Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
This is interesting...
The only time you meet Ardyn during chaptet 3 is right at the end and that point Noctis & Co have no reason to fight him.

Also this would make Prompto the only character with no verse 2 dedicated for him to play.

Its likely the hidden trophy for the DLC itself and that there are actually 3 chapters dedicated to the DLC. Verse 2 is just the alternate ending. But it does beg the question though, if you get a trophy for beating Ardyn in verse 2, who is the final boss in the main story? I always thought it would have been him regardless.

Typing this now I can see it being Ravus actually. If the trailer is to hold any truth, it seems that you pick between Noct or Luna to save, but have to pick Noct regardless. Perhaps Ravus, at first, hates you for that.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
talking about arts, here's an incredible fanart:

I always thought this was an official artwork...wow

Anyway, this looks like it's from the bestary, but Vestael and those dogs Umbra and Pryna are not included, so can we expect in the next update (or in the future) that we can now look more deeply at the characters?
Hopefully more detailed, because I really want to zoom Ifrits face, sword or looking more in Gentiana or Aranea.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Woooooh, either the coincidence is strong with this one, or that Kojima is a FFXV fan.
Probably the former. Tech marvels and a wish for a dark aesthetic leading to similar effects and motifs. When you dump something unique for valid concerns (FNC stuff) you have to turn to the generic (black slime, ect.).

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
Don't know where exactly I should post these, but going back to the Dissidia Intro, I took some cool, favorite scenes.

Really love Kefka how he acts and how detailed he is.
You can even see his make-up, now I really want a VI remake.

Visual works can make impressive detailed characters like textures and lighting.
Hope there will be more of it.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
just a fun trivia, seems like Ravus insignia depicts the same creature (winged unicorn) that appears in the cosmogony book; my bet is that Unicorn would be a summon/messenger or at least a guardian deity from Tenebrae.
More likely a Messenger. But.... In the artwork, it's on the side of Ifrit? Interesting.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
That Quick Recipeh ability just qualified this as the best DLC of all time.

Ignis seems to be extremely quick during combat. He's also a heavy spell user too.

I wonder if we can character switch as him outside of combat in the upcoming update? Haven't been following this too closely lately so feel free to correct me here.

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Hmmm that Bahamut(?) design looks a lot like the FFV mixed with FFVIII Bahamut design. Looks like he's fighting against a Weapon enemy of some kind, Omega Weapon perhaps? Looks like they were fighting at the Citadel too.

Incidentily in the chapter 12 update with the Cosmogony page artworks shows there is a Dragon that looks like that too which may also be Bahamut, as the other Astrals are there too.

So maybe he can transform? I mean, Shiva can so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Last edited: