Final Fantasy XV Jump Festa 2015 Trailer Details

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I wonder if we'll meet Cor in the demo. The few CGI scenes we've got with him indicate that he meets the party relatively early in the game ( it's the Duscae region). But I think it's more likely that we won't see him in the demo.
I'm not sure if we'll see him in the demo, but it's safe to say we meet him early on. He likely meets up with the party to inform them of what happened inside the city and joins your party.

Also, it seems that with the recent information, Cor won't just be a Guest party member anymore, which is awesome.

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
I'm not sure if we'll see him in the demo, but it's safe to say we meet him early on. He likely meets up with the party to inform them of what happened inside the city and joins your party.

Also, it seems that with the recent information, Cor won't just be a Guest party member anymore, which is awesome.
Cor is my favourite among all members. Sad that he doesn't get the same amount of screen time and features.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
He likely meets up with the party to inform them of what happened inside the city and joins your party.
Yes I think that's safe to say.

Wouldn't surprise me because he was in the promo art for the game in 2013 and Nomura also mentioned something down the line that the party consists of five members for the most time:

Finaland & FFDream: A Final Fantasy XV question, what should we expect in terms of vehicles ? Can we pilot airships and explore the world of Final Fantasy XV and discover its secrets ?

Tetsuya Nomura: We don’t have any big plans for having different type of vehicles and stuff like that. There’s one you saw in the recent trailer of course.

Well two things you probably could use, first, the car, the car is gonna be the vehicle you’ll use probably the most in the game. The other one, the magitek armor, you can actually control and ride the magitek armor as well, in a future reveal you’ll probably find more.

Finaland & FFDream: A motorbike ?

Tetsuya Nomura: (laughs) In Final Fantasy XV you play as a party, you’re always with your friends so five guys riding a motorbike together, I’m not sure if this would works.

The interview in its entirely is a really good read and some parts make Nomura's departure from the project seem to be a logical consequence after his core work was done. With statements like this:

Tetsuya Nomura: Actually I am not very good at managing myself, especially at managing lots of different projects, but because of my staff and all the staffs are very very intelligent, very good and very capable I’m able to run all the different projects at the same time. And also the most important are the Co-Directors in each project, again they are very capable and skilled people, they are the people actually managing the actual everyday job on the ground. That’s why I’m here, they are supporting me all the time.
or this

Tetsuya Nomura: The reason why we bringed Tabata-san into the team is because he always said to me that it wanted to join the Final Fantasy XV project. I asked him in the team, his vitality and mentality are always very motivated and very high. In the future campaign and until the game is out, Tabata-san himself will be going to speak in front of you guys more often so please ask him in details when he’s available.

combine this with Nomura's introvert personality and it becomes clear why he's not the director anymore. Tabata is more of an extrovert person who likes to talk to the people and that's something that was necessary for FF XV at this point. Nomura usually works more as the creative mind in the background and lets other people talk about his projects in public ( like Hashimoto for example).

After reading this I'm more then confident that things are not as bad as people might think they are about this whole 'nomura's departure from the game' story.

Also pretty cool that he mentioned the magitech armor here somehow I must have missed this part last year. ^^

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
After reading this I'm more then confident that things are not as bad as people might think they are about this whole 'nomura's departure from the game' story.
This is exactly how I felt about the whole situation when it happened, people like to turn mountains out of molehills though.

Also, I agree and like the rest of your post, thank you for posting it.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
@Infest @LeonBlade Agreed. Like I say, whatever happened happened. It may have not been a pleasant experience, but there's no point in making up theories. You're attaching a stigma to the game and I think it's disrespectful to the team who're working on it and to some extent Nomura. Sure people want information so I guess it can't be helped even I do.

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
I was wondering, in the 2011 trailer there was a menu command called "ex arts" could it be that it was for summons? Will it be included it the final version?