Final Fantasy XV is not planned to be released in segments!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
But I thought Nomura said it was like a road movie since the Versus XIII days. Like a journey with a group of bro's, or something like that...
And it is. But really, I'm just wondering what all has been saved and what has been scrapped, changed or reduced? We've been promised many things but how many of those things will make it in the end?

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
That's true.

Another thing I wonder about are the "gimmicks" which is suppose to make the world more interactive. Wonder if those have taken a hit or not?
I guess we're going to have to wait until October 2nd to find out. If not then, we'll just have to go hands-on with the demo in March 2015. If I were honest, the open world in the TGS 2014 trailer did not look very interactive. Aside from the monsters and a few points of interest, it looked mostly barren and empty.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
I guess we're going to have to wait until October 2nd to find out. If not then, we'll just have to go hands-on with the demo in March 2015. If I were honest, the open world in the TGS 2014 trailer did not look very interactive. Aside from the monsters and a few points of interest, it looked mostly barren and empty.
To be honest, a lot of the world maps are barren and empty. And there's no point in adding content to places for the sake of it lol.

But yes, I'm curious if those gimmicks are still there. They looked kind of rough in that 2011 trailer. Was it realistically doable outside of a trailer or not?

Sep 26, 2013
I'm curious. What would be a good map size for FFXV? Something like FFXII? FFXIV? Skyrim? Red Dead? What would be acceptable? What do people want?

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
I'm curious. What would be a good map size for FFXV? Something like FFXII? FFXIV? Skyrim? Red Dead? What would be acceptable? What do people want?
In terms of my expectations I've always wanted a much larger FFXII and that's what it sounds like. I mean it sounds large given they designed it around the car and its possibly RDR size, but I'd be totally okay with it if it was a little smaller. This range is perfect.

FF games have never exactly been open-world and I'm glad Tabata stresses that.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
You'd probably be able to get across Skyrim in like 10 minutes with a car.

OT: Good. Aside from the gameplay, the interview is really telling. It hits all the right notes for me. I need this game in my life.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
No they haven't. They're actually pretty linear but it's all covered up well and that's really the key here. The only titles that make linearity obvious are FFX and FFXIII.
Yup.

Regarding side quests, It may be of unpopular opinion but... I thought XIII-2 having some relate to the plot or the time concept was really cool. I hope they do that for XV. Tell us about other nations/lore expand it in the SQ.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
And it is. But really, I'm just wondering what all has been saved and what has been scrapped, changed or reduced? We've been promised many things but how many of those things will make it in the end?
He never had the time to port them onto the Luminous Engine since he was using the Ebony engine. He said when he does start using actual PS4 hardware he will see what needs to be cut and kept. However before he could do so he was taken off and replaced with Taba, therefore the former is doing exactly that. Now we get to see how much of his vision can fit onto disc.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I still don't want DLC on XV at all.
That's just my opinion as a gamer, not as an analyst.
If there is DLC it better be free! If they did somehow legitly think of some new content to add 'after' the game is released then it better be reasonably priced.

No they haven't. They're actually pretty linear but it's all covered up well and that's really the key here. The only titles that make linearity obvious are FFX and FFXIII.
I don't understand when people say things like "Fainel Fantisy xIII iz thee wurst FF, it's 2 LINEAR" then that exact same person will say "Final Fantasy X is my favorite" Or "Final Fantasy X was the last good FF".

I mean only in regards to linearity, they do know FFX is very linear too and it was made obvious just as it was in FFXIII.

Sep 26, 2013
I don't understand when people say things like "Fainel Fantisy xIII iz thee wurst FF, it's 2 LINEAR" then that exact same person will say "Final Fantasy X is my favorite" Or "Final Fantasy X was the last good FF".

I mean only in regards to linearity, they do know FFX is very linear too and it was made obvious just as it was in FFXIII.
There isn't anything really wrong with linearity. You just want to disguise it so that it is not a distraction to the overall experience. I think for some people, that's the difference between FFX and FFXIII. One covers it up better so that your attention is elsewhere, even though one can see how linear both games are.

Last edited:

Leonhart

PSICOM Soldier
If there is DLC it better be free! If they did somehow legitly think of some new content to add 'after' the game is released then it better be reasonably priced.

Completely agree with you. Final Fantasy X was very linear too and most people ignore that. And in FFXIII there is actually a reason to the game be linear... You are considered an enemy by all that people and because of that you don't have any cities to explore and things like that. This explain pretty much to me and I can live with the fact that FFXII was very story driven.

Looks like FFXV will be less linear but I think some segments will be... I think we will not have access to all cities and places when we want, maybe only during some events.
And 40 hours looks like a good time to me since we could expect around 100 hours if we want to do everything else the game could offer.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I don't have much love for X (at all), but to be fair, I think that even if it was linear as hell (main reason I dislike it) it wasn't as obvious as XIII, where it was painful except for the time you spend in Gran Paals; it didn't feel like an actual world.

In X, I think it was more justified by having Spira being a bunch of islands under a giant whale's threat, so it served its purpose more than in XIII, even if there there are also reasons (they're persecuted and Gran Pulse is a wild world). Spira felt like an actual world that was that way because of its story (whether I liked it or not), while XIII's Cocoon and Gran Pulse didn't feel like that, wasn't 'credible' (for me).

Regarding XV, I think it's basically going to be like XII but with bigger areas maybe and much more seamless.

Basically, taking IX's map as an example, the entirety of 8 (Cleyra <3) would be seamless, while if you want to go to, say, 33, you'd have to go through some sort of transition, because both places are separated by chains of mountains you can't climb. Of course, much more realistically scaled than in the PSX games:

Last edited:

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I'm gonna try my best to enjoy this game. But if I can't spend 3 weeks playing this games after waiting all this time I doubt I'll be satisfied. Tabata can direct a good game but I'm not a fan of his methods and plans he's brought up thus far. Friendly fire? 40 hrs that might not be able to be extended? 4 playable characters with a odd extra one (cor)? The likely lack of moogles, cactaurs, tonberries, and other FF regulars? It's gonna take some time to let go of all the high hopes I had. But hopefully after this and type-0 they go back to making less realistic FFs again that are like FF9. For now though this is what it comes to.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
I'm gonna try my best to enjoy this game. But if I can't spend 3 weeks playing this games after waiting all this time I doubt I'll be satisfied. Tabata can direct a good game but I'm not a fan of his methods and plans he's brought up thus far. Friendly fire? 40 hrs that might not be able to be extended? 4 playable characters with a odd extra one (cor)? The likely lack of moogles, cactaurs, tonberries, and other FF regulars? It's gonna take some time to let go of all the high hopes I had. But hopefully after this and type-0 they go back to making less realistic FFs again that are like FF9. For now though this is what it comes to.
Err where are you getting half of these from? when did they say 40 hours can't be extended or moogles, cactaurs and tonberries likely won't be in? suddenly jumping to conclusions here for no reason...