Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Did some lurking myself through the text files thanks to @zaza50. I found a few more interesting things through the voice files.

Before I start, it's important to note that nothing IS GUARANTEED TO BE IN THE GAME. Also this may not be all of it. Its from a benchmark that 100% does not have every file in it. Just want to stress that. I am merely stating what I found.

Anyway:
End of battle voice Lines for the game for Iris, Cor, and Aranea (was found near the Luna lines that @zaza50 found), so possible its for chapter 14 but can also be newly added lines for other chapters, who knows):
upload_2018-2-17_20-37-28.png

Lines for something called "Rushlink" (there are more than this...much more than this).
upload_2018-2-17_20-39-54.png
Iris and Aranea have 1 voice line each for "Rushlink". Again, unknown if this is timeskip Iris and Aranea or just new lines added in previous chapters/post game.
upload_2018-2-17_20-38-29.png

I don't know what "Rushlink" is in terms of the base game definition. It is only used here during the GOTY lines, therefore it may be not related to Link strikes or Cross chains. It is not present in any of the voice code for the base game.

Iris seems to have another line during Chocobo racing (I assume) and when she leaves camp (again, unsure if this is timeskip Iris or just a previous chapter where she is a party member)
upload_2018-2-17_20-41-7.png

Cor has new battle lines (Likely for Chapter 14 considering another leak @Storm mentioned explain that he will accompany you in insomnia, there are more than what I've posted here)

upload_2018-2-17_20-44-9.png

A fairly big one:

Libertus and Luna are seemingly party members in Comrades. They have full voice actions for literally every part of the battle if you are a Kingsglaive character (You can "cheer" them and "cure" them it seems like as well). And I checked with the bros to see if these lines of voice code match with theirs. They are exactly the same, except with skills specific to the base game.

upload_2018-2-17_21-0-46.png
upload_2018-2-17_21-3-7.png

And now for the actual big one:
Luna is apparently not only a party member, but she is apparently playable in the last dungeon. Its possible this is just for the skills you tell others to use, but who knows. If anyone wants to fact check this, please go right ahead.

upload_2018-2-17_20-45-28.png

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Did some lurking myself through the text files thanks to @zaza50. I found a few more interesting things through the voice files.

Before I start, it's important to note that nothing IS GUARANTEED TO BE IN THE GAME. Also this may not be all of it. Its from a benchmark that 100% does not have every file in it. Just want to stress that. I am merely stating what I found.

Anyway:
End of battle voice Lines for the game for Iris, Cor, and Aranea (was found near the Luna lines that @zaza50 found), so possible its for chapter 14 but can also be newly added lines for other chapters, who knows):
View attachment 835
Iris and Aranea have 1 voice line each for Rushlink (Both can Rushlink now?) Again, unknown if this is timeskip Iris and Aranea or just new lines added in previous chapters/post game.
View attachment 836
New Rushlink lines in general (there are more than this...much more than this).
View attachment 837

Iris seems to have another line during Chocobo racing (I assume) and when she leaves camp (again, unsure if this is timeskip Iris or just a previous chapter where she is a party member)
View attachment 838

Cor has new battle lines (Likely for Chapter 14 considering another leak @Storm mentioned explain that he will accompany you in insomnia, there are more than what I've posted here)

View attachment 839

A fairly big one:

Libertus and Luna either are seemingly party members in Comrades
View attachment 841
View attachment 842

And now for the big one:
Luna is apparently not only a party member, but she is apparently playable in the last dungeon. Its possible this is just for the skills you tell others to use, but who knows. If anyone wants to fact check this, please go right ahead.

View attachment 840
Interesting, where did you get this?

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Thats what I think, which probably means that everything here HAS to be in chapter 14....so timeskip Iris and Aranea confirmed?
dunno, the "camp departure" and "chocobo talk" bit doesnt seem to be related to chapter 14.

anyway i would be a bit impressed if iris is not in it, she was the most requested older character

edit:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWPlnwpVAAA8SqP.jpg

the skull, the ring, brooding noctis, dark colors... you could almost say its from versus lol

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
dunno, the "camp departure" and "chocobo talk" bit doesnt seem to be related to chapter 14.

anyway i would be a bit impressed if iris is not in it, she was the most requested older character
That's what is odd to me. Unless this also includes March 6th patch content that is free as well.

The only other viable thing would be the WoR but that is hopeful thinking lmao.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
thats pretty cool, thanks, rushlinks are probably another name to linkstrikes.

i think everything with GOTY attached is related to the royal edition.

Edited my post about it, but oddly, there are no "rushlink" codes in the base game voice lines, only with GOTY voice lines. So.....i have no idea if they are even related to Link strikes or Cross Chains. Maybe its a new mechanic the bros learn that we haven't seen yet? And Aranea and Iris know how to use it too? Very confused about that one.

Its possible that they are I just don't know.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Okay, so I think "Rushlink" is entirely a new gameplay mechanic that hasn't been mentioned yet for the Royal Edition (Check my previous post about the datamine). Every character, including the 3 temporary characters in the original game, have voice lines for it.

This is pure speculation, but I've found a few reasons to believe it.

The reason why I think this, is after checking the data for a while, I think Link Strikes are represented by "Succeed", as in a character probably succeeding in the end of your attack with a Link Strike:
upload_2018-2-17_23-15-26.png

Now you might ask why I think that, well because of this:
upload_2018-2-17_23-15-42.png

Iris has her own dialogue when performing link strikes, I think we know this. The only thing is that I couldn't find any for Cor and Aranea, but whatever this is speculation lol.

As for Cross Chains, I think they are represented by "Combination", and for obvious reasons that makes sense :
upload_2018-2-17_23-17-18.png

When I searched for the term combination, it is only associated with Melusine, the monster that initiates the ability to perform Cross Chains, as well as basic "Combination" lines in the file:
upload_2018-2-17_23-18-55.png

For fun, these are definitely the voice lines for the original Armiger, known as "Phantomburst":

upload_2018-2-17_23-22-36.png

Why do I think that? Well Phantom is used to describe the action in Japanese and there's also this:

upload_2018-2-17_23-25-10.png
GOTY lines have something called "GOTY Phantomburst", which I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it probably has to do with Noct activating Armiger Unleashed.

Perhaps, perhaps not, we'll see how it all goes lmao.

Tl;dr: "Rushlink", a term only with GOTY text lines, is not a Cross Chain or Link Strike, but it might be a brand new mechanic introduced in the Royal Edition.

Again, I'm probably wrong, but there's a chance that this is something new.

Attachments

Last edited:

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
In Episode Duscae, for what it's worth, continuous attacks and/or getting into a combo chain was actually called "Rush" whilst others followed with "Break" being the same as the final, "Counter" also being the same as the final, and "Raid" being aerial based ones.

As Storm's source did also say there was unused lines from earlier things, perhaps it could be a leftover that's been mixed in?

At least there's only a couple of weeks to go before we can find out!

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
In Episode Duscae, for what it's worth, continuous attacks and/or getting into a combo chain was actually called "Rush" whilst others followed with "Break" being the same as the final, "Counter" also being the same as the final, and "Raid" being aerial based ones.

As Storm's source did also say there was unused lines from earlier things, perhaps it could be a leftover that's been mixed in?

At least there's only a couple of weeks to go before we can find out!
I doubt it, "Rushlink" is only mentioned in the GOTY code, nothing in the base game. Meaning that it was intentionally added for when the game is released in 2 weeks.

But, it's possible it has another meaning. Not sure though. Did my best to try and guess it's meaning (I think it has a gameplay function).

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
All of the new (Monster) enemies:
upload_2018-2-18_2-15-8.png

I know the above are new because they come after the list of summons on the bestiary in the files, totally separate from the rest of the monsters.

Kyuki and Petitdragon must be codenames for monsters that already exist in the game. the _EPG portion of the name indicates that it is different from the original monster. Ex: Bandersnatch is not the same as Bandersnatch_EPG. I have no idea what the differences are or what EPG signifies.

Ahriman has a larger version of itself now.

It is unknown where these monsters are fought. BUT the fact that I see a new Bandersnatch, a monster only found in Lucis, as well as several other monsters here, makes me very curious (WoR kinda curious)

Cerberus and Omega are here as seen.

Yashaou, Kiou, and Hukuryuou are most likely the 3 Kings of Yore fought in the game.

I will look more thoroughly through everything tomorrow to see if I can find more stuff + any new magitek enemies.

Edit: please disregard the EPG stuff, THEY ARE NOT NEW

Last edited:

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
I had a look, and it turns out Rush Link is the name of the Cross Chain in Japanese.

And "EPG" is probably for Episode Gladiolus. There were dragons in that, which were Wyverns. It's probably them?

Also "Yashaou" is The Mystic. On the wiki I've linked to, it's written down as 「夜叉王 」, "Kiou" is The Fierce「鬼王」 and "Hukuryou" is probably supposed to be 「伏龍王」 which would be The Rogue.