1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by LeonBlade, Jan 18, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Ikkin

Ikkin Chocobo Knight

With regards to the Leviathan fight, all I really care about is making the setpiece as impressive as possible... and, while it's hard for the mobile game to be particularly impressive given its visual style and its inability to trigger instant warp strikes, expanding the Pocket Edition addition into an HD equivalent could be really cool. You get to run along a hallway while Leviathan's water-doubles destroy dropships, you have to warp out of said hallway after one of said dropships crashes into it, you get to warp between different areas that you can't reach otherwise because of the destruction... it could definitely help make the setpiece feel more substantial.

I'd still argue that Episode Ignis should be mandatory in the game's final form, of course, but adding a bit more setpiece to Noct's section of the Leviathan fight would at least be a start.

As for the Shiva dungeon, again, I think it's critical to consider the difference between a mobile game and an HD game. An HD equivalent of the Shiva dungeon literally couldn't look the same way as the Pocket Edition dungeon looked. For the scale to make any sense, the dungeon would have to be more like the Titan dungeon, which would be plenty sufficient to improve the pacing.

Not me! I wouldn't mind the current fight with Ardyn being expanded, but I don't think it would be thematically appropriate to have another fight after Noct ascended to the throne.

That is a really cool bit of artwork. I really doubt it's meant to be taken literally -- it makes little sense for Luna to face off against Ardyn, really -- but the implication that Luna might be shown using her trident in combat is appreciated regardless.

And on the subject of the link...

That would have been Kojima-level trolling, wow. Does anyone still want to argue that Chapter 13 wasn't intentional? XD

Well, that's a nice bit of vindication. =D

For the record: my take on Episode Ignis' alternative ending since shortly after release has been that it's designed to reflect the sort of wishful thinking that one might engage in while suffering survivor's guilt. I am totally down with the alternate ending reflecting denial in opposition to the main game's theme of acceptance.

Nova and Paperchampion23 like this.
  2. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

You know what? This.

BD2 going all out with the 2018 updates is very crucial towards the game's long-term reception and nothing else would give me greater satisfaction other than further serving crow towards the degenerates that were/are adament on kicking the game down without a hint of empathy towards the team fighting tooth and nail to keep FFXV standing on its own feet, especially with this year being it's extended & final post-content support before the inevitable Ultimate Edition arrives with all the year two content.

So in my eyes, 2018 is now or never, and i'm glad BD2 were given this oppurtunity to give it their all the best they can.

FFChocobo18 likes this.
  3. FFChocobo18

FFChocobo18 Red Wings Commander

We'll see what exactly happens, but I'll take whatever I can.

4. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

Kinda sad that bachelor party scene got cut. I'm sure that would've been quite a sight to behold.

Storm likes this.
  5. Cloud_CR

Cloud_CR Yevonite

T.O.T, Jubileus, Bazztek and 4 others like this.
  6. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro Chocobo Knight

Don't forget this one. Happy Valentines....
    [​IMG]

7. FFChocobo18

The updates I want this year to be connected to the second half mainly, so I'll take as much as I can, as I found it lacking at launch, and I want Episode Ardyn as well.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  8. Storm

Storm SOLDIER Second Class

Royal Pack trophies

(spoilers obviously)

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7xgxmx/spoilers_royal_edition_trophies/

someone also digged more info datamining the benchmark, apparently the quests that'll be added in chapter 10 are nothing special (they are lame if true, you might even say they are worse than usual hunts lol).

datalog will include things like:

cosmogony
    ravus letters
    "reports" with omega (?)
    character + world info
    monoliths that you need to find in dungeons.

edit: it seems like comrades will also be receiving updates too:

the four bros
    the remaining royal sigils
    ifrit rematch
    chocobo ranch in cape caem

Cloud_CR, FFChocobo18 and SonOfEtro like this.
  9. FFChocobo18

Interesting, especially about Omega, could we be getting more lore about Solheim, too? I would love that.

Storm likes this.
  10. Storm

Cloud_CR likes this.
  11. FFChocobo18

12. Storm

he was probably asked to since he was revealing too much stuff.

13. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

What are the chapter 10 quests anyway? User's info got removed.

14. Storm

its so bad it almost sounds fake

a quest to find lost chocobo chicks in the dungeon
    and another to take photos in the same dungeon

they sure aren't trying to improve their quest concent if thats the case, probably the most pointless additions they could have ever thought (it doesnt even match the tone of the chapter).

15. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Yikes, i actually hope thats fake....

It doesn't even make sense in the context of the chapter itself.

Cloud_CR and Storm like this.
  16. FFChocobo18

Even if that Chocobo thing was real, I would just ignore it, it's just a side quest, I like Chocobos, but I wouldn't do it for Chapter 10. Besides, we already have an expanded Insomnia, so nothing of value was lost to me there in my opinion.

17. Bazztek

Bazztek Red Wings Commander

Eh, that sounds pretty menial to be doing that in chapter 10.

What's the source of those Chapter 10 quests?

18. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

The guy had his posts deleted with supposed links in that thread, so who knows.

19. Storm

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7xgxmx/spoilers_royal_edition_trophies/

this one, but the mods deleted all the posts of the leaker.

he said he datamined the benchmark and found the royal pack trophies, names of upcoming quests, and descriptions of some stuff.

i think he's username was SylvaNoxFleuret, he's also on gamefaqs maybe if smn asks the information via PM...

20. Bazztek

Bazztek Red Wings Commander

Ok, but why would stuff in an upcoming update be in a 3gb PC benchmark that was put out a few weeks ago?

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!