Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I wouldn't be surprised if the high cost of XIII was related to the team doing separate lip syncing to Japanese and English dialogue. Hope they can do it again sometime. Maybe using some of the profits they're raking in from XV.
XIII was... odd. I think its biggest problem was the same problem Squenix had with XIV -- the asset developers had no conception of their limitations, so they made a ton of stuff they didn't need and couldn't end up using. =/

On the other hand, the scope of XIII in its final form was tiny compared to XV, which is probably why it focused so heavily on cutscenes and maintained a similar quality throughout said cutscenes. There are tradeoffs to be made, and one of them is that including an open world limits how many cutscenes you can afford. =/

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
They’ve openly admitted in the past that they do research forums for fan input lol!
Well, if they're going to do that...

...they should totally add two prompts into Chapter 13:

1) When Noct falls off the bridge, prompt the player to play Gladio's route or continue as Noct.

2) At the end of Gladio's route, prompt asking if the player wants to resume Noct's route or skip to the reunion.

Then, for the three total prompts (including the one at the beginning of the chapter), make the defaults:

1) Play Noct's route
2) Play Gladio's route
3) Continue Noct's route

That way, while players who wanted to skip most of Chapter 13 still could, the default option would include both routes in the most logical order, and new players who chose to follow Gladio anyway would still get the suggestion to play Noct's route instead of skipping ahead.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Well, if they're going to do that...

...they should totally add two prompts into Chapter 13:

1) When Noct falls off the bridge, prompt the player to play Gladio's route or continue as Noct.

2) At the end of Gladio's route, prompt asking if the player wants to resume Noct's route or skip to the reunion.

Then, for the three total prompts (including the one at the beginning of the chapter), make the defaults:

1) Play Noct's route
2) Play Gladio's route
3) Continue Noct's route

That way, while players who wanted to skip most of Chapter 13 still could, the default option would include both routes in the most logical order, and new players who chose to follow Gladio anyway would still get the suggestion to play Noct's route instead of skipping ahead.
I think the perfect moment to ask the player when to change to Gladio is at the 3rd checkpoint (after you find Ravus with Noctis). This way you have the surprise, with Gladio you learn about what happened with Ravus and the Iedolas, to then go back with Noctis knowing the monster that chases you is the emperor.

Last edited:

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
The cor scene didn't happen with lemoneatingkow either. Even tho he did the bases first. I'm so confused..they couldn't have advertised a cor scene with noctis just not to show it in the end??

Verdanes

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 20, 2018
I am pretty dissapointed

The Quality-Quantity/Price, ratio is a bit unfair
It's great content but for too much money knowing how long it'll take to finish (as it's basically one chapter redone and a very lazy (but needed) cutscene at chapter 5 (only talking about story content)

Ardyn bossfight is still underwheilming, he'll start phase 2 when reach in 3/4 of his HP and then you just spam in god mod until he dies

They didnt add the Pocket Edition voicelines in

Still gonna buy it but I expected more out of 20 bucks, kinda sucks for something i'll be done within 3hours (which is roughly the same as the Episode DLC)

I hope this money goes to Ardyn DLC, and I really hope they do tweak his bossfight with an update coming with this dlc

My post is pretty rant-y but I am still positive about it, again, the content is great, just not worth 20 bucks
(10$ would have been fine)