Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Wow, the majority of those are shooters and 2 of the 6 are battle royale games. The fact that FFXV managed to fix itself like this already is staggering, let alone be compared to some ridiculously popular E-sports games.

How the hell is this going to look after the next 4 DLC and another year's worth of free updates?

God I want that Roadmap so badly. It's so much better to know now and anticipate everything. I think once we hear about Episode Ardyn, we'll hear about the rest.

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
Wow, the majority of those are shooters and 2 of the 6 are battle royale games. The fact that FFXV managed to fix itself like this already is staggering, let alone be compared to some ridiculously popular E-sports games.

How the hell is this going to look after the next 4 DLC and another year's worth of free updates?

God I want that Roadmap so badly. It's so much better to know now and anticipate everything. I think once we hear about Episode Ardyn, we'll hear about the rest.
Maybe they are waiting to see how well tge Royal and Windows Edition sell first before locking anything in permanently.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Maybe they are waiting to see how well tge Royal and Windows Edition sell first before locking anything in permanently.
Those numbers are just the Phsycial Royal Edition right? That doesn't include the Window's edition (any of it) and the Royal pack (most fans probably bought this if they already have the game). So this isn't bad.

Also, I'm pretty sure the plan for the 4 DLC's has already been finalized since January 31st (refer to the Dangeki interview). Now, the quality of each could be based on the sales. Since Ardyn is happening first, I expect that to be at least full budget and of the highest quality since it is being made as we speak. As for DLC 2/3/4, the quality could be affected based on these projected sales.

I think overall its doing really well though. I've seen a TON of new people get into the Window's edition, and its been nothing but positive word of mouth.

With the royal edition in early March and Noctis in Tekken7 for late March - I guess we can assume that no XV news will drop for at least a month or two :(
I think once Ardyn news drops, the rest will drop too. They said that everything will be revealed at once (the last interview stated this) so I'm expecting something in the next month or 2 as well. Does suck waiting though lol

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Maybe they want to surprise us about revealing all the content of the season pass and Episode Ardyn relaeasing a week after the official announcement of the road map/season pass or something.
Its a bit strange they are taking so much time for that.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
I'm pretty sure we will finally get the ability to swim added to the game. Hopefully they also patch in the ability to play as the bros without swapping back to Noctis all the time.
This is actually such an easy fix; (1) when undertaking quests it can automatically switch to Noct, (2) when driving it is locked to Auto if you're not controlling Noctis, (3)and for story quests it will also automatically switch you to Noctis when you click it. But running around the world is rather easy as the bros since the animations are fully finished thanks to their episodes, they'd just have to add a few extra ones (like climbing or opening doors, etc)

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
^Oh, that part is news to me. Maybe it shifted to being being a future free update or was just an idea at the time.
yeah he mentioned it briefly here:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/03/06/final-fantasy-xv-director-qa-royal-edition-out-today/
5. With first-person mode and an all-new dungeon, there’s quite a lot of stuff in here! Is there anything else you wish could have made its way into the Royal Edition?
I would say underwater exploration. However, since there’d be difficulties spec-wise, and with limited locations where players could play this, we prioritized the other elements.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Couldn't provide a source if you asked but I do distinctly remember around the time of them discussing feedback from Episode Duscae Tabata mentioned wanting to add water combat as a potential future DLC after the game launched. Think around the same time they discussed the possibilities of an airship being added post-launch, but obviously that was before we learned that the team partnered with Just Cause 3's staff to work on the Type-F.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
The base game doesn't offer any scenario for underwater exploration so ignoring that was the right call.
heh to be honest they didnt even add new areas to go with the boat, imagine if resources were even more split.

edit:

i swear comrades would be 10 times better if it wasn't for the loading times.

anyway, just need 1 more sigil; they are more exciting than the first batch, Graviton and Rampage are amazing.

edit2:

there's another skull in this weapon

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYXNVqtVMAAve4U.jpg

Last edited: