Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Interestingly enough, this lines up a bit with the "2018 lineup" leak thing. 4 packs that would be Ardyn, Luna(was stated as a possibility, not set in stone), Niffilhiem continent, and ending off with a Insomnia update(op suggests there'll be a prologue). Of course all of this is subject to change as with the update leak we saw beforehand (Ep Ignis was confirmed to have changed dirrection) so take the info as is.
It always points back to this one. Anyway I think the Insomnia update (for now) was the Royal edition and the 2 unannounced DLC have to do with that surprise he's hiding.

And I can see them doing WoR in Comrades instead of the main game. That leak even guessed basically all of Ignis (except Ultros), the character switch being released right around that DLC, and part of episode Primpto.

It's done a pretty good job so far.

Nov 16, 2013
It always points back to this one. Anyway I think the Insomnia update (for now) was the Royal edition and the 2 unannounced DLC have to do with that surprise he's hiding.

And I can see them doing WoR in Comrades instead of the main game.
I think that the Insomnia Royal update would be different enough to constitute another one. Most of the request for Insomnia were for a "pre war" version and with the ammount of assets they now have for it, I think it wouldn't be too much of an undertaking. As for WoR, they could just port over the map from Comrades in a update or something. Out of bounds videos have showed they pretty much remade the entire map already.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I think that the Insomnia Royal update would be different enough to constitute another one. Most of the request for Insomnia were for a "pre war" version and with the ammount of assets they now have for it, I think it wouldn't be too much of an undertaking. As for WoR, they could just port over the map from Comrades in a update or something. Out of bounds videos have showed they pretty much remade the entire map already.
On the WoR

The thing is, they had the opportunity to update chapter 14 fully and do that, but instead they focused purely on Insomnia it seems. And the WoR im talking about is not the partial one you see in Comrades, but the truly dark one. I can see comrades doing this in the future, actually doing it' own timeskip and seeing old Iris, Aranea, Cindy. It's also a great way to make Iris and Aranea playable without detracting from the main story or other DLC's. My opinion though so I totally understand

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
From what I can interpret from that interview, he sa
I do wonder what this newly added fourth DLC Episode could be about exactly, that's what intrigues me.

We still don't know what the 2nd and 3rd will be either lolXD Though one may hint at something Luna related.

We really need this translated lol. I think its a pretty big reveal.

Nov 16, 2013
On the WoR

The thing is, they had the opportunity to update chapter 14 fully and do that, but instead they focused purely on Insomnia it seems. And the WoR im talking about is not the partial one you see in Comrades, but the truly dark one. I can see comrades doing this in the future, actually doing it' own timeskip and seeing old Iris, Aranea, Cindy. It's also a great way to make Iris and Aranea playable without detracting from the main story or other DLC's. My opinion though so I totally understand
Oh, I know that. I'm just saying from a map and modeling perspective, the WoR is done. All they would have to do is change the lightning in that regard. Of course gameplay wise would need some work lol.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I think it was everything Niflheim related tbh. Lets wait for a real translation though. Its still possible it may be a thing (even with Ardyn's episode or something else).

Edit: Like @MitchellProductions said, that may have been their old consideration, before planning to make more DLC. I think the Royal Update was always planned to happen, and they decided that Insomnia was the better choice of the two (and I agree, a better climax is much more worth it). However, Niflheim may be on their radar in one of these next 4 DLC.

Edit 2: It seems that it was actually planned ( Warning: shitty translate)
- I came to the interview at an incredible timing (laugh).

Tabata : Yeah (haha). As we are finding meaning in continuing, it will become a part of this new planning that we will continue to click. However, since "Royal Edition" was the first tightening that was originally planned, we decided to release it as it was.

Edit 3: The famitsu interview corroborates this. So its likely true.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I think it was everything Niflheim related tbh. Lets wait for a real translation though. Its still possible it may be a thing (even with Ardyn's episode or something else).

Edit: Like @MitchellProductions said, that may have been their old consideration, before planning to make more DLC. I think the Royal Update was always planned to happen, and they decided that Insomnia was the better choice of the two (and I agree, a better climax is much more worth it). However, Niflheim may be on their radar in one of these next 4 DLC.

Edit 2: It seems that it was actually planned ( Warning: shitty translate)
- I came to the interview at an incredible timing (laugh).

Tabata : Yeah (haha). As we are finding meaning in continuing, it will become a part of this new planning that we will continue to click. However, since "Royal Edition" was the first tightening that was originally planned, we decided to release it as it was.
I will say, though, I'm happy they chose Insomnia to expand on.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
about the boat:

"Kuroda : Yes (lol). You can also go to Mikage island where Noktis awakens. Some fish can catch only by sea fishing, and various quests are added. There are also fish that can catch only at specific points, and fish of limited time. It's a bit of a quest that sometimes makes a bomb attack."

so maybe going to Angelgard is a possibility, holy f

"- How many of the successive kings are there?
Tabata : About three bodies."

you leakers got another thing right

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
about the boat:

"Kuroda : Yes (lol). You can also go to Mikage island where Noktis awakens. Some fish can catch only by sea fishing, and various quests are added. There are also fish that can catch only at specific points, and fish of limited time. It's a bit of a quest that sometimes makes a bomb attack."

Who knows? We'll see what happens about Angelguard, even though I have no interest in using the Royal Vessel.

Nov 16, 2013
about the boat:

Looks like they changed some from the GOTY build datamine. Forgot what the line said but it was something along the lines that "Nocts head hurts" and "They aren't worthy enough to go there". Or maybe that's just a line to stop you from going there until a certain point?

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Looks like they changed some from the GOTY build datamine. Forgot what the line said but it was something along the lines that "Nocts head hurts" and "They aren't worthy enough to go there". Or maybe that's just a line to stop you from going there until a certain point?
yes, noctis would get a headache + the others aren't worthy.

maybe you can later or it was changed.