Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
The only update Ardyn got was adding some of his moves from Verses 1 and 2 of Episode Ignis, the marital arts and laser beam so far.
Tbh i don't mind it that much imo, the thought of Ardyn getting a monster form as an additional phase just feels like it would have cheapened the whole point of Noctis fighting and slaying a bitter human-being for the sake of a JRPG trope. I mean i can get wanting more of a challenge/climax, but not if it meant downplaying how personal Ardyn was with Noctis.

And besides, i'd prefer the PE dialogue solution anyway.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Tbh i don't mind it that much imo, the thought of Ardyn getting a monster form as an additional phase just feels like it would have cheapened the whole point of Noctis fighting and slaying a bitter human-being for the sake of a JRPG trope. I mean i can get wanting more of a challenge/climax, but not if it meant downplaying how personal Ardyn was with Noctis.

And besides, i'd prefer the PE dialogue solution anyway.
Yeah, I'm fine with him having those attacks, that's good enough for me.

wmlk

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 5, 2014
I don't want that dialogue from the Pocket Edition. A lot of the cut dialogue is almost too literal.

Ardyn is on his last legs and is going crazy; he doesn't need to be eloquent on how much he hates Noctis. Him screaming and you hearing him losing his wits with the dialogue before the final blow is all it needs. It reflects the state of that character, and the situation that he's in. He's never been bested like this.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
If they actually wanted to fix her character they would already done it. Nearly year and a half passed, they didn't add nothing substantial to her character, i think they don't give a fuck anymore. Why not just spread some childhood cutscenes through the game?
I'd prefer they take their time and get any expanded characterization for her right. There's plenty they can improve in the interim.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
^Try using the boat to see any islands or new areas of the main continent that you can access. That's what I'd do if I had the game early.
I've already done that. There are invisible walls keeping you away from touching land. So, no way it's that.
But i didn't find the whale/thing. Maybe it's related...

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018

new render with evil regis
oooh so pretty! tho i don't get what's going on here xD the sign says "regalia". maybe they are adding it right now? where did u get this pic? :)
(the cars behind them look new - if there was a car on a promo it usually was regalia, noctis' audi or these cars from versus which i guess were "official" ones)

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
oooh so pretty! tho i don't get what's going on here xD the sign says "regalia". maybe they are adding it right now? where did u get this pic? :)
(the cars behind them look new - if there was a car on a promo it usually was regalia, noctis' audi or these cars from versus which i guess were "official" ones)
they're insomnian cars featured in kingsglave (and even in past Versus XIII trailers).

edit:

https://twitter.com/ataraxetta/status/970600289416998912
https://twitter.com/ataraxetta/status/970601684832579585

this is exactly how i feel about the chapter 10 quests... you can tell the B team is doing the free updates...

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
they're insomnian cars featured in kingsglave (and even in past Versus XIII trailers).

edit:

https://twitter.com/ataraxetta/status/970600289416998912
https://twitter.com/ataraxetta/status/970601684832579585

this is exactly how i feel about the chapter 10 quests... you can tell the B team is doing the free updates...
The chapter 10 update sucks ass yes, but i don't really think the rest of the free updates we've had in the past ti'll now (type d, character swap, new cutscenes, comrades balance patches + new sigils, etc) were on the realm of a "b-team" (or rather, a c-team) effort imo.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
The chapter 10 update sucks ass yes, but i don't really think the rest of the free updates we've had in the past ti'll now (type d, character swap, new cutscenes, comrades balance patches + new sigils, etc) were on the realm of a "b-team" (or rather, a c-team) effort imo.
they're not bad updates, far from it, but the character swap was basically porting what other teams created but the balance is broken, and the cutscenes have poor presentation (slide-show on chapter 12 and now chapter 5)

comrades is done by another team i think but i wouldnt call them A effort yet.

they're putting out good content either way