Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Isn't his occasional fatigue possibly due to the power of the kings draining him? AFAIK there was an in-game dialogue suggesting the posdibility.

Dunno why they aren't unlockable via certain quests. Just make them available after certain hunting ranks or something
All the more reason why they should nerf the full MP insta-gain from warp points.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Isn't his occasional fatigue possibly due to the power of the kings draining him? AFAIK there was an in-game dialogue suggesting the posdibility.

All the more reason why they should nerf the full MP insta-gain from warp points.
Nah what Storm's referring to is just Noct generally being a brat sayin stuff like "I'm sick of all this walking" and his other general whining around the Trial of Titan. The dialogue you're reffering to is used more in relation to after summoning as well as one line specifically about the kings' power in which he's asked if it's draining and he says "Well it's hard to wake up in the morning" which is more of a joke about how he likes to sleep in (ties into the tours at certain camps).

47D

Yevonite
Feb 17, 2018
I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem, but Prompto has been acting kind of glitchy. [PS4]

When playing as Prompto on the Insomnia map, the game pauses or freezes for like 1 second. It was especially bad when I was fighting The Rouge, as the game would keep pausing/freezing throughout the battle.

It only seems to happen with Prompto. Has anyone else experienced this?

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem, but Prompto has been acting kind of glitchy. [PS4]

When playing as Prompto on the Insomnia map, the game pauses or freezes for like 1 second. It was especially bad when I was fighting The Rouge, as the game would keep pausing/freezing throughout the battle.

It only seems to happen with Prompto. Has anyone else experienced this?
Happened for me during the Rogue fight as well but only the first time I fought her. Ever since beating the new chapter 14 stuff once he's been fine.

Feb 19, 2018

Guys anyone know what music plays at 7:26? Haven't found it in Iggy DLC OST, sounds beautiful.
It's an unreleased track as far as I know though it might be included in the OST Volume 2 coming out later as it's supposed to collect all of the music from the DLCs. It sounds like a rearrangement of the intro theme for Kingsglaive which is fitting given Ravus' involvement in the scene. I'd suggest going to YouTube and keeping an eye on a channel called OnionSoldier I asked him about the track and apparently he's going to upload it soon although I don't know when. For now though you'll just have to satisfy yourself with the Kingsglaive intro theme I mentioned as it includes some of the same melodies in this piece.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Videos showing some of the various datalogs which can be recovered. There's actually some quite interesting lore to find. There's also a video from this channel on the Cosmogony, but there's nothing new there.
The amount of religious world-building they included is really interesting. FF tends to concern itself with religion primarily as a means of creating conflict (see most notably FFX), so it's nice to see lore that simply associates the cults of certain deities with certain areas (Bahamut-Insomnia, Ramuh-Galdin, Titan-Cauthess, Ifrit-Ravatough and Solheim, Leviathan-Altissia, Shiva-Niflheim, and kinda-sorta The Oracle-Tenebrae) without that necessarily causing problems.

Given the all-but-certain existence of a complete version next year, it seems like Tabby's hope for 10 mil is no longer that implausible!

(...I wonder what the current sales are if the Pocket Edition counts... XD;)

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Digital Foundry: Final Fantasy 15's PC port unlocks the game's full visual potential

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-final-fantasy-15-windows-edition-pc-analysis

Overall though, this is a scalable port that looks simply beautiful, and rewards PC gamers with a big bunch of additional extras and options over console players. Square-Enix has pushed the boat out here to really show us what their engine can do, and it's been fantastic to return to this game and to really see what the Luminous technology is capable of delivering.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Given the all-but-certain existence of a complete version next year, it seems like Tabby's hope for 10 mil is no longer that implausible!
It'd be wonderful to see that happen. I'm just so excited to see what they've got in store for XVI. I'd love them to return to a high fantasy setting, and maybe go back to a female protagonist without it being a Cloud imitation as Lightning was to a degree (I still love her to bits, but even I'll admit her faults).

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
The amount of religious world-building they included is really interesting. FF tends to concern itself with religion primarily as a means of creating conflict (see most notably FFX), so it's nice to see lore that simply associates the cults of certain deities with certain areas (Bahamut-Insomnia, Ramuh-Galdin, Titan-Cauthess, Ifrit-Ravatough and Solheim, Leviathan-Altissia, Shiva-Niflheim, and kinda-sorta The Oracle-Tenebrae) without that necessarily causing problems.
Yeah, that's a refreshing change.

The things I found most interesting was the description of Solheim's view of life and death, and that the afterlife was seen as a vast ocean. I couldn't help but remember both the concept of Chaos in XIII/Type-0 and the scene where Luna's spirit talks to Noctis and she's floating down into a vast sea. Guess they had it right. And it also makes sense when seeing that those who use the Crystal's power are turned to ash or severely burnt; the Crystal's power is that of life, and life to Solheim was personified in flame. That makes Ifrit and Leviathan the two most symbolically powerful deities on the Hexatheon, as they hold power over fire and water respectively.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Yeah, that's a refreshing change.

The things I found most interesting was the description of Solheim's view of life and death, and that the afterlife was seen as a vast ocean. I couldn't help but remember both the concept of Chaos in XIII/Type-0 and the scene where Luna's spirit talks to Noctis and she's floating down into a vast sea. Guess they had it right. And it also makes sense when seeing that those who use the Crystal's power are turned to ash or severely burnt; the Crystal's power is that of life, and life to Solheim was personified in flame. That makes Ifrit and Leviathan the two most symbolically powerful deities on the Hexatheon, as they hold power over fire and water respectively.
I would be shocked if the scene where Luna's spirit disappeared into the sea wasn't a holdover from Versus XIII in some way. The imagery is just too similar. I don't think we're meant to see the afterlife as actually being an ocean given the final scene, but I do think it's implied that Solheim had the symbolism right, at least.

In light of the life-light-fire vs. death-darkness-water symbolism, however, it's even more interesting that Ifrit was the one to betray the rest of the Hexatheon because humanity had rejected him. If Ifrit is connected with life, trying to wipe out humanity would go against his own nature as much as his sworn duty as an Astral... and if Solheim connected fire with life, rebelling against Ifrit would be sort of like rebelling against life itself.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
There are multiple sources and rumors suggesting the PS5 dev kits are in the wild now, which might be indicative of the PS5 coming around the end of 2019. It's unbelievable how quickly this gen feels. I remember getting excited for the PS4 after the E3 2013 FFXV Nomura Trailer, and then buying the PS4 on day 1. After that it seems like I just waited the whole gen for XV to finally come out. And now that I had it for slightly over a year (with more updates and DLCs still on the way!), we're already hearing how this gen is soon heading to a close. That's crazy >.<