Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
It wasn't until I played it for myself did I realize that I really like the gameplay... and that the people who played the game actually sucked and were just making the game look bad when it really wasn't.
I remember Matthew 'Mat' Kishimoto getting a lot of criticism over this on the official FFXV forum when it was still up. What made it even worse is that he played poorly more than once if I remember correctly.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Gladio's DLC's set up is a bit boring and dissapointing tbh. They said that it's going to reflect on his character, his family and Cor, so hopefully it'll become more personal rather than "I gotta get stronger" (which, admittedly, really fits his character.
I too would like to see this but at the same time I don´t have too much problem if it is not the case, Gladio is overall a simple big bro character and (for me) that´s the charm of him.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
BladeRunner said:
Hm? Did the ending of this trailer just spoil a plot twist?
What twist exactly? The closest thing that I can think of would be the Boss fights with Gilgamesh but that's far from being a twist since that's set up in the first minutes of the epiaode.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Still don't like Gilgamesh's design, and it seems like they showed the end of the Episode, and spoiled the twist. I mean I was ok with the Ardyn twist being spoiled in one of the trailers, because it can be interpreted in a lot of ways.

Last edited:

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Cor is Gilgamesh
I highly doubt that is the case as that would retcon the story a pretty good amount, especially with a set piece photo:

Also take this into consideration. Gilgamesh is lv. 40 while Cor is lv. 52. If what you say is true, wouldn't the levels be reversed? What I believe is taking place is Cor somehow gets possessed by Gilgamesh which would explain the same aura that surrounds Cor later on.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I highly doubt that is the case as that would retcon the story a pretty good amount, especially with a set piece photo:

Also take this into consideration. Gilgamesh is lv. 40 while Cor is lv. 52. If what you say is true, wouldn't the levels be reversed? What I believe is taking place is Cor somehow gets possessed by Gilgamesh which would explain the same aura that surrounds Cor later on.
I don't see how it would retcon this photo. And there's more:
In the last frames of the trailer it says "The Final Trial: Defeat Cor". Earlier the fight with Gilgamesh happens in the same area and he's using Cor's moveset. He probably reveals himself to be Cor for the second stage of the fight and that explains the levels.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I don't see how it would retcon this photo. And there's more:
In the last frames of the trailer it says "The Final Trial: Defeat Cor". Earlier the fight with Gilgamesh happens in the same area and he's using Cor's moveset. He probably reveals himself to be Cor for the second stage of the fight and that explains the levels.
When Gladio comes back from this episode, he makes a mention of how the guys should see how the opponent looks. There must have been some significant damage dealt during the time. So Gilgamesh loses an arm to regrow it? That just doesn't make any sense to me. I don't agree on the Cor = Gilgamesh thing.
If I am wrong come the end of the month, I will gladly take an L. As of right now though, I'll remain with my stance until proven otherwise.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Do we know if there's levelling, weapon selection and such?

I would imagine that they won't include levels, as that could create a lack of coherence when compared to the main game, and it's also a very short DLC, so I'm guessing having characters and enemies' attributes fixed makes more sense, especially if they're treating this more as an action game (at least compared to the main one).

Considering the way the trailer presents the whole thing, I doubt we'll get to see Iris during present day. I'm guessing we might have a bunch of flashbacks from Gladio's training days. Hopefully featuring Clarus.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

Just downloaded the new PS4 patch and I just love it.
Finally we can set our own wallpaper. :D

What only needs to be added is to sort your screenshots/videos to your own and not just as date/name/size ect.
It's about time they let people put up their own custom wallpaper.

That's a great wallpaper btw. Very aesthetic shot.

Kinda spoilery but doesn't give too much away at the same time. However I'm not one to talk since anyone who logs into my console will be spoiled instantly xD

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
The new custom theme update is rather convienient, since i can basically bypass the restriction i faced from using any of Kingdom Hearts 2.8's due to receiving an EU copy lol (DLC being region locked and all...).