Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I've always had the feeling that the game at launch would barely resemble the game in a year or so, but I thought that would be largely technical improvements. I can't say I expected them to actually go in and add voiced cutscenes and whatnot. That's pretty cool.

Chapter 13 could use a few tweaks, too, if it'll get half the internet to stop crying about it, lol.

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK
I've always had the feeling that the game at launch would barely resemble the game in a year or so, but I thought that would be largely technical improvements. I can't say I expected them to actually go in and add voiced cutscenes and whatnot. That's pretty cool.

Chapter 13 could use a few tweaks, too, if it'll get half the internet to stop crying about it, lol.
Probably wont be any time soon though.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I really doubt it's going to be something huge or big that you can't watch on Youtube if you don't feel like playing the game again. It's a bit weird for people without Internet connection (maybe it's because I'm in Europe, but I wouldn't think the percentage is significant enough), what with that being the main excuse Tabata used for the delay.

Although, again, had they released XV in September, the game this people would have gotten would have been pretty messy, so in a way their point still stands. I guess?

All I know it's that I would definitvely play the game again (even soon enough) if they offer nice incentives there and let us use the older designs. Any word on this? I've been out of the loop.

BTW, avatar character? For the online DLC I'm guessing? Also, when they talk about new playable characters, they're surely referring to the already announced individual DLCs, right?
They need to add in a shit ton of stuff, also want them to add in areas like Tenabre,Solhiem, Rest of Niflhiem and Accordo, Insomnia.
Ditch that dream. Seriously, they're not going to add that in a patch and hoping it will only make you dissapointed if they don't.

I could see something like that in one or all of the DLCs, but I still expect them to be pretty lineal and straightforward, like I assume the latter parts of the base game are (I'm only in Chapter 3, so I don't really know). And I don't think the Online mode will be anything more than big-ish areas where you fight hordes or against other teams.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Yeah that was proper annoying. It took even longer to kill the Iron Giant with that bloody ring. I should have just ran passed it..
This is the one common factor that I've notice from everyone complaining about that chapter. No one used the big X-zone/ultima like spell. I was farming that giant for kicks while I was figuring out where to go next with it. It never once missed. It one-shotted it every time. Sucked it right into oblivion.

I did the same with the MT's. I gathered them up and blew em all up at once. I was having a ball with how powerful that was.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I'm liking most of this updates but, I'd like the game to still be a Noctis only game, having other characters playable would kill this this game being "Noctis Journey/Story (with his friends)".
Extra playable characters should be done outside of the main scenario (like how the episodes DLCs seeing to be heading).

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I'm liking most of this updates but, I'd like the game to still be a Noctis only game, having other characters playable would kill this this game being "Noctis Journey/Story (with his friends)".
Extra playable characters should be done outside of the main scenario (like how the episodes DLCs seeing to be heading).
That was the impression I got. I read it as more playable characters for the online part they're building towards. I don't see them changing the main game THAT much. Just adding in some scenes to cover some gaps.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
They probably will add Ravus and Luna scenes, that will make sense. And im happy with that. They can show so much about both before Altissia.
I'd really like them to insert more scenes involving the Empire. I was really looking forward to proper scenes with Iedolas and Verstael; one cutscene, and that was their lot. Tsk!

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Maybe they could insert Stella as well? Or the Goddess?
I'd definitely like more context on the world's Goddess (Tabata said there still was once post-FNC removal/reworking). The Oracle hasn't been referred to as a "Goddess" in-game, so I don't think she can be passed off as that.

And I'm positive the Pitioss Ruins are closely connected to this "Goddess", as we see a giant woman wielding a sword at the very end, who appears to be the center of that temple and thus was likely its focal point.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I'd definitely like more context on the world's Goddess (Tabata said there still was once post-FNC removal/reworking). The Oracle hasn't been referred to as a "Goddess" in-game, so I don't think she can be passed off as that.

And I'm positive the Pitioss Ruins are closely connected to this "Goddess", as we see a giant woman wielding a sword at the very end, who appears to be the center of that temple and thus was likely its focal point.
The other Goddess.