Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Ugh my head would bust if they do that, please no.

Can't understand why when he said the alt. ending was suppose to be one & done deal.
Well, part of the point of the alternate ending was
to reveal more about the motivations of Ardyn - he "put the Crystal on a silver platter" for Noctis
so we may see more of that characterization. Tabata did say the existing ending was canon.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Or even more headcanon
Ugh it’s annoying how some people like to scream “I like this ending better. This is the official one now.”

Headcanon is the worst.

¿Anyone remember this old leak? Perhaps was right, ¡¿don't you think?!

I do remember this leak.

It looks pretty accurate but only time will tell if the prologue in Insomnia will be a thing.

I hope so.

Ugh my head would bust if they do that, please no.

Can't understand why when he said the alt. ending was suppose to be one & done deal.
I don’t get it either.

Let’s hope that more clarification on the matter will arrive soon.

this leak doenst seem too bad, especially after todays interviews

i dont know if you guys read the Parting Ways novel but its pretty sweet.
I’ve read it. It’s pretty good.

This game has the best relationship between party members bar none.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
to reveal more about the motivations of Ardyn - he "put the Crystal on a silver platter" for Noctis
so we may see more of that characterization. Tabata did say the existing ending was canon.
This. I don' think they meant more of how Noct can survive, but more how Ardyn's mind works. Episode Ardyn will do just that.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Ok then, as long as its like that then i can deal, makes more sense given when considering the teases around Ardyn.

Feb 19, 2018
I wanna see luna using a rapier.
Likely not gonna happen as her signature weapon has been established as a trident that all of the Oracles possess. She's probably gonna come back with a new custom spirit world trident since she ascended and has, from the looks of it, grown in power if she's coming to bail King Noctis out who at that point is supposed to be mightier than all of the 6 combined.

Feb 19, 2018
Just read the updated translation.

It seems like Tabata was answering specifically about how Noctis saved the world without sacrificing anything.

Honest to goodness I hope they do not expand upon that alternative ending but the way it was worded sure sounds like it unfortunately.

The last thing we need is more divergence in the story.
Honestly if it's handled the way they did it in Episode Ignis where it's just an extra goodie I wouldn't mind an "Ardyn wins" time line for his Episode as an unlockable path. They hyped up alternate timelines and realities quite a bit so honestly as long as they're not making it a main focus having alternate endings in character episodes where it makes sense doesn't sound too bad to me. Only way I see it being a problem is if they specifically devote time outside of the episodes to expand on them but as long as they're self contained little things in Episodes it's honestly a pretty cool concept imo.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i can feel the game will have changed significantly when all the updates are done (quantity of content, pacing...), but i hope they don't ruin my perception of some points:

1. i don't want any interaction between luna and noctis before her death, that was what made their love a tragedy.
2. i imagine the Founder King as a dickhead that took opportunity of Ardyn's miserable condition to gain the approval of the populace, i hope they don't try to make him the "good guy" or something.

Nov 16, 2013
i can feel the game will have changed significantly when all the updates are done (quantity of content, pacing...), but i hope they don't ruin my perception of some points:

1. i don't want any interaction between luna and noctis before her death, that was what made their love a tragedy.
2. i imagine the Founder King as a dickhead that took opportunity of Ardyn's miserable condition to gain the approval of the populace, i hope they don't try to make him the "good guy" or something.
Honestly, I'd prepare to be disappointed on the Luna front if I were you. One of the loudest outcry of the fans in terms of Luna is that she didn't make a believable romantic interest because of the lack of interaction. I can totally see them retconning chapter 9 with a "date" or something to try and address that.

Feb 19, 2018

Oh yes, I'm really hoping there's moral ambiguity in Ardyn's origins. Which judging by the pocket edition lines still seems to be the case as Ardyn once being really good is a canon fact so I really want to see his brother, while being "pure" from the crystal's definition, turn out to be a real dick head along with the Astrals. Also I believe there's an interesting bit of lore regarding the one of the glaives in the game that states a king became extremely brutal and ruthless after his queen was killed. It would be a juicy bit of family drama if that were Izunia.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Honestly, I'd prepare to be disappointed on the Luna front if I were you. One of the loudest outcry of the fans in terms of Luna is that she didn't make a believable romantic interest because of the lack of interaction. I can totally see them retconning chapter 9 with a "date" or something to try and address that.
im aware of the possibility, and a date would ruin the dramatic effect to me.

also they would have to rewrite chapter 9 (she's supposed to be in custody) and chapter 12, because that part is about shiva telling noctis about luna's feelings, with him mourning at the end for not having the opportunity to talk to her as well; this scene would lose all relevance.

i hope they wont do it.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Honestly if it's handled the way they did it in Episode Ignis where it's just an extra goodie I wouldn't mind an "Ardyn wins" time line for his Episode as an unlockable path. They hyped up alternate timelines and realities quite a bit so honestly as long as they're not making it a main focus having alternate endings in character episodes where it makes sense doesn't sound too bad to me. Only way I see it being a problem is if they specifically devote time outside of the episodes to expand on them but as long as they're self contained little things in Episodes it's honestly a pretty cool concept imo.
It's cool the first time they did it, but after that, nah. It's just a waste of time if you ask me.

Think about the alternative timeline in ep Iggy. How much time and resources did they have to devote to that?

New cutscenes, dialogue, animations, voice acting, battle animations and movesets, etc.

At this point in time, 100% focus should be on the official story/timeline. We get more out of that if you think about it.

Of course this is just fun to talk about, and what the developers actually end up doing is outside of our control. I'd prefer it if they didn't though.

They hyped up alternate timelines and realities and, in the main game, they did nothing with that. So if they're going to do that properly as part of the main story, then perhaps.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Man, I almost forgot how powerful the opening of Kingsglaive was...

It perfectly set up the history of the world and the state it currently was in. Just the track alone brings the emotion all back.
That opening sequence wouldn't make a bad opening CG for the game proper, honestly. All they'd really have to do is change out the movie credits for game credits and use the "twelve years later" title card to shift to the game's first CG scene with Noct and Regis.

(It's hard to imagine it working with Chapter 0, granted, but the Kingsglaive opening serves most of the same purposes anyway.)

Nov 16, 2013
im aware of the possibility, and a date would ruin the dramatic effect to me.

also they would have to rewrite chapter 9 (she's supposed to be in custody) and chapter 12, because that part is about shiva telling noctis about luna's feelings, with him mourning at the end for not having the opportunity to talk to her as well; this scene would lose all relevance.

i hope they wont do it.
Just because they'd get to be together for one night/day wouldn't mean they'd talk about the things that had been on their mind. I'm sure Luna wouldn't want to bother Noct right before(you know) and Noct would just take the situation for granted, thinking he would see her again. They've done this trope plenty of time before in media(Things that could've been said but weren't, and now it's too late).

...In fact, at the end of it we could see Truck ku-I mean Ardyn watching on as foreshadowing lol.

Feb 19, 2018
That opening sequence wouldn't make a bad opening CG for the game proper, honestly. All they'd really have to do is change out the movie credits for game credits and use the "twelve years later" title card to shift to the game's first CG scene with Noct and Regis.

(It's hard to imagine it working with Chapter 0, granted, but the Kingsglaive opening serves most of the same purposes anyway.)
I could see it fitting quite snuggly in between chapter 0 and the CG intro. Have the King Noctis bit then when it zooms out it fades to black and Luna starts narrating and we pick up with the KG intro that then immediately feeds into the Regis and Noctis scene. It gives you a taste of what's to come, a brief summary of the backstory of the world, and then sends off on your Journey to experience the events that connect the two sequences you just witnessed.

Nov 16, 2013

Chapter 0 should be deleted lmao.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Just because they'd get to be together for one night/day wouldn't mean they'd talk about the things that had been on their mind. I'm sure Luna wouldn't want to bother Noct right before(you know) and Noct would just take the situation for granted, thinking he would see her again. They've done this trope plenty of time before in media(Things that could've been said but weren't, and now it's too late).

...In fact, at the end of it we could see Truck ku-I mean Ardyn watching on as foreshadowing lol.
yeah thats true, im just worried about them changing that plot point tbh lol

Feb 19, 2018
It's cool the first time they did it, but after that, nah. It's just a waste of time if you ask me.

Think about the alternative timeline in ep Iggy. How much time and resources did they have to devote to that?

New cutscenes, dialogue, animations, voice acting, battle animations and movesets, etc.

At this point in time, 100% focus should be on the official story/timeline. We get more out of that if you think about it.

Of course this is just fun to talk about, and what the developers actually end up doing is outside of our control. I'd prefer it if they didn't though.

They hyped up alternate timelines and realities and, in the main game, they did nothing with that. So if they're going to do that properly as part of the main story, then perhaps.
I doubt they devoted much resources to what amounted to one extra bossfight with some dialogue thrown in. They were recording the lines for the main line events of the DLC anyway so I doubt they really had to devote much effort into telling the cast "hey could you just say two more things for this extra bit we got going on?" Ignis' ultimate powered up form in that fight also just amounts to bigger elementals effects and lighting effects with no new moves or anything. Plus considering Ardyn's boss fight in the main timeline just has him kicking you the whole time and they reused assets from his Ch. 14 fight for the alternate ending I doubt that programming him just to have armiger wings and a giant energy scythe instead of a giant energy sword took much effort. Episode Ignis' alternate ending looked flashy as hell but once the hype of it wears off you notice it how much budget saving they actually did. The alternate endings final cutscene isn't even voice acted and Ignis only says one line in it lol. Tbh you have to give them props for making that setpiece look new even though they reused and recycled a lot of stuff while doing the bare minimum for it. Anyways you're right though, while discussing and debating this is fun ultimately it's the development team's call to make.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
I think it’s going to be the exact opposite since Tabata said that Episode Ardyn will explore his history that was explained in EP Ignis Verse 2; the “mysterious voice” (aka Luna) implies that Ardyn was always the dickhead. I think Ardyn is going to turn out a total narcissist, that his “savior” status is nothing but his own perception, and that his “revenge” comes from his sense of entitlement. The new Pocket Edition dialogue hints at this as well imo.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I think it’s going to be the exact opposite since Tabata said that Episode Ardyn will explore his history that was explained in EP Ignis Verse 2; the “mysterious voice” (aka Luna) implies that Ardyn was always the dickhead. I think Ardyn is going to turn out a total narcissist, that his “savior” status is nothing but his own perception, and that his “revenge” comes from his sense of entitlement. The new Pocket Edition dialogue hints at this as well imo.
then he wouldn't be as relatable, its exactly the fact he genuinely wanted to help humanity and then was discarded by the gods that makes his revenge and motivation so human, i didnt play Ep Ignis but what does her line implies?

in the pocket edition Noctis begs ardyn to be the noble and kind king he once was i think

Last edited: