Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 19, 2018
There are multiple sources and rumors suggesting the PS5 dev kits are in the wild now, which might be indicative of the PS5 coming around the end of 2019. It's unbelievable how quickly this gen feels. I remember getting excited for the PS4 after the E3 2013 FFXV Nomura Trailer, and then buying the PS4 on day 1. After that it seems like I just waited the whole gen for XV to finally come out. And now that I had it for slightly over a year (with more updates and DLCs still on the way!), we're already hearing how this gen is soon heading to a close. That's crazy >.<
Yeah it honestly wouldn't surprise me if FFVII Remake either becomes a dual gen game or gets straight up pushed back so it can be part of the next gen launch line up. Aside from Nomura repeating history like he did with Versus XIII that's the only other theory I have as to why FFVIIR has been relatively off the radar for nearly half a decade now.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
There are multiple sources and rumors suggesting the PS5 dev kits are in the wild now, which might be indicative of the PS5 coming around the end of 2019. It's unbelievable how quickly this gen feels. I remember getting excited for the PS4 after the E3 2013 FFXV Nomura Trailer, and then buying the PS4 on day 1. After that it seems like I just waited the whole gen for XV to finally come out. And now that I had it for slightly over a year (with more updates and DLCs still on the way!), we're already hearing how this gen is soon heading to a close. That's crazy >.<
The thing about Sony is, they support previous generations for years after the next console comes out, unlike others. I still remember picking up Ps2 games in 2009 (Persona 4 was one of those games). Hell , i still get relevant games for my PS3.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Yeah it honestly wouldn't surprise me if FFVII Remake either becomes a dual gen game or gets straight up pushed back so it can be part of the next gen launch line up. Aside from Nomura repeating history like he did with Versus XIII that's the only other theory I have as to why FFVIIR has been relatively off the radar for nearly half a decade now.
In this times the companies don't want to launch a game exclusively with a new console.
But i can see a dual launch for PS4 and PS5.
Maybe PS4 and 5 are compatible and they launch a single version that comes with a patch just for the increased graphics of the new console.

Last edited:

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
My boys, the Regalia in Insomnia is just for chapter 15 right? Because I did almost every thing, including all the Regalia missions in Lucis, to travel to present Insomnia in chapter 14 and Talcot does not appear.

Thanks!

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
My boys, the Regalia in Insomnia is just for chapter 15 right? Because I did almost every thing, including all the Regalia missions in Lucis, to travel to present Insomnia in chapter 14 and Talcot does not appear.

Thanks!
Did all the quests/races last night and he wasn't there in chapter 14. Beat the game, reloaded into chapter 15, and he was standing by the entrance to the kingsglaive's base.

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Did you do the new type D quests? You have to do the first one
I thought I did every single one, I mean all related to the the original regalia (all the objects she asks you to find), the type F and the new one that is in the RE (finding the wheels and after that just a test running to inform Cidny). Is there another one I could have skipped or just other new one I dont know besides finding the wheels?
Thanks.

Loganight then definetely is a post game extra, right?

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I thought I did every single one, I mean all related to the the original regalia (all the objects she asks you to find), the type F and the new one that is in the RE (finding the wheels and after that just a test running to inform Cidny). Is there another one I could have skipped or just other new one I dont know besides finding the wheels?
Thanks.

Loganight then definetely is a post game extra, right?
Unless I did it wrong that's how it seems to be.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
This game desperately needs a hard and a very hard mode! Beyond other bosses, the game is super easy.
That's
the Costlemark Menace Dungeon, where you can't use any items.
. It shows how deep and tactical the battle system can be, since weapon weaknesses, food buffs, Ascension nodes, magic, and equipment can be. I understand BD2 was trying to hit as broad of a target as possible, but they really sold themselves short with hiding some very nuanced and intricate gameplay behind item spam.

They got it close to right with Comrades, though. Hope to see something similar in the main game. That plus character switching -- wow.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://bnbnb.tumblr.com/post/171767141156/more-uhhh-miqote-outfit-found-in-the-game

so one of the costumes from the upcoming FFXIV collab event was found in the game files

based on the leaks, the miqote costume will go to prompto (the others will get costumes from the other races) and there'll be aero-based weapons as rewards or something; it will deal with a past messenger being an entity in the world of FFXIV.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Mini-guide.

Cosmogony:

Almanac:

Chronicles:

Edit: Regalia Type-D on Insomnia.

Thanks heaps for this man.

I was having trouble finding the final chronicle in my game.

I think the idea of a second "Season Pass" is long gone at this stage, they will just go with separte DLC releases.
I wonder how the sales for this will go?

I’ve no doubt some people will complain about having to pay for each one separately, especially if the minimum price is $15 each.