is kinda gruesome at this point, as I want to play the new Insomnia content already, but hopefully I don't go crazy over these few weeks, I need to remain sane for that day.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Chris Parson doesn't strike me as the type of guy who likes to go to these types of events anyway.

He rarely appears in the events that we see Ray Chase and Robbie Daymond frequent.

Perhaps he turned down the invite because he was busy?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Those adamant about hating the product will continue to do so regardless of the quality and quantity of the updates.
Fair point.

However if the updates are done substantially well, then they don’t have much ammo to fuel that hate, and the fans will be happy (fans be more important).

Not delivering will only make Square and FFXV’s reputation worse.

Furthermore, they’ll be disappointing the fans that waited patiently and diligently.

They’ve got til the end of this year, and it’s a good situation for them to turn it around. Not many games get this kind of opportunity to fix their mistakes.

People are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt now because development is still going, but once that’s over... well, that’s when final judgement on the game will be determined.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Fair point.

However if the updates are done substantially well, then they don’t have much ammo to fuel that hate, and the fans will be happy (fans be more important).

Not delivering will only make Square and FFXV’s reputation worse.

Furthermore, they’ll be disappointing the fans that waited patiently and diligently.

They’ve got til the end of this year, and it’s a good situation for them to turn it around. Not many games get this kind of opportunity to fix their mistakes.

People are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt now because development is still going, but once that’s over... well, that’s when final judgement on the game will be determined.
I agree, and the only things I want for FFXV to make it feel complete to me, in my opinion, this year are these things, which I hope as many as these things that I listed are provided to us in the future, even if it's a few of them on the ones I listed.:

More lore on Solheim, and/or perhaps on the Line of Lucis or on the Crystal themselves, but I think I would want more lore on Solheim more, but either of the other two are fine, too.

Royal Pack DLC (Expanded Insomnia, new Chapter 14 Story Content, Mandatory Bosses, more involvement, in which Cor is being involved at some point. The ending is the way it is, but we could see the other characters seeing the dawn return.)

Episode Ardyn (Taking place during 2000 when he was a healer and his fall from grace, or his beginning as chancellor of Niflheim, or bringing about Niflheim's fall.

Revamped Leviathan Fight (Based on the Pocket Edition of the fight. This could help the second half of the game.)

Expanded Shiva Area (Based on the new Dungeon/Area in the Ghorovas Rift from the Pocket Edition for Chapter 12. This could help the second half of the game.)

Everything else would be extra for me. I know I said that the second half was lacking, but as long as there are some story updates in the second half, I'd be fine with it, and it'd be better for me story-wise, and that would be extra for me at this point, but we'll see what happens. I do have my expectations low, of course, as always.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
took some print-screens from artbook videos:

- random train station

- early hammerhad had a whale as a symbol (placeholder maybe) instead of a shark.

- Niflheim, you can see the giant airship at the top.

- I suppose thats the room where Noctis retrieves his father's sword.

- i don't know if this is its final design, but the black chocobos in ep duscae were basically a reskin of the regular chocobos; this one differ and its so majestic.

- some variations of the elemental deposits.

- better scan of the ruins underwater in altissia (there's a description in japanese, if anyone can translate i appreciate).

source 1, source 2

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
That chocobo design looks very regal and elegant.

I think they wanted to go for the more cute and adorable look, like the FF7 one.

I’d say they did a great job. The chocobos in this game are so incredibly cute and cuddly despite being giant birds.

Especially when they’re running. Oh God the cuteness...

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
That chocobo design looks very regal and elegant.

I think they wanted to go for the more cute and adorable look, like the FF7 one.

I’d say they did a great job. The chocobos in this game are so incredibly cute and cuddly despite being giant birds.

Especially when they’re running. Oh God the cuteness...
Yeah, they were cute, and I posted my main priorities for this year's DLC/Updates listed in my previous posts.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I agree, and the only things I want for FFXV to make it feel complete to me, in my opinion, this year are these things, which I hope as many as these things that I listed are provided to us in the future, even if it's a few of them on the ones I listed.:

More lore on Solheim, and/or perhaps on the Line of Lucis or on the Crystal themselves, but I think I would want more lore on Solheim more, but either of the other two are fine, too.

Royal Pack DLC (Expanded Insomnia, new Chapter 14 Story Content, Mandatory Bosses, more involvement, in which Cor is being involved at some point. The ending is the way it is, but we could see the other characters seeing the dawn return.)

Episode Ardyn (Taking place during 2000 when he was a healer and his fall from grace, or his beginning as chancellor of Niflheim, or bringing about Niflheim's fall.

Revamped Leviathan Fight (Based on the Pocket Edition of the fight. This could help the second half of the game.)

Expanded Shiva Area (Based on the new Dungeon/Area in the Ghorovas Rift from the Pocket Edition for Chapter 12. This could help the second half of the game.)

Everything else would be extra for me. I know I said that the second half was lacking, but as long as there are some story updates in the second half, I'd be fine with it, and it'd be better for me story-wise, and that would be extra for me at this point, but we'll see what happens. I do have my expectations low, of course, as always.
that summarizes what i want as well, tho i would add a small section to cartanica.

royal pack and ep ardyn will cover up with more solheim lore i think, if what the leaker said about the datalog content is true, there'll be something related to "omega" reports and monoliths containing lore in dungeons.

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
took some print-screens from artbook videos:

- random train station

- early hammerhad had a whale as a symbol (placeholder maybe) instead of a shark.

- Niflheim, you can see the giant airship at the top.

- I suppose thats the room where Noctis retrieves his father's sword.

- i don't know if this is its final design, but the black chocobos in ep duscae were basically a reskin of the regular chocobos; this one differ and its so majestic.

- some variations of the elemental deposits.

- better scan of the ruins underwater in altissia (there's a description in japanese, if anyone can translate i appreciate).

source 1, source 2
Those images of Leviathan's Alter look interesting. It seems the whole place was more a sunken area. And who are those two figures before the main alter? Interesting...

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
that summarizes what i want as well, tho i would add a small section to cartanica.

royal pack and ep ardyn will cover up with more solheim lore i think, if what the leaker said about the datalog content is true, there'll be something related to "omega" reports and monoliths containing lore in dungeons.
Yeah, and I will go after those reports that mention Omega, and who knows, I could also track down the monoliths, I'm interested in lore as well.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
For the love of god please let Episode Ardyn cover some of those missing Niflheim concepts. No matter how much they improve chapters 10-13, it won't ever let us see that cold and bleak side of the continent near Gralea.

I'm half hoping for his DLC to take place in those areas, as there is just so much potential there to expand upon. Let the main game give us things like Cartanica and Tenebrae, but man let Ardyn's DLC seriously expand on Nilfheims people and culture. Fighting magitek infantry and only seeing a few, actual people from the country was....disappointing.

Like, use these concepts in DLC! So much wasted opportunity especially when you have a once in a lifetime chance to improve a single-player game!!!

Seriously, episodes for Ardyn and Luna could so much justice to Niflheim and Accordo if both DLC's would take place in those locations, it's insane. I'd rather them be new and fresh over recycling Lucis areas we've seen. So far, we've only gotten new areas with character episodes, so hopefully the trend continues.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
For the love of god please let Episode Ardyn cover some of those missing Niflheim concepts. No matter how much they improve chapters 10-13, it won't ever let us see that cold and bleak side of the continent near Gralea.

I'm half hoping for his DLC to take place in those areas, as there is just so much potential there to expand upon. Let the main game give us things like Cartanica and Tenebrae, but man let Ardyn's DLC seriously expand on Nilfheims people and culture. Fighting magitek infantry and only seeing a few, actual people from the country was....disappointing.

Like, use these concepts in DLC! So much wasted opportunity especially when you have a once in a lifetime chance to improve a single-player game!!!

Seriously, episodes for Ardyn and Luna could so much justice to Niflheim and Accordo if both DLC's would take place in those locations, it's insane. I'd rather them be new and fresh over recycling Lucis areas we've seen. So far, we've only gotten new areas with character episodes, so hopefully the trend continues.
I understand your frustration, but bear in mind, I listed those three story-line topics in Episode Ardyn they could choose from, I would be fine with either of the three as long as they show Ardyn's past in cutscenes in the latter two. I want to know more about Ardyn either way.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I understand your frustration, but bear in mind, I listed those three story-line topics in Episode Ardyn they could choose from, I would be fine with either of the three as long as they show Ardyn's past in cutscenes in the latter two. I want to know more about Ardyn either way.

While story is definitely awesome and a priority, if BD2 cant touch on both and environment and story in these updates simultaneously, then to me it seems like a wasted opportunity.

For example. Episode Gladio, while not story heavy, gave us an entirely new dungeon to explore and learn about. Episode Primpto covered tons of stuff and let us explore a snow environment set in niflheim, even if it was small. Ignis did so much for like 4 different characters as well as letting us actually do more in Altissia.

My point is, Im game for whatever Ardyn brings, but I do hope it focuses on something new. We don't learn anything different or more about the world if it's set in Lucis. If it is in Niflheim, hopefully it scratches that itch more than Prompto's.

We need more of the world explored along with more story. Both are vital.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
While story is definitely awesome and a priority, if BD2 cant touch on both and environment and story in these updates simultaneously, then to me it seems like a wasted opportunity.

For example. Episode Gladio, while not story heavy, gave us an entirely new dungeon to explore and learn about. Episode Primpto covered tons of stuff and let us explore a snow environment set in niflheim, even if it was small. Ignis did so much for like 4 different characters as well as letting us actually do more in Altissia.

My point is, Im game for whatever Ardyn brings, but I do hope it focuses on something new. We don't learn anything different or more about the world if it's set in Lucis. If it is in Niflheim, hopefully it scratches that itch more than Prompto's.

We need more of the world explored along with more story. Both are vital.
the thing is the most interesting and relevant events related to ardyn only happens in the past, its when he's character is defined, highly doubt they'll even touch gralea (aside from maybe a cutscene) which is not as requested as insomnia or cartanica when it comes to future explorable areas.

obviously i would love to explore that city

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
the thing is the most interesting and relevant events related to ardyn only happens in the past, its when he's character is defined, highly doubt they'll even touch gralea (aside from maybe a cutscene) which is not as requested as insomnia or cartanica when it comes to future explorable areas.

obviously i would love to explore that city

I don't mean Gralea itself specifically. I mean another, perhaps open/small area of Niflhiem, as in that area in the concept art. Gralea could play a part in cutscene or linear sections but I doubt it gets expanded upon too. I think actually seeing how much of an effect Ardyn had on Niflheim as its chancellor is extremely important to characterizing the villains of the game, all of which need more. Verstael and Iedolas both desperately need more, and through Ardyn, they have a chance to.

I really don't think it will take place in Lucis, there's just so much opportunity to have it either take place 2000 years ago in an unspecified area or 10 to 30 years ago in Niflelheim, as literally everything to do with Ardyn happens at these 2 time points and is specifically mentioned by the game.

Who knows though. I'd just prefer it to open up Niflheim more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I don't mean Gralea itself specifically. I mean another, perhaps open/small area of Niflhiem, as in that area in the concept art. Gralea could play a part in cutscene or linear sections but I doubt it gets expanded upon too. I think actually seeing how much of an effect Ardyn had on Niflheim as its chancellor is extremely important to characterizing the villains of the game, all of which need more. Verstael and Iedolas both desperately need more, and through Ardyn, they have a chance to.

I really don't think it will take place in Lucis, there's just so much opportunity to have it either take place 2000 years ago in an unspecified area or 10 to 30 years ago in Niflelheim, as literally everything to do with Ardyn happens at these 2 time points and is specifically mentioned by the game.

Who knows though. I'd just prefer it to open up Niflheim more.
We don't know how Lucis looked 2000 years ago, and this concept art is an example, and this is one of my favorite concept arts.:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...Chocobo.png/revision/latest?cb=20170822121203

Last edited: