1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV Judgement Demo Trailer

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Novum, Nov 11, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Novum

Novum Balamb Garden Freshman

Spoilers inbound, especially if you understand japanese.

2. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Ardyn, Ardyn, Ardyn what are you?

Noctis_Caelum and Tornak like this.
  3. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

I have a feeling I'm going to really like Ardyn. And I got massive Versus vibes from the end of it - except I don't think it ever could have been this good.

4. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

As @Guitar (pseudo)God said in the speculation thread, that scene with Old Noctis REALLY reminds me of the original Versus XIII teaser trailer. I think I already posted it somewhere here, but I was kinda expecting some kind of homage to it, especially with the older version as Insomnia is obviously not a place you get to until some stuff has to happen (seems like it, at least).

Really hyping trailer. A bit of a editing here and there and it would make a great marketing trailer. Very curious to see everything related to Ardyn (was doing some Oracle stuff on him? That dude has to be an Astral or at least very closely related to them). Also, did we get a glimpse to a new summon around the 3 minute mark? Bahamut? And Knights of the Round, too.

Ravus actually seems cool here lol. I like that he definitively has some kind of goal other than "muh revenge on Lucis". Very interested in seeing more of his relationship with his sister. Whether he's the final villain or not, I hope we get to see a lot of him, especially as he seems to be molded as a rival for Noctis.

Oh, and Older Noctis is the man, what a great design. Also, I guess now we can put the whole whitewashing thing to rest, as that only kinda happens in the CG render (there the differences between the realistic Old Noctis and the incredibly anime-ish one are really obvious): the in-game version, especially in this trailer, looks what you would expect he could look like.

Noctis_Caelum and Nova like this.
  5. Ikkin

Ikkin ShinRa SOLDIER

Yeah, it kind of feels like the opposite of FFX, where the CG version looked Asian and the in-game one really didn't. XD; I much prefer Noct's in-game model to his render, which is weird because making a separate model for the CG shouldn't have even been necessary this time around.

On a different note, the in-game/in-engine cutscenes are gorgeous now that the engine's actually complete. I wonder if the reason they avoided showing practically any scenes of the sort in the past was because they didn't want our first impression of a bunch of them to be of something only partially finished.

Tornak likes this.
  6. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

Yeah. Outfit aside, Tidus actually looks like a person in CG and 2D art form. In-game he looks like fucking Meg Ryan. I'm really liking this design transitions. Hopefully other characters (Luna, Iris, Cid...) experience some changes too. Although I'm actually just expecting Ravus to change, unless the timeskip is longer than what I expect.

Can't wait for people to analyze this trailer. There are some very juicy scenes here and there, particularly the ones towards the end, with the throne, the summons and the ring.

7. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

8. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

These translations differ greatly from another one that I've seen on YouTube. Anything that I can understand is the same, but most of what I don't know has changed. By that I mean, I know little Japanese, the bits that I can make out are the ones that are consistent with the other translation. Anything that I can't make any sense of with my limited Japanese is different coincidentally enough.

Storm likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!