Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 2, 2017
I guess it's more that people don' want them to waste time on doing that when there are clearly many things that can be improved upon in the actual story
Hmmm. That, I can understand. I guess I'm just at a point now where I've accepted that they're just gonna keep on tinkering with this game. I really just wish they would stop involving fans so much. I feel like their plan to 'wrap up' the main game with Royal Edition and the addition of the 4 new DLCs is solid enough, and they should just continue with that plan. They can't fix everything people didn't like about it.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Hmmm. That, I can understand. I guess I'm just at a point now where I've accepted that they're just gonna keep on tinkering with this game. I really just wish they would stop involving fans so much. I feel like their plan to 'wrap up' the main game with Royal Edition and the addition of the 4 new DLCs is solid enough, and they should just continue with that plan. They can't fix everything people didn't like about it.
I have a feeling a lot of it won't just be fan input. They had probably tons of things they wanted to incorporate prior to forced deadlines that they have the opportunity to elaborate on now.

He talks about completing the game and the universe, I think that will generally involve putting ideas that they've had for it when it was imagined to be a complete game

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Real talk...
Is there a reason they haven't released Noctis "trash bag" costume yet? It's already done and in the files so it's kinda weird. Maybe they want to make all 4 their costumes first before releasing it of something?
(Gimme back old Prompto~)
Probably it has to do with the Roen collab.
Going back to the old design could spread some bad reputation to the artist, making him look not good enough.

rukloveis

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jul 17, 2016
Why do you think what other fan want is nonsense?
You don't only one who play game.
Game have 7m who play it.
maybe you are minority and fan who like multi ending are 4m people more than you.BD2 tell us already they will expand story for who want it but they have to do another thing for another group of fan too.
It they game ,they time and they resorce.
If they want to do what they want for every group of fan you can't judge them.

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
The thing is that the alternate ending of ep.Ignis even knowing that is non-canon , that has ANY SENSE ATL ALL, it should have never ever existed.
Because even if the company is telling you that its just a what if, just that will serve as spark to create unnecesary discussion. Just the fact the ending itself exists is an error because is, in some ways, confusing you or even devaluating (dont know how to say the exact word, sorry) the experience you had in FFXV. And its a problem when the only real good thing at level masterpiece is just the ending. And doing that even if its a what if is just ruining core things.

As some of you said above, ok, even if its a misstranslation or just a joke message or whatever, they MUST not say a single word related to that because of whats happenning right now in this place. We should have never ever had that conversation about different endings, or canon. The genesis of the problem at least for me is what they made in Ignis episode. And now, even if nothing happens, we are debating about this unnecesary topic.
If versus/ffxv was a sad tragic story (and Im talking about the ending itself) just respect that and dont do things like you did in Ignis that even fuck all the lore they created.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Why do you think what other fan want is nonsense?
You don't only one who play game.
Game have 7m who play it.
maybe you are minority and fan who like multi ending are 4m people more than you.BD2 tell us already they will expand story for who want it but they have to do another thing for another group of fan too.
It they game ,they time and they resorce.
If they want to do what they want for every group of fan you can't judge them.
Who are you talking to? And alternate endings for a game that needs more actual story clarification is a waste of time. That is a fact. And no, the vocal minority on Tumblr are the only people who seem to be adamant on liking an alternate ending which breaks almost all of the laws the game establishes.

Feb 2, 2017
I have a feeling a lot of it won't just be fan input. They had probably tons of things they wanted to incorporate prior to forced deadlines that they have the opportunity to elaborate on now.

He talks about completing the game and the universe, I think that will generally involve putting ideas that they've had for it when it was imagined to be a complete game
True true, but it's hard to juggle that perception of wanting to incorporate ideas that couldn't have been implemented with making it look like they're changing the game based solely on fan feedback. Right now it just coming across as Tabata slapping on whatever fans want or changing things on a whim.

I do wonder sometimes just how important that perception is though, even with all these joke costumes and collabs, the game already sold gangbusters and reached many important milestones for the franchise. To be honest, by the time we reach XVI or FF7R, it probably won't matter any more. I feel like the brand is still strong enough to carry itself.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Lemme leave his here:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5036746/

The main game ending is objectively CANON, which is what Tabata previously said when talking about Episode Ignis' verse 2 ending. It is not getting outright changed through feedback especially when the RE content itself didn't touch it, people are taking this way too out of context.
lol was about to link that

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Lemme leave his here:

The main game ending is objectively CANON, which is what Tabata previously said when talking about Episode Ignis' verse 2 ending. It is not getting outright changed through feedback especially when the RE content itself didn't touch it, people are taking this way too out of context.
I've seen that earlier, good to see it here, too.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Lemme leave his here:

It seems like they could be hinting at Ardyn having his own verse 2, but that's basically it.

We all know the DLC will actually focus on canon events, that much is absolutely clear.

Feb 19, 2018
So I was just rewatching the Royal Edition trailer and I noticed when they're showing off the Rulers of Yore battle Noctis has a weapon named "Airstep Sword" equipped. Is that something new or old? If it is new I wonder if it improves aerial combat by any measure since the airdance skill already gives you infinite airsteps.

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
So I was just rewatching the Royal Edition trailer and I noticed when they're showing off the Rulers of Yore battle Noctis has a weapon named "Airstep Sword" equipped. Is that something new or old? If it is new I wonder if it improves aerial combat by any measure since the airdance skill already gives you infinite airsteps.
It's an early game sword (halves mp use on airstepping)

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I found it kinda weird that they almost always advertised the airstep sword instead of the engine blade for FFXV pre-release.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/1107892.html

google translator so its not 100% accurate:

- tabata said you can clear all the content for insomnia in 2-3 hours (might be inflated because you know lol)
- you can only anchor the boat in ports so no Angelgard.
- texture skin mod only in may/june (?)
- i think he said something about the royal edition being pivotal because they need the sales to continue development.
- new dlcs are a "series" instead of "individual" dlcs (no standalone stories).

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Storm what do you think about the new dlcs being series instead of individual (in fact, I ask that every user is reading that) I mean, how do you take them being named as series?

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/1107892.html

google translator so its not 100% accurate:

- tabata said you can clear all the content for insomnia in 2-3 hours (might be inflated because you know lol)
- you can only anchor the boat in ports so no Angelgard.
- texture skin mod only in may/june (?)
- i think he said something about the royal edition being pivotal because they need the sales to continue development.
- new dlcs are a "series" instead of "individual" dlcs (no standalone stories).
That sounds interesting, especially with he's treating the next four DLC Episodes. Nice to know that Insomnia will have plenty of things to do.