Final Fantasy XV Information Supplement Survey

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Hello everyone,

I've put together a survey for the purposes to ask the Final Fantasy community how they feel about using guides and Wikia sites while playing Final Fantasy games and information regarding a potential project to further this idea specifically for Final Fantasy XV.

The goal of this survey is to gauge interest in a project I've been mulling about for quite some time now to see how much the wider FF community appreciates guides and Wikia sites while playing Final Fantasy in particular.

Personally, I feel that guides and Wikia sites are very lacking when it comes to searching for information. Book guides tend to be difficult to navigate and search for relevant information in expansive games, and Wikia sites are just not tailored for video games in the way that I know they can be.

I'm heavily inspired by the site XIVDB.com which is a database for all of Final Fantasy XIV (MMO). I believe this concept of searching for things like items, weapons, quests, monsters, etc can be applied to single player experiences as well to act like how a guide or Wikia site would normally but designed specifically for FFXV.

Again, the results of this survey are to gauge interest in this type of project. Of course, this can extend to other Final Fantasy games and frankly gaming as a whole, but the purpose of this is just for Final Fantasy XV currently.

TL;DR I've created a survey to ask people what they think about guides and Wikia sites when it comes to playing Final Fantasy games. I'd really appreciate it if you could participate in the survey.

If you have any questions about the project or any discussion in relation to the topic, please feel free to leave them below.

Thank you very much!

Survey: https://goo.gl/forms/OgxiAYLrBx6nudGx1

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
How extensive would this supplement information be?
Ideally, a database of the entire game's contents that covers virtually everything possible.

Unfortunately, things like dialogue outside of mission text are simply impossible to get without ripping game data. However, things like mission objective text, item/weapon/hunt descriptions etc can be manually entered into the database.

Ideally you would be able to move between different type of data points easily. For example: I'm in Lucis region of the world, this region has x monster, x monster drops y item, y item makes z buff, z buff has so-and-so stats... All of these connecting points will be easily traversable and parsable. Ideally, you should be able to search for a dedicated list of meals that give HP buff above 30 points and it would give you a list of all of them. Another example, searching for every weapon or item that can be obtained in a specific area of the game. Tools that help with your play through can also be added as a personal tracker like checklists for missions, side quests, found items, etc.

Essentially, this site would cover anything you wanted to know about the game. I've also seen some opinions regarding the more personalized elements that guides and even some Wikia pages have of describing a guide or strategy behind a boss encounter or dungeon. This can also be added and going as far to allow users to submit their own guides and attach videos so when someone looks up for example where to find a weapon in the game, they might see it's in a specific dungeon and can look at a list of walkthroughs from various users that can help them if they need it.

There's a lot that can go into this, I have many ideas, but these are just a few of the basic concepts. I hope this makes sense and you can wrap your head around it. If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to reply.

Thank you very much!

The survey has been answered by over 140 people so far, thank you to those on the site that have participated!