Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Also if you look at the costs for a couple of the things in the AstralSphere, it doesn't seem like you'll be able to max it that quickly. Considering Noctis has 29 skills (what we've seen so far) and a couple of early skills cost anywhere between 4 and 24 (pretty sure it was 24 for like the 2 accessories skill, don't really wanna check it atm cause I'm meant to be working on an assignment) and you don't seem to get much AP from everything (considering they got 16 AP from doing a Cindy mission), and that it'll probably get more expensive the further you get through a tree, maxing everyone will take at least having maybe everyone near level 50? Maybe more maybe less? But then again if I were a UI designer I would never want to design a UI which clumped everything together if there wasn't a purpose to it (like expanding the Sphere after mid game).

Checked the Ascension tree footage. Yeah with 59 AP (shared) at level 19 and the fact that one of the skills you can get straight away costs 24 AP, and the last skill in the Airstep line costs 80AP, Its gonna take a while. This is of course assuming that they've only leveled up and didn't do any side quests which also seem to give AP.

Looks like in total, if you want to complete the Airstep line, it costs
176 AP, which includes the branching skill as well

Last edited:

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Question Mark might just be Astral summons, and the Ring magic will likely be things like Meteor.
Ohhh I hope so. I mean we've got a taste of the kind of magic Ring magic does from Kingsglaive, but I would assume its more than that. Summons being in gear is a bit weird to me, mainly cause its like you've got these all powerful beings next to that failed magic you accidentally made a couple of hours ago, but I guess it can work. Like once you've got a summon you can equip like a shard or something and call upon it when need be.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Ohhh I hope so. I mean we've got a taste of the kind of magic Ring magic does from Kingsglaive, but I would assume its more than that. Summons being in gear is a bit weird to me, mainly cause its like you've got these all powerful beings next to that failed magic you accidentally made a couple of hours ago, but I guess it can work. Like once you've got a summon you can equip like a shard or something and call upon it when need be.
I mean, I'm probably wrong... I just don't know what the ? would be is all.

I just noticed (or maybe my eyes are bad) that Aranea can (sometimes) dodge Noctis combos (between 3:13-3:20).
Yeah, Aranea looks to b a really fun boss fight playing a lot different than any daemon or beast you fight out in the world. This is a trained fighter, and she looks pretty tough. Really excited to get to fight against soldiers like her and even just Niflheim troops, their AI and move set is completely different.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
tabata once said ring magic is supernatural, early footage of XV shows Noctis putting his arm on his head and casting a fire explosion (could be flare).

tbh I'm not a big fan of the elemental magic so far, I'd rather have a magic cast that flows with the attacks instead of interrupting them.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I noticed that in the PAX footage (unless its shit quality in the way) that the hitstun appears abscent when striking the Goblins in the dungeon (which wasn't the case during Episode Duscae).

Thoughts?

I just noticed (or maybe my eyes are bad) that Aranea can (sometimes) dodge Noctis combos (between 3:13-3:20).
Easily another feature that got me really hyped, glad to see a human boss fight restricting mindless mash tactics.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I noticed that in the PAX footage (unless its shit quality in the way) that the hitstun appears abscent when striking the Goblins in the dungeon (which wasn't the case during Episode Duscae).

Thoughts?

Easily another feature that got me really hyped, glad to see a human boss fight restricting mindless mash tactics.
Can't really tell from the footage honestly.

Sep 1, 2016
I noticed that as well. Can't see too clearly, but when she gets surrounded/swarmed by the guys, she dodges Prompto, takes a jab at Gladio and while his shield is up, she takes another jab at Noctis thus dispersing the boys and uses that opportunity to move to a more favourable position.

I agree with Nova, smart bosses will require a bit of strategy instead of just mindless button mashing to overwhelm the enemy.

Jul 16, 2015
Yea she seems quite agile and hard to hit. She seems like she will be quite a challenge and require us to be smart when fighting her. It clearly won't be a fight where you just spam attacks over and over again. Looks like a really fun fight in my opinion.

Rezon

Red Wings Commander
Feb 21, 2015
My main concern regarding the new release date was how close it would be to Game of the Year awards and as it turns out, Keighly's awards show is on December 1st, only 2 days after XV comes out. We just have to hope they send out review copies well in advance.

Oct 19, 2013
My main concern regarding the new release date was how close it would be to Game of the Year awards and as it turns out, Keighly's awards show is on December 1st, only 2 days after XV comes out. We just have to hope they send out review copies well in advance.
Hmm, haven't thought about that. Indeed not good :/

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
Oh damn...