Final Fantasy XV Officially Delayed

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
I read on the Internet that some Erren personally and specifically told SE to delay the game. Here's my 18 pages, front and back, rant about why I think she's worse than a fleeing cactaur:

/rant

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
And this is probably a good reason you shouldn't have made a huge thing about the official release date being revealed at an event made specifically to reveal said release date. Yeah, I know it was also to reveal Brotherhood and Kingslgaive, but the point stands. Delays happen, they should know this as a game company, so why they thought it was a good idea to make such a huge thing about the release date is... well, just asking for something like this to happen really.

As much as I like criticizing Tabata (I really don't actually, but he just does so many things that personally annoy me), I'll not harp to much on this. Hopefully it will just teach him and the rest of Square Enix something.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Not sure if I understood it wrong but, according to subtitles:
"This master version will also be playable at the soon to be held Gamescom, right from the start of the game"
Does this mean we (anyone who is at Gamescom) will get the chance to play "chapter 1"?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Not sure if I understood it wrong but, according to subtitles:
"This master version will also be playable at the soon to be held Gamescom, right from the start of the game"
Does this mean we (anyone who is at Gamescom) will get the chance to play "chapter 1"?
Chapter 0.

As fortold by the super popular 4chan leaker "TheGuy" :p

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
How much story content will the Gamescon coverage hold? I want to avoid that as much as possible without going on a media blackout (Like I had planned)

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
He was very positive about the game too, in the off chance he was actually genuine. More to the point, SE must be confident in what they have if they're allowing all these public and playable demos, polish and bugs notwithstanding.
Yeah. I've always been of the mind that there's some truth to those rumors, but it's so devoid of context that there's not much to conclude anything about the story with. The original leaker sounded like he hated it. TheGuy was positive about it. Well, that about sums up this game perfectly, lol.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
I can see this actually. Sometimes sugar-coating a little can help to buy an extra bit of time, but I'm sure there's some truth in his words. I'm trying to think why would PR ask Tabata to lie something like that if it was a lie? They could have vaguely said they needed more time to polish and that would be the end of it. People will slowly but surely have taken that statement and continue to wait. Not as clear or concise as the current one but it would do the job nonetheless. I understand it's too good to believe the PR's words that what they're doing is a noble action (an act of courtesy to the consumers), but when there are other available obvious & vague approaches to announce the delay, it just muddles my conclusion a bit to consider it a lie.

It's hard to tell right now, but in the end, a delay's only purpose is to get the game better, and that's that.
I'm inclined to take most everything Tabata's said at face value. I'm not up on the FSA's regulations, but false or misleading public statements will run you QUICKLY afoul of the SEC for any publically-traded company. Spin is one thing (see XBox One PR, monthly), but outright falsehoods are another.

Tabata also said the standard of the game was below where the team wanted it to be. Given the information provided by Mr. @Rogue-Tomato, if there was something really wrong, the delay would have been greater. A 2-month delay effectively gives the team 6 more weeks to spin up a new master.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
How much story content will the Gamescon coverage hold? I want to avoid that as much as possible without going on a media blackout (Like I had planned)
It looks like it has the first 30 minutes of the game, and probably a spoileriffic trailer. I'd say the writing is on the wall for the most spoilers from any given event. You may want to avoid it.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I'm inclined to take most everything Tabata's said at face value. I'm not up on the FSA's regulations, but false or misleading public statements will run you QUICKLY afoul of the SEC for any publically-traded company. Spin is one thing (see XBox One PR, monthly), but outright falsehoods are another.

Tabata also said the standard of the game was below where the team wanted it to be. Given the information provided by Mr. @Rogue-Tomato, if there was something really wrong, the delay would have been greater. A 2-month delay effectively gives the team 6 more weeks to spin up a new master.
I don't see any reason not to take Tabata's word for it, either. It makes perfect sense. It takes time to print up millions of disks. It's not a super hard stretch of the imagination to see him having to make the call now.

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK

Indeed, and you're right it will give them about 6 more week, roughly. It'll be in the hands of approvals by mid October, and they'll likely start to do production runs at the start of November all being well.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I would say that FFXV will still get a day 1 patch on release. However, I think it will be significally smaller (smaller than 100MB maybe) than it would have originally be if it were released on the original release date.