Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I have the feeling Square Enix will anounce this week a second Season Pass for all platforms where the Royal Pack is included.
As a gratitude for the people that had the game from begining and have been supporting the content.
I think we don't be seeing a season pass because that would require deadlines that they don't want to abide by anymore. Who knows though

JSmirks

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 22, 2018
Has there been any update about this elusive March patch? It has to drop before the 6th because it's supposed to add compatibility to the Royal Edition (plus extra goodies), correct? I'm curious if they'll make some sort of announcement or just quietly release it.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Has there been any update about this elusive March patch? It has to drop before the 6th because it's supposed to add compatibility to the Royal Edition (plus extra goodies), correct? I'm curious if they'll make some sort of announcement or just quietly release it.
It should release earlier, but since March 6th is a Tuesday and most patches happen on tuesday, we'll probably get everything around the same time.

Edit: Like max the patch would come out a day earlier because PSN has been screwing western players for a while. I remember getting Ignis like a day after Australia got it, so it's not universal with DLC, but patches roughly release at similar times everywhere I think

Last edited:

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
We might get it on Sunday night; I remember the CH13v2 patch dropping that much earlier than the day Episode Gladio released. It pretty much came out within an out of them announcing it

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
It should release earlier, but since March 6th is a Tuesday and most patches happen on tuesday, we'll probably get everything around the same time.

Edit: Like max the patch would come out a day earlier because PSN has been screwing western players for a while. I remember getting Ignis like a day after Australia got it, so it's not universal with DLC, but patches roughly release at similar times everywhere I think
New Zealand and Australia always get it first. That's why I'm glad I use my NZ psn account hehe, we even get it 2 hours before Australia.

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018

It could come out tomorrow, with it being march 1 and all

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy-15-developers-discuss-mods-and-the-games-journey-to-pc/
When Square Enix announced the PC version of FF15, I assumed that it'd mark the end of the game's journey on all formats, which has seen four expansions added to the console version after release, among multiple updates (all of which will be included in the PC edition). But that's not the case. "We very do think of 15 as an active game, as it were, and we were thinking of lots of different things to expand and keep people playing," Shida says. "It's still going to go on." It's been confirmed that Final Fantasy 15 will get four more DLC episodes through to 2019, at which point the game will be over two years old. According to Shida, the game's active audience is still growing—and an influx of PC players can only help.

"When we released the Episode Ignis DLC and the Comrades DLC, that active userbase was still growing even then. With the recent Windows Edition, it's just going to push it further. So we have a massive audience now, and we want to keep giving those people new stuff." I can't say I was terribly fond of the extra episodes when they were released on consoles, as they focused on the core cast in stories that felt a little inconsequential, but it's pleasing that Final Fantasy 15's journey isn't over yet after it comes to PC. Other past updates to the game have focused on filling in parts of the story, or adding fun, free limited time events. These just give players reasons to keep coming back.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
So instead of addressing the grating tone dissonance the game suffers from, they decide to keep adding insult to injury.
addressing the tone dissonance doesnt have anything to do with costumes, also its optional.

i'll prefer other types of course.

EDIT-Also, doesn't anyone find it jarring that they are now making exclusive DLC for a DLC game?
its for both the main game and comrades.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
no they were all goofy lol (at least the ones i knew about)
I will set the bar really high.
I can't wait to see the four protagonists dressed as the girls of Doki Doki Literature Club.
But probably the next collaboration is with some IP from Blizzard. Since it's the other company more related to PC.